This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    The handball rule in this situation is almost irrelevant. Mehdi would have taken a face plant and broken his nose had he not prepared to brace his fall (and inadvertently tap the ball). His hand didn't change the general direction of the ball (was on target and would still have gone in without a touch), and certainly didn't accelerate the ball. Is FIFA/UEFA now saying that you should keep your hands behind you at all times and brace your fall with your face everytime you're in the box?
    Mehdi has the right to protect himself.im that fall, that why he wasn't carded for an intentional Handball, but because his hand arguably changed the momentum or direction of the ball, the goal won't count.

It's really unfortunate that it hit his hand, because I have a feeling the ball was going in regardless, but I think more often than not, this goal would not count.

Comment

I watched the slow motion replay a couple of times and I just didn't or couldn't see a handball by Taremi....
      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Lol. I'm not Voldemort, you can say my name.
        Porto pulls a scrappy performance like this or win against Chelsea, then the following week barley get by or tie against some mid table Liga NOS team because their players too selfish, can't build up an attack and and spend half of the game yelling at the ref instead of playing football.
        SC is a decent coach with obvious mental issue. His team has the biggest pool of individual talent in Portugal, so it's not like he's pulling off a tie against Atletico with azadegan players.
        Too early in the season to draw any conclusions. Let's see how the season plays out.
        Well its not only your bro, but sure you are one of them.

And its not too early. Its been multiple seasons now his team shows strong performance in CL. He didnt start coachign them last night.

As for most loaded talent in portugal, I dont think so. Benfica have way more talent than porto do, you can even make a case for sporting (although they lack experience).

Porto's backline is Pepe (admittedly still World class), Mbemba (a newcastle reject SC fixed up into reincarnation of marcel desailly), Zaidu who is pure and utter crap (we think milad and hajsafi are bad lol), and no recognized RB besides manafa who is so weak they look better with a teenage winger/SS as RB or corona there instead of him.

If they just had 2-3 of the players they very recently let go in these defensive positions (felipe who started tonight for Atleti, Telles, and danilo RB at leiceister ) they could compete for semis every year. Unfortunately they lost these guys and made some really substandard replacements. For that SC is often handicapped and is making 200% of what is a weak defense, an ok midfield with no really 10 still, and just genius of taremi up top.

Zenit have a more talented roster than porto and can hardly put in 1 decent performance in europe.

Comment

That disallowed goal. Had it been by someone like that sissy penaldo or benzema or even griezman, they would have just given it without a second's thought.
          would it be deliberate double standards or just unconscious. I dont know. But Lesser known players (and clubs) have such a mountain to climb in europe that makes it freaking unfair.

btw, I didnt even see the hand touch the ball.

for major players they spend minutes and 100 angles and extra slow motion tries for the smallest things.
          This one was done in 10 seconds, with hardly two reviews.

Comment

Mehdi has the right to protect himself.im that fall, that why he wasn't carded for an intentional Handball, but because his hand arguably changed the momentum or direction of the ball, the goal won't count.
            It's really unfortunate that it hit his hand, because I have a feeling the ball was going in regardless, but I think more often than not, this goal would not count.
            was pk before touch hand

Comment

Lol. I'm not Voldemort, you can say my name.

Porto pulls a scrappy performance like this or win against Chelsea, then the following week barley get by or tie against some mid table Liga NOS team because their players too selfish, can't build up an attack and and spend half of the game yelling at the ref instead of playing football.

SC is a decent coach with obvious mental issue. His team has the biggest pool of individual talent in Portugal, so it's not like he's pulling off a tie against Atletico with azadegan players.

Too early in the season to draw any conclusions. Let's see how the season plays out.
              Exactly….he is yet to maximize the potential of his team. He didn’t last year and I don’t see any improvement on this year vs last year.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Even if it was a handball, then it should've been a PK since the foul happened before the handball. But the ref and VAR didn't even check it for a PK, the review was solely limited to the handball. It's either a goal, or a PK (and a red card). There is no other viable alternative. Even Benfica and Sporting fans are admitting Porto was robbed.

Nonetheless, it was a very scrappy game. Can't wait for the return leg. Not pretty, but very physical.

