Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive: Taremi fascinates Iranians: "It should have been a candidate for the Puskás of assists, it was phenomenal"

Ali Hajisalem, journalist and compatriot of the striker, helped THE GAME to take the pulse of the impact that the Porto exhibition in Rome had on Iran. The schedule of the clash with Lazio glued thousands to the television.

Taremi's hero status in Iran is not a recent phenomenon, but the FC Porto forward continues to find ways to surprise the country where he was born.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Conceicao:“Taremi is not just a striker. It's more than a striker. I always saw Taremi as more than a finisher. His qualities don't just have to do with the moment of finishing."
      He's correct, which is why It's frustrating to see him being forced to play the exact name role as Sardar in Team Melli.

In Porto Mehdi has demonstrated that he can be very effective as a supporting striker or attacking midfield. He should be given the same role in team Melli.

Comment

and I remember when people were so dumbfounded SC moved him to a deeper starting position... Its literally allowing him to show 10 more layers to his game. The assists vs Lazio and Moirerense were just a confirmation of that, but if you watch Porto games recently he is the link between the midfield and attack, hes the guy who picks up pockets of space and connects their passing together.

He is the most complete player Iran have produced in the past 20 years, and likely one of the most well rounded forwards in europe right now. Yes, he is not a world class finisher and others are for sure superior to him in this category (incl our own sardar) but the sheer number of ways he can affect games is staggering. Can pull goals out of thin air like the bike vs chelsea, create penalties out of seemingly harmless situations like vs Lazio, is lethal in the air like Vs liverpool,sporting, and ofc now the playmaking skills. And off the ball I dont remember any forward putting in as many yards and creating as many turnovers.

Jahanbakhsh---Ghoddos---Taremi
        -----------------Azmoun------------

all interchanging and combining is a delicious prospect if supported properly on big stage. Just need to build Saman's confidence up a bit after Brentford struggles, but I am sure Leverkusen will shortly present azmoun in the best shape of his life.

Comment

We all should enjoy it while it last. Unfortunately our front line will struggle badly while Sardar and Taremi will be on decline, as the gap between these two and the rest or even younger players in IPL is huge.
          I mean just look at IPL. Top scorers are bunch of old expired foreign players or some old local players.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mehdi Taremi @ FC Porto | 2021-2022

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            We all should enjoy it while it last. Unfortunately our front line will struggle badly while Sardar and Taremi will be on decline, as the gap between these two and the rest or even younger players in IPL is huge.
            I mean just look at IPL. Top scorers are bunch of old expired foreign players or some old local players.

That is a tad pessimistic, Sardar is probably good for another WC and someone like Allahyar is young enough to emerge as a supporting cast. 5 years are long enough to find the next gen and Iran has always had a good track record of producing decent or good attacking players. My worry is more on the defensive side of things
            Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Your so gloomy bro, lol.

We have some good young upcomers like Allahyar, Mohammad Mohebi etc. and others will come through that we didn't expect. It happens.
              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                Your so gloomy bro, lol.

We have some good young upcomers like Allahyar, Mohammad Mohebi etc. and others will come through that we didn't expect. It happens.
                Non of the names you mentioned are target striker or pure finisher. I know we have them.....

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                  That is a tad pessimistic, Sardar is probably good for another WC and someone like Allahyar is young enough to emerge as a supporting cast. 5 years are long enough to find the next gen and Iran has always had a good track record of producing decent or good attacking players. My worry is more on the defensive side of things
                  It is not pessimist at all
                  Took us 10 years to replace Daei. In fact 15, if you consider his decline started way before 2006
                  And as i said 100 times i don't see Allahyar become pure finisher and scores as many as sardar or taremi for simple fact that he is not a target.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
                    Our striker is world class now. Our D never was close. Can it get better? Maybe
                    Can it get worst? Doubt...
                    While every country produce top 4-5 scorer of their NT once in a couple decades, and now we have TWO.
                    That is the point.

Comment

This is why I want to see new players invited in this position instead of inviting a failed IPL and Segunda striker for 15 years…

Comment

Non of the names you mentioned are target striker or pure finisher. I know we have them.....

Sardar and Taremi are also not target strikers either. Not at their clubs. Their primary position is centre forward.

Heck, taremi has dropped even deeper during the games sometimes lately.

Also, they're good at finishing, and they also miss a lot of great chances. Their finishing is good.... Not world class though.

Calling them "pure finishers" and "strikers" is a bit of a stretch for those reasons.

Also, the gap between our previous strikers/forwards vs these two was also huge at one point and now look where we are. We have two of the best forwards in Asia, doing so well in Europe.

I say it's too early to jump to conclusions as sardar and Mehdi still have at least 3-5 years of good football left in them, and a lot can change during this time.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                          Sardar and Taremi are also not target strikers either. Not at their clubs. Their primary position is centre forward.

Heck, taremi has dropped even deeper during the games sometimes lately.

Also, they're good at finishing, and they also miss a lot of great chances. Their finishing is good.... Not world class though.

Calling them "pure finishers" and "strikers" is a bit of a stretch for those reasons.

Also, the gap between our previous strikers/forwards vs these two was also huge at one point and now look where we are. We have two of the best forwards in Asia, doing so well in Europe.

I say it's too early to jump to conclusions as sardar and Mehdi still have at least 3-5 years of good football left in them, and a lot can change during this time.
                          Their stats don't lie and make them quality as pure, great finisher, far better than anyone else.
                          Also 5 yrs in case of Taremi is an exaggeration. I would be happy with 3.
                          Or both play their best until 31-32.

Comment

As usual Zedde hal comment and Negativ post by you. Give us a break stop being such a pessimistic fan and let us enjoy.

Comment

I dont know if this is BS rumours or not but according to this article, both AC Milan and Atalanta are interested in Taremi.

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...-ایرانی

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                                I dont know if this is BS rumours or not but according to this article, both AC Milan and Atalanta are interested in Taremi.

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...-ایرانی
                                Coming from Khabaronline, most likely BS

Comment

Working...
                                X