Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the worst defensive performances I have seen in recent years. shows how important two players Marchesin and Pepe are for them. Mehdi and Diaz were the only ones who actually played football in that team.

Comment

Worst goalkeeper ever, vaghan riiiid

Comment

If the coach put Taremi in the goal he would perform better than Cost us the game guy.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Taremi could have had a nice assist at the end there too.

Considering the number of touches he got, he did treat

Comment

Its a huge experience for him playing in such a difficult game where he chased shadows for most of it, team was suffering a lot, and he was up against best CB in world football in VVD. Still he kept his composure and threatened when he could, and execution on header was top notch, he had to stoop his head to get there and did so with some power.

These are the sort of experiences we need more of our players to have so that from mental perspective they can deliver in high pressure situations vs world best.

Taremi lacked that in Russia, that was a trigger for him to go to europe and now his game had advanced so much as a result. He is a better player in every metric, but especially mental, he realizes the importance of the chances more.

We need to have others besides Taremi, Azmoun to experience the pressure of these big games on consistent basis.

Comment

The blame is 100% on Porto's management.
              Even the most casual fans can tell you they needed to make some big signings this off-season for their defence, and Porto's management decided to not do that.
              Well there you go. This is what you get.

Also, lool at SC for benching Marche all season. He was arguably their best player last year, but was benched for some kid (who's talented, but not a complete player yet). Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                The blame is 100% on Porto's management.
                Even the most casual fans can tell you they needed to make some big signings this off-season for their defence, and Porto's management decided to not do that.
                Well there you go. This is what you get.
                Also, lool at SC for benching Marche all season. He was arguably their best player last year, but was benched for some kid (who's talented, but not a complete player yet). Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
                Marchesín had surgery after Copa America and is recovering so he wasn't really benched.. been injured.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                  Marchesín had surgery after Copa America and is recovering so he wasn't really benched.. been injured.
                  Considering he was available on the bench, I'd say he is fit to play. Although it would've been stupid to suddenly bring him for UCL after not having played in the league matches. Won't be surprised to see Marchesin start this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                    Considering he was available on the bench, I'd say he is fit to play. Although it would've been stupid to suddenly bring him for UCL after not having played in the league matches. Won't be surprised to see Marchesin start this weekend
                    Right, but why risk it as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                      I stand corrected regarding Marche. I thought it was a decision made by SC

Comment

And also I think basically everybody on this forum has been in agreement that costa was amazing these opening weeks of the season.

Shame his bad game came tonight, mentally he lost it.

I dont think there is a ton to fault SC for given the absences, but I would say he really got starting zaidu instead of wendell totally wrong, maybe that was also injury related, zaidu is just horrible.

Also starting toni in such a game was weird decision, Taremi works fine as a lone 9 and toni gives you very little except energy and occasional sharp finishing. Grujic, Sergio, Uribe midfield to start with otavio and diaz flanking taremi would have made life a lot harder for liverpool mids. Then again, sergio himself was pure crap tonight. He scored a beauty at the weekend but you see tonight why SC has been hesitant to start him. Looks like he lost a step compared to last season, slow on the ball, passes not as accurate or timely as before.

Id be surprised if he played two up top in key euro games moving forward.

Comment

MAtch summary in one image

Comment

Comment

I know Marchesin had surgery but he was on the bench in the last few games if i am not wrong.
                              Anyway allowing 5 goals will hurt them badly, unless they beat Milan home and away and Athletico in Portugal

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can think of at least one person who’s happy about both Salah and Mehdi scoring: CQ!

Comment

Working...
                                X