Other than a few wayward touches, Mehdi had a good game. Fought his butt off, and created a goal out of nothing again. He reminds me of a lion, waiting for an injured gazelle. Once he sniffs an opportunity like that, he pounces like the lion he is.

Also, Mehdi has a knack for the headlines in the CL, doesn't he? Juve goal, Juve red card, Chelsea goal, and now this very controversial disallowed goal vs Atelti. All in 4-5 CL matches total.

Comment

Comment

Atletico/porto : taremi's goal
                    Juventus/porto : taremi's red card
                    Portugal/Iran : cr7 non red carded
                    Spain/iran : ezza's goal
                    Argentina/iran : Dejagah's penalty

Did I forget something

Comment

I think Henrique said it best

Comment

I don't see him touching the ball. The speed, direction and spin of the ball remains the same and at no point, any video shows his hand actually touching the ball... He does pull back his hand during his fall that might be interpreted as a reflex after touching the ball, but I believe that he realizes that he is about to touch the ball and so abruptly, pulls his hand back to avoid contact.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          Even if it was a handball, then it should've been a PK since the foul happened before the handball. But the ref and VAR didn't even check it for a PK, the review was solely limited to the handball. It's either a goal, or a PK (and a red card). There is no other viable alternative. Even Benfica and Sporting fans are admitting Porto was robbed.

Nonetheless, it was a very scrappy game. Can't wait for the return leg. Not pretty, but very physical.

Other than a few wayward touches, Mehdi had a good game. Fought his butt off, and created a goal out of nothing again. He reminds me of a lion, waiting for an injured gazelle. Once he sniffs an opportunity like that, he pounces like the lion he is.

Also, Mehdi has a knack for the headlines in the CL, doesn't he? Juve goal, Juve red card, Chelsea goal, and now this very controversial disallowed goal vs Atelti. All in 4-5 CL matches total.
                          You are spot on, there’s a unique and unusual rhythm to Taremi’s play and goals he scores by using every single muscle in his body. Taremi seems to almost be everywhere and in scoring goals, he seems to appear from nowhere!!
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I am sure Portuguese media will not take this call "LIGHTLY" to say the least. This stupid mafia is only making Taremi more famous as this is watched by the world and everyone saw it too.
                            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

SC: "It is a point won but we wanted to win all 3. We knew about Atlético's individual quality and it was a very competitive match, as I anticipated. We created more danger and the best opportunities were ours."

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Well its not only your bro, but sure you are one of them.

And its not too early. Its been multiple seasons now his team shows strong performance in CL. He didnt start coachign them last night.

As for most loaded talent in portugal, I dont think so. Benfica have way more talent than porto do, you can even make a case for sporting (although they lack experience).

Porto's backline is Pepe (admittedly still World class), Mbemba (a newcastle reject SC fixed up into reincarnation of marcel desailly), Zaidu who is pure and utter crap (we think milad and hajsafi are bad lol), and no recognized RB besides manafa who is so weak they look better with a teenage winger/SS as RB or corona there instead of him.

If they just had 2-3 of the players they very recently let go in these defensive positions (felipe who started tonight for Atleti, Telles, and danilo RB at leiceister ) they could compete for semis every year. Unfortunately they lost these guys and made some really substandard replacements. For that SC is often handicapped and is making 200% of what is a weak defense, an ok midfield with no really 10 still, and just genius of taremi up top.

Zenit have a more talented roster than porto and can hardly put in 1 decent performance in europe.
                                Some valid points, but the 2018/2019 run wasn't that impressive considering their group and who they played in the round of 16 (Roma). Last season's run was great though. Unfortunately though they didn't have enough discipline to replicate the same quantity in the domestic league and gave away points against some weak teams.

As for their squad, the backline might not be filled with super stars, but Mbemba is solid. Their wingback situation is pretty shit since Tellers left, so I give you that.

However the rest of squad is filled with talented internationals.

I know transfermarket isn't the final authority of squad strength, but Porto's squad is worth about £100mil more than Zenit's.

If he can manage to make it out of this tough group or win the league this season, then I'll eat my words and jump on the SC train.

Comment

Working...
                                X