Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC coached very smart tonight. First he surprised everyone with his line up, second, took Zaidu off which was playing aggressive and could have got his 2nd yellow.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

That is the difference between Porto and Sporting,
      Porto is an experienced CL side which can give hard time to any team, Sporting is good league team and stops there. They got raped by Ajax at home today.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
        UEFA didn't want you to win bro. That's too sad. lol
        What can we do koka

I had another $10 on Porto win or draw so we still won

Comment

Sofascore gave the joint worst rating to Taremi (6,2) in his team. What the fuck.

This is a bit off topic but what is the best and most reliable site for checking out player ratings?
          I heard of Whoscored, Sofascore and FotMob but which one would you recommend?

Comment

Taremi had a good game. I wouldn't listen to sofascore.. His defending, hustling, positioning were all superior. Even his first touch was good (better than Azmoun's from yesterday)

He could've done better on a few key passes but besides that he was just fine. I would give him a 7/10

Comment

SC did a good job in my opinion.

I think his tactics and subs were all spot on. This is a very tough Atletico team, especially at home

Comment

Taremi had a very good game. Many times he came all the way upto their own box to defend, won quiet few aerial balls, and as always was unselfish.
                Diaz is one hell of player but too selfish and khoreh.

Comment

Ask yourselves why Taremi fell down? did he lose his control or was he brought down?

The hand was just something they used to dismiss it, but the truth stands.
                  Last edited by webmaster; 09-15-2021, 04:36 PM.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

for all of you mentioning ezza's goal in the wc, it was most def offside. stop trying to victimize ourselves and make excuses out of everything, we played well but did not get the goal for the point against spain despite coming so close

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                      for all of you mentioning ezza's goal in the wc, it was most def offside. stop trying to victimize ourselves and make excuses out of everything, we played well but did not get the goal for the point against spain despite coming so close
                      It still wasn’t clear.

Comment

Someone make a video compilation of these plays, we need to post it on social media to prevent further injustice against our team and players!
                        Iran vs Brazil disallowed goal

https://youtu.be/NrPuxC0127c

Iran vs Argentina uncalled penalty

https://youtu.be/EM8SuYBjjEY

Iran vs Spain disallowed goal

https://youtu.be/_3C6DK8n0mQ

Iran vs Portugal Ronaldo elbows Morteza red card

https://youtu.be/ncjpDsbVoZ8

Comment

Comment

SC interview OJogo (https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/porto.html):

Analysis of the match: "It's a conquered point, we wanted all three, we knew the difficulty of the game, the individual and collective quality of this Atlético team, It was very competitive, Atléitico started well, there was a situation in the first 10/15 minutes in our defensive third, we also had one. There was a lot of balance, there was more dominance by Atlético in the first half, the second half was more divided, but we always came up with more danger. They have a dangerous shot in the second half, but there was balance with clearer situations for us. From highlighting the players' work in the strategy for the game. People marveling at eleven, but that's already part of it. It's up to me to decide from what I see daily and the principles of team. And we always have to look at the opponent, of course."

"I continue as I said last week. The Portuguese referees have quality," Conceição said, speaking to Porto Canal. A little later, at a press conference, he continued: "I still haven't seen the move, I don't know if there's a penalty before the possible hand. I know that in the move where Mbemba is sent off, I don't think there's any reason for the red card. , the referee's team was the team that did the least well in the game," he concluded.

"I already had this conviction [that Portuguese referees don't owe quality to foreigners]. Our referees are competent, unfortunately we have had less competent referees in Champions. It happened against Chelsea, against City... It's not worth it. to be here regretting. To err is human, whoever is in front of the television calmly analyzes various angles. If they decided that way, it's because it was like that. But I'm not happy," he concluded.

Frustration: "Great organisation, a lot of humility and quality in the form of an organized attack. We managed to circulate the ball with quality. We played a good game, in a match between two great teams. I feel some frustration for not having won, it's true. (. ..) I'm not happy at all, I think we could have won this game. I feel that frustration as something positive. That's a compliment to the team. We left a little frustrated by what the game was."

Pepe's departure due to injury: "He came out hurt, there with some complaints in his calf. Otherwise, Pepe would never leave. Whistles are normal, they're part of the game. That's even good, it even motivates, it even gives that extra desire to want demonstrate that this is not how they [supporters] want it. This is the passion of football."

Zaidu's replacement and change on the flanks: "It was yellow, the referee was easily giving cards to FC Porto, we couldn't risk it. What I wanted was an important job, starting with the forwards, to condition the defensive midfielder's action Then we had to jump wide with intelligence and speed, on the sides. Despite what João Mário has been like, with a fantastic start to the season, I thought that Corona's experience, as well as Zaidu's freshness and speed, could be interesting. We took out Zaidu because he was yellow. Sunday will be another game, there will certainly be another strategy, within the principles of the team."

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              because his hand arguably changed the momentum or direction of the ball, the goal won't count.
                              It wouldn't have been counted even if it did not change the momentum or direction.
                              FIFA rules are pretty clear regarding this, I don't know why people are complaining.

Following this clarification, it is a handball offence if a player:

scores in the opponents’ goal:
                              -directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or
                              -immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.
                              Complaining whether it could have been a penalty? Understandable... not sure why any of the Porto players, including Taremi, did not ask for it.

Should it have been given as a goal after handling the ball? No... as clearly stated in the rules.

Comment

^the issue is that the rule makes no exception for player protection against concussions. Mehdi would have been lights out if he pulled his arms back after being tripped as his face/head would have been the first thing to hit the ground. Look at my post a few pages back with the still shot. He was totally horizontal in mid air just before the hand contact.

I fully agree that any accidental hand ball when a player is vertical should be disallowed. But this strict interpretation of the rule creates a situation of total and absolute ball protection over player safety in very rare situations as in Mehdi’s. Common sense should prevail here for a rule change.

Comment

Working...
                                X