This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Porto need to sell/trade Corona. He’s a dominant negative.
    Porto should sign Alfredo Morelos from Glasgow Rangers, would fit in well with the culture.

Also, Colombians 🤝 FC Porto

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
      I like how the SC slapped his son's face until it was red. LOL.

What a great league tho. Much more exciting the Turkish League.
      LOL would love to see a clip of this if anyone has

I like Francisco’s game a lot. He is going to develop into a good player….lots of potential IMO.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMmN9ekLdQ
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Here’s the slap fest

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            I think the issue is this whilst he is at Porto - teams tend to sit back deep against them. Hence why he comes further back to get the ball sometimes to and also why we see less of his goals coming from a ball over the top or quick through ball like we did at Rio Ave. He has had to adapt his game and also he works very hard defensively for this team - he is the glue that keeps it all together.
            Also not surprised that teams have figured out his game more too - you are right there is a need to be more confident and take it on himself - hopefully that will come back again with his confidence from getting back in the goals.
            i agree with you wholeheartedly there but what i was really alluding to in my earlier post was Mehdi's frequent rather Withdrawn positioning for service in the box during team's attacking forrays .... almost always he stops his run before getting into the 6yard box looking for a Pull back pass...!! rather than mixing it up Once in a while by making a Deeper run into 6 yard box for an easy tap in from a closer range..!!
            as an example during the Juniors winning goal today.... sc jr makes a darting run and latches to the LD's cross into the box for the score while Mehdi time and again pulls himself back looking for more of a pull back service or waiting instead to latch on to possible deflected shots inside the 6 yard box, as in his goal today..!!
            im not saying there is anything wrong with his more withdrawn goal scoring approach inside the box, im just saying it will do him some good to mix it up a little .... cause it wouldnt take a genius for the opponents to scout his rather more hesitant attacking run tendencies and make defensive adjustments to it..!!

just pay attention to ☝️ the next time he is playing ...you'll see for yourself .... the opposite of him is Sardar who does a much better job of Mixing up his goal poaching technique..!

Comment

The Columbian-Iranian cartel

Comment

O Jogo player rating:

Taremi 7
                "He didn't forgive the third and reduced the disadvantage, before Thiago Silva didn't let him score, at 53". Outside the area, he was smart in the moves and decisions."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado

Comment

In addition to his valiant defending throughout the match, I though it was very selfless of Mehdi to urge Porto players to come back to midfield and keep focused after his goal (Porto's first goal). Most players would take a minute to celebrate, but he knew there was a lot more work left to be done to win the match. He's truly a team player.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    O Jogo player rating:

Taremi 7
                    "He didn't forgive the third and reduced the disadvantage, before Thiago Silva didn't let him score, at 53". Outside the area, he was smart in the moves and decisions."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado
                    These computerized translation sites do their worst job with Portuguese. I never understand what they are saying. Sounds like Alien speech.

To these friends who keep telling Taremi to mix it up and make a run to the near post. Is it possible that he is doing what the coach has instructed him to do which is to be in a position to pounce on a loose ball or make a smart pass? Afterall, they already have others making the runs or going to the near post. Once you run to the near post to be get the first opportunity at a play, you basically are done with the play. So many of his goals and assists come about because he can take advantage of broken plays.

Comment

Here's the foul on Mehdi during the set piece that resulted in the the disallowed goal for Estoril (would have made it 3-1 if allowed). I initially thought it was Evanilson going down that led to the foul, but this was also clearly a foul (Mehdi just didn't go down from it). Either way, clearly the correct call.

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                        dont think he will make it in Premier league, Spain fits him more
                        I think he fits perfectly in teams like man city , united and liverpool.

This is Mo Salah's first day at liverpool club. Look at his form and physique . I think luis diaz is in better shape than him in this video.

Comment

next up is a Cup match at Vizela (Jan 12, 12:45 PST), followed by Liga match at Belenenses (Jan 16, 12:30 PST). Both teams are bottom half teams (in fact Belenenses is bottom of the league), so it's possible that SC may rest/rotate the starters, though Mehdi has been a consistent starter even in these very busy schedules in the past. Looking forward to seeing more from our boy in 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            I think he fits perfectly in teams like man city , united and liverpool.
                            This is Mo Salah's first day at liverpool club. Look at his form and physique . I think luis diaz is in better shape than him in this video.
                            What do folks think, is there a realistic chance that Porto makes Taremi available for sale this summer? He will have two years left on a four year deal and he turns 30 in July after arguably being the top striker in Portugal over the past three years. It would appear that his value will only go down from here and while he is currently pegged at $16.50M by transfermarkt (a slight decade from a few months ago), there is still bound to be a decent return for Porto from the 5M Euro they spent to acquire him. Porto was something like 35M Euro in the red last year. It makes sense to sell this asset (Taremi) before he depreciates this summer, even if it means losing a few goals and long as the team is not markedly impacted. Then again, if Porto usually did what made financial sense, they probably wouldn't be in this position...

Nonetheless, I don't think its urgent that Mehdi moves on, but if he does it really can only be for solid La Liga or EPL squad in my mind. Otherwise, Porto is among the top teams in the world so why move?

Comment

Goal and an assist. Hopefully he controls his attitude now and returns to TM positive and ready to perform
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Taremi's contribution is definitely too high for Porto to be able to let him go without handicapping themselves. Without Taremi their chances of winning the tittle drop dramatically as do making a deep run in europe. Additionally Diaz has garnered a ton of interest in Europe for his incredible form for Colombia and Porto and will most likely get bought up by a top team, so losing Taremi and Diaz would be too big of a blow for Porto

Comment

Working...
                                X