Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a bad outing for Mehdi with a goal and assist .... 2nd best only to LD with goal and two assists

more importantly getting full points and somewhat commanding lead top of table from a game that looked to be a lost cause for them at half time..!!

Porto are so fun to watch, cause they seem to be playing always on the front foot and full on attack..!!

Comment

^ id like to see allahyar in porto woow him and taremi on top would be much better than evaguy..
      also azmoun,. id rather se him in porto than newcastle so to say.. if he doesnt land juventus, inter, i want him to join porto that would be siiiick in champions league.
      only problem with porto, is when pepe defender retires..
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        this luis diaz guy is just pure class wow. United should buy him
        dont think he will make it in Premier league, Spain fits him more

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          not a bad outing for Mehdi with a goal and assist .... 2nd best only to LD with goal and two assists

more importantly getting full points and somewhat commanding lead top of table from a game that looked to be a lost cause for them at half time..!!

Porto are so fun to watch, cause they seem to be playing always on the front foot and full on attack..!!
          luis diaz had 1 goal and 1 assist like mehdi

the header that mehdi scored was by evanlison

Comment

9 goals and 6 assists in the league so far this season - that’s quite some productivity saying he has been playing deeper than last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sholehzard View Post
              luis diaz had 1 goal and 1 assist like mehdi

the header that mehdi scored was by evanlison
              true but that whole attacking scene occured on backs of LD's brilliant run into box and cross from the byline back to top of the box..!!

no doubt Mehdi played a brilliant game, but LD was a level above everyone else on the pitch today..!

Comment

Porto need to sell/trade Corona. He’s a dominant negative.

Comment

Diaz won’t make it in England if he’s expected to contribute defensively. Fans will turn on him quickly. He’s made for Spain or Italy.

Comment

I’m all for players trying to make it in any league - for example if he goes to Liverpool (who Portuguese press have linked him with - local Liverpool journalists have played it down) then he will be given the time from Klopp and his staff to become the player he wants.
                    He obviously has all of the tools to play at the top level.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        9 goals and 6 assists in the league so far this season - that’s quite some productivity saying he has been playing deeper than last season.
                        i know positionally he's been yanked back a bit by SC this season but something that's been bothering me for a while with mehdi's attacking approach is his complete Hesitancy to sometimes at least make more Darting runs towards the goal to get on the end of services in the box and ALMOST ALWAYS instead Waiting back top of the box for the ball to spill/bounce his way for finish..!!
                        that worked for him today when he latched on the deflection off the post to score and it does so often enough for him to get goals but imo, by now, Also that way too frequent tendency has made him a more Predictable Target Forward in the league too..!!
                        imo, he needs to mix it up a little, in order to keep the league's defenders more worried and unsure about his positioning and attacking forrays..!! for once i'd like to see him make a searing run into box and show more hunger to be the first guy to latch on to high ball services into box, rather than always waiting for a fortuitous deflection or bounce to falls at his feet for finish..!!

i think Webbi alluded to this point in the earlier Porto game too ..!?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          They should get back Dalot from United- only 22 and can’t get into the United starting 11.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            i think he only got minutes on the pitch today, hoping he'd do something of note to attract a buyer for him..!
                            although i believe he shoulda been subbed off way sooner than that and perhaps tried out against a more kiri opponent to achieve that objective..!! it was like Porto was playing with 10 men for some 70 minutes with him draggin asss, doing a whole lotta nothing but getting beat like a drum down his wing constantly on counters too..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              i know positionally he's been yanked back a bit by SC this season but something that's been bothering me for a while with mehdi's attacking approach is his complete Hesitancy to sometimes at least make more Darting runs towards the goal to get on the end of services in the box and ALMOST ALWAYS instead Waiting back top of the box for the ball to spill/bounce his way for finish..!!
                              that worked for him today when he latched on the deflection off the post to score and it does so often enough for him to get goals but imo, by now, Also that way too frequent tendency has made him a more Predictable Target Forward in the league too..!!
                              imo, he needs to mix it up a little, in order to keep the league's defenders more worried and unsure about his positioning and attacking forrays..!! for once i'd like to see him make a searing run into box and show more hunger to be the first guy to latch on to high ball services into box, rather than always waiting for a fortuitous deflection or bounce to falls at his feet for finish..!!

i think Webbi alluded to this point in the earlier Porto game too ..!?
                              I think the issue is this whilst he is at Porto - teams tend to sit back deep against them. Hence why he comes further back to get the ball sometimes to and also why we see less of his goals coming from a ball over the top or quick through ball like we did at Rio Ave. He has had to adapt his game and also he works very hard defensively for this team - he is the glue that keeps it all together.
                              Also not surprised that teams have figured out his game more too - you are right there is a need to be more confident and take it on himself - hopefully that will come back again with his confidence from getting back in the goals.

Comment

I like how the SC slapped his son's face until it was red. LOL.

What a great league tho. Much more exciting the Turkish League.
                                Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Working...
                                X