Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know many of you are angry for SC keeping Taremi out of the game.
    But perhaps he's trying to spring a Taremi-Sized Surprise in Rome in the return leg.
    Perhaps thats where he needs to get at least one goal to take care of the tie.

some coaches do this to keep some key players fresh and unknown for return legs

Comment

I think SC surprised Lazio by benching taremi. Also too many games for porto in short period so I don't see an issue .

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
        While we are making up scenarios for why he did not play, maybe the coach was punishing (or just reminding Mehdi) why they were playing on a Thursday instead of a Tuesday or a Wednesday given the chances that he misfired on in that last game in the CL.
        Then the coach should bench himself as he once again left Taremi on the bench in the crucial CL game for no rhyme & reason...

Comment

Big clubs who are on track for domestic double don’t care about Europa League. That is why Toni started when he hasn’t started a league game since August and he hasn’t even started in the main cup, just the tokhmi one.

Comment

Hes resting and rotating a lot (Vitinha and Evanilson today, Pepe will be going on an extended holiday/lifetime ban shortly so no surprise he started tonight)

Taremi by virtue of his minutes plus yards he puts in this year is probably a "red zone" player.

So far since he started resting him his performance in the games he does start is very strong...so it seems if objective is to keep him fresh its working. When they played him every minute of every game in the fall that coincided with him looking jaded and having that goal drought.

With Luis out the door they are basically a Taremi knock/dip in form away from crashing out of everything, offensively he is the only guy they can count on consistently.

They play Moirerense sunday, lazio away in rome wednesday, gil viente the following sunday, and then Sporting again in the cup on the subsequent wednesday followed by another weekend league match before they get out of the every 3 days fixture list, at least until next EL round.

Comment

lol, why does this panic cycle seem to happen every week/match with Mehdi? The Portuguese/Italian press have more faith in Mehdi's talents/importance/longevity than some on this board do. We should be happy that Toni got some minutes/goals so that Mehdi could rest and remain injury free for the litany of matches coming up, including TM matches.

Comment

Well I look at the positive side of it. Mehdi now knows that he has some serious competition so he will start working harder and become much more fitter. Again great job by SC to play Toni , i think its great tactic to keep your main players fit and make them work harder for their spot.

Hopefully we'll end up getting much more fitter and developed mehdi for world cup matches.

Also I wanna thank Bayern for working hard to bring sardar to his best fitness and performance and hopefully for world cup we end up having Two deadly strikers.

Comment

You guys out here talking about rest and Europa league not mattering is just pure non sense.

1. Europa league is not a Mickey Mouse competition where clubs competing in do not care about. It is a continental trophy with lots of historic clubs competing and winning the trophy, it’s obviously not the CL but it’s not taken lightly in a massive level like some of you are suggesting.
                  2. You guys talking about “rest” is equally as silly. Mehdi has been red hot for club and country….it’s common coaching sense to not bench your players who are on hot streaks like that. Especially those among your most important, if not the most important player to the XI. That’s exactly how you kill momentum which SC seems to have a doctorate in.
                  3. Another thing that makes the rest thing silly….Mehdi has gone through stretches much longer where he has played 90 min after 90 min. Timing of the “rest” is strange

Ideally I’d like to see Taremi leaving in the summer. But also I don’t mind if he stays at Porto as they are a great historic club and give him that big atmosphere you want your top dog in TM to be in so when he comes to TM the pressure and high expectations don’t phase him and keep him sharp/on his toes. But as long as SC is there I don’t want to see Mehdi there anymore being gaslit by this a-hole
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    But perhaps he's trying to spring a Taremi-Sized Surprise in Rome in the return leg.

Shoma goftin ma ham shenidim.

Hafteye ayande dar Italia Toni Martínez dobare dar tarkibe asli jay migire.

Dota gole mohem zad va SC alan behesh in baakht raa mide.

Moreirense az 4ta baazie akaresh 3ta raa baakhte va tahe jadval ast.

Taremi bayad esterahat kone ta baraye in baazi amaadeh baashe?

Man shakhsan badam nemiyaad agar Taremi betone bere Bundesliga ya Serie A, amma

agar dar baazihaaye POR-ARZESH manande baazie dirooz baazish nadand, Moreirense baraye ammamoon khoobe,
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

I hate to break this to you but there is something called the internet and video replay. Coaches study their opponents and even show videos to players. Keeping Taremi as a suprise would work pre 1920s maybe?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        You guys out here talking about rest and Europa league not mattering is just pure non sense.
                        1. Europa league is not a Mickey Mouse competition where clubs competing in do not care about. It is a continental trophy with lots of historic clubs competing and winning the trophy, it’s obviously not the CL but it’s not taken lightly in a massive level like some of you are suggesting.
                        2. You guys talking about “rest” is equally as silly. Mehdi has been red hot for club and country….it’s common coaching sense to not bench your players who are on hot streaks like that. Especially those among your most important, if not the most important player to the XI. That’s exactly how you kill momentum which SC seems to have a doctorate in.
                        3. Another thing that makes the rest thing silly….Mehdi has gone through stretches much longer where he has played 90 min after 90 min. Timing of the “rest” is strange
                        Ideally I’d like to see Taremi leaving in the summer. But also I don’t mind if he stays at Porto as they are a great historic club and give him that big atmosphere you want your top dog in TM to be in so when he comes to TM the pressure and high expectations don’t phase him and keep him sharp/on his toes. But as long as SC is there I don’t want to see Mehdi there anymore being gaslit by this a-hole
                        Oh so Europa League being a Mickey Mouse cup, which it is, is silly. But your theory that SC is trying to ruin Mehdi intentionally is not. Of course.

And rest. What human needs rest? That’s the silliest part.

Comment

“We have to pay attention to the player’s fitnesses. Taremi, Evanilson and Vitinha have been on the field for all the games - we need to give them a rest. I choose the top 11 for the Portuguese Premier league.” - SC
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Poor guy, inarsenewetrust, tries to remind this forum every time this kind of stuff starts that Mehdi is top 3 in minutes played in League and CL. But you guys just don’t want to listen…

17/21 games started in league
                            6/6 in CL
                            3/4 in cup

Mehdi… pack your bags….

Comment

The guy needs to be dropped for Khalatbari for TM now too that the latter is regaining his match fitness and form.

Comment

3 games in 7 days is tough and it could be that Porto and SC have physiological analytics that gives them an injury risk rating on players. I don't mind him being cautious with Mehdi since we need a healthy Taremi for TM and WC.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Working...
                                X