Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He definitely didn’t look 100%. Although he didn’t seem to be carrying an injury, his movements were slow and rans not strong like his trademark. Towards the very end on the bench he had his head in his hands. Perhaps a cold or something? I’m sure he will share the real reason with us later.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Diaz was named man of the match.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Taremi puts in an insane amount of miles so along the course of long season playing every 3 days there will be a few games he doesnt look as sharp while still covering similar distances.

Some people were so angry with sardar "not pressuring" like taremi, despite him being in a totally different system adopted by semak last night (which ultimately led to his teams total failure), but I think in second half Meti and Porto gassed a bit. Could not sustain intensity of first half and suddenly build up fixtures really caught up to them. a fully fit uribe would have helped in that regard instead of Oliviera. For Taremi on personal level it meant he had less energy, sharpness in potentially good offensive openings that he is usually always at the center of. Sardar style (even out of zenit bizarre tactical setup we can agree he presses less than Taremi for sure) also allows him to spring into action at precisely right moments, leaving enough energy in the tank to catch defenders off guard even in minute 90 like we saw last night.

Still this doesnt change much for porto. That final home game vs Atleti was always going to be the decider, if they win they deserve and will go through regardless of anything else that happens.

On a positive note, Grujic in first half looked the best I have ever seen him. Hopefully he continues this good form for upcoming weeks bc he will change dimension of their midfield, he has the potential to be a total monster. This version of grujic + a fully fit uribe and otavio suddenly make portos once problem zone super strong.

Comment

Zlatan, lol

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVvTP...dium=copy_link

Comment

So i'm guessing porto will be parking the bus in next 25 matches and taremi will be playing as CM at best!

Comment

The game: "We played a game equal to what the FC Porto parchments are. We had the lesson well studied, realizing that the opponent could change one or another player and enter a different team from the one we faced at Dragão. Overall we were really well. We got into the game well, realizing who we had to block from behind, not letting the midfielders get in the game, Bennacer and Tonali. Brahim creates complications in the back of the midline. He has quality in the wings, we were prepared for that. We scored the goal, three or four more times. It's true that Milan shot with danger and Diogo made a great save."

Moral victory: "With this physical availability, it's normal to go down a little at one time or another, then the ball hit Evanilson's crossbar. The 2-0 was already deserved in the first half. We managed to win. An excellent game on our part, another in the Champions League. I'm not happy, I hate these moral victories, we played well and then took a point. We played a team of great quality, with seven European titles and four world titles. at the level of the best in the world. We have to give merit to our players. Congratulations to all those who were in training with us, not just those who played. Speaking of groups, from the moment we got on the plane, it's to think about Santa Clara, and then rest a little and think about the internal tests. In time, we'll talk about the Champions."
              -SC

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14285294.html

Comment

Costa made a huge world class save, that not many keepers could have stopped it.

Comment

Porto was very good in the first half and really should have been able to score another.

Their focus while finishing wasnt good and I would say they were a little unlucky, grujic had at least 4 headers that half and evanilson hit the post.

Second half they gassed out and sergio olivera is a shadow of his former self, and otavio has never been the stuck in midfielder like uribe, so missing uribe really hurt them, but grujic was great.

Taremi was playing out of position and I think it didn't work out for him. He was not being involved or played in enough today.
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

They decided to compensate Uribe's loss in committee. So Mehdi played deeper to help the midfielder.
                    It didn't really work because it was last min decision as Uribe was even in early announced starting line up.

Comment

Porto had a very strong first half and had plenty of chances to put the game away. Evanilson missing that point blank header wouldve been 3 unquestionable points in the bag. They were sloppy in their counters too.

As for Mehdi honestly not much to comment on, yes he plays well from deep but for some reason putting him in an out and out CAM role didnt seem to mesh well.

Comment

When he has played a deeper role in the Portuguese league , ie behind Martinez - he has had more time and space to dictate the game , hence the assists he has made with some lovely through balls. He is not going to be afforded that much space in the Champs League and he is a better striker than Evanilson so has to play further forward hopefully in the next two games.

Comment

Gazzetta dello Sport nombreye 6 raa be Taremi daad va

nevesht ke Mehdi dar vaghe dar in baazi dar noke hamle nabood

chera ke Diaz va Evanilson bishtar khodeshoon raa be 18-ghadam miresondand.

La Gazzetta hamchenin minevisad ke Mehdi kheili baraye ham-teamihayaash

kooshid va dar kenaarehaa ba-arzesh bood.

Dar zemn, in rooznaameh be Azmoun ham shomareye 6 raa daad va goft ke behtarin bazikone

team bood.
                          Attached Files
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            They decided to compensate Uribe's loss in committee. So Mehdi played deeper to help the midfielder.
                            It didn't really work because it was last min decision as Uribe was even in early announced starting line up.
                            i think you'r right, he was way too withdrawn yesterday to be considered even a False 9 of sorts...!!

ps
                            this is the 2nd time that Porto announce a very Late change to their starting players..!! last time it was Pepe prior to LP kickoff !! (that really was the big missing piece influencing that horrid result more so than anything else..!!? that guy is Still one of the most formidable CBs in European football..! )
                            however I think, @ least in yesterday's case, it was a pre-planned late announcement by SC to keep Milan guessing about his line-ups and the rather surprise withdrawn role of Mehdi which worked to near perfection in the first half, forcing the CBs away from their box thus providing much space for wingers to exploit..!!

Comment

Porto was unlucky in this CL so far. With a bit of luck, at this point there should have been 5 points gap between them and Atletico and not one.
                              Mehdi's denied goal vs Atletico and number of chances in first half yestarday.

Comment

New sponsor (Binance) on the kits

Comment

Working...
                                X