Ali Alipour @ CS Maritimo | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    He doesn't have the physical or emotional strength to make it in Europe, and particularly in the world cup (I still think Queiroz did the right thing in not inviting Khalatbari for 2018 for the way we HAD to play to make a respectable account of ourselves). We need strong physical warriors for this kind of tournament because we just don't have the players in centre/defensive midfield or defence to compete against other sides. We need to be realistic not in a dream world.
    Doctor DOOM said in this thread:
    and I'm thinking when reading this What the actual FAAK. I mean that post is literally comparing a team which has one of the world's best defenders who has a host of good defenders around him, with Edu Mendy behind them (forget their midfielders and forwarsd for a second), with Iran's depth...? (Kind of helps me contextualise his opinion about the former coach though)....
    This is why being realistic is important, and part of that is that Ghaedi will get literally flattened in a world cup.
    Alipour on the other hand, let's wait and see - I've never been a fan of him but he is doing very well and looks hungry and he is fighting every week - he has chosen the grind and is really doing his best. Everything should be meritocratic. If he continues like this then who knows..., I think it will take a camp and Skocic may need to make some tough decisions.
    He's the same size as Giovinco, Veratti, Insigne and Pedro Rodriguez, clearly you don't follow football all that much. His size plays no factor into his success prospects

Comment

He is playing in much better league than Zahedi and if he finish the season double digits he has better chance to get invited than him.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
        He's the same size as Giovinco, Veratti, Insigne and Pedro Rodriguez, clearly you don't follow football all that much. His size plays no factor into his success prospects
        It's not about size! Otherwise, people like Insigne or Podence wouldn't be where they are. It's about the mentality.

Comment

Haha... easy there champ

It's not his size itself. Milad is an absolute tank of a defender despite being physically smaller than a lot of other full backs. (shame about his attacking traits though...)

Comment

Alipoor is 181, what is the beef with his size?!?!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Haha... easy there champ

It's not his size itself. Milad is an absolute tank of a defender despite being physically smaller than a lot of other full backs. (shame about his attacking traits though...)
              You said he doesn't have the PHYSICAL or emotional strength to make it in Europe. I can't comment on his mentality to know what he's like, but you're the one who said his size matters

Comment

You said he doesn't have the PHYSICAL or emotional strength to make it in Europe. I can't comment on his mentality to know what he's like, but you're the one who said his size matters
                I didn't say his size matters though...?
                Unless you think that Cannavaro's size = his strength....

Or that Milad Mohammadi's size = his strength

clearly you don't follow football all that much

Anyway the thread has been derailed from Alipour, who has just scored an excellent brace and let's hope he continues

Comment

Alipour now has 6 goals, 1 assist from 1317 minutes. He now averages a goal/assist every 188 minutes or 2.09 matches. Times like this it would've been nice to have some friendlies lined up to give Alipour a go instead of bringing Rezaei in who has zero to offer now

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    It's not about size! Otherwise, people like Insigne or Podence wouldn't be where they are. It's about the mentality.
                    Podence is very well built tho, super stocky. Even the small players people mention are powerful. Ghayedi has crappy combo of being a midget and lacking any proper conditioning

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      Podence is very well built tho, super stocky. Even the small players people mention are powerful. Ghayedi has crappy combo of being a midget and lacking any proper conditioning
                      5'6 isn't midget. Also Salah, Neymar, and De Gea all had strength issues before their coaches had them hit the gym and stock up. I'm a Chelsea fan and I remember Salah had the talent to succeed but the strength he has today doesn't even compare to before. Ghaedi would get the same treatment by coaches if he were to go to Europe

Comment

5'6 isn't midget. Also Salah, Neymar, and De Gea all had strength issues before their coaches had them hit the gym and stock up. I'm a Chelsea fan and I remember Salah had the talent to succeed but the strength he has today doesn't even compare to before. Ghaedi would get the same treatment by coaches if he were to go to Europe
                        Wait a second, is this Gotham? AKA, The Wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Wait a second, is this Gotham? AKA, The Wheels?
                          No, I've never had an account here. I just looked him up though lmao. Just a coincidence I guess

EDIT: Am I gonna have to explain myself? He was a footy ref in Van AND supported Chelsea lmaoo 🤣🤣😅😅

Comment

If you care to check the uae thread you can see his issue isnt limited physicality. His decision making can be horrendous and off the ball work rate is non existent. Sure those could change in euro environment but time is ticking, and when combined with his physique make it easy to understand why for now he is a big liability on world stage compared to like of allahyar or mohebbi (who can affect the game much more at wingers on def and off end than ghayedi currently can)

Comment

🇵🇹 Arouca 🆚 Maritime

Ali Alipour 🇮🇷 scored twice and there will be an Iranian strike duo in the starting eleven ⭐️

Now our social networks come down!

🔸 Islanders return to triumphs with great effectiveness 🎯
                              🔸 Henrique 🇧🇷 expelled in islanders
                              🔸 5th loss in a row at home to Arouquenses

📊 Ratings, stats and xG at GoalPoint.pt

#LigaBwin #LigaPortugalBwin #FCACSM #RatersGonnaRate

🇵🇹 Porto 🆚 Sporting

On his return to the starting lineup, Mehdi Taremi 🇮🇷 was in the 2 goals of Porto and ended up being decisive by scoring the draw ⭐️

#LigaBwin #LigaPortugalBwin #FCPSCP #RatersGonnaRate
                              Alipour x Taremi make GoalPoint's XI

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                                Great work by Ali.

If he can get to 10-12 goals this season, that would be really great. Considering he struggled last year.
                                If he gets into double figures (which he is close) and doesn't renew contract with Maritimo then he can draw top-5 league offers in the summer as a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X