No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just impressed with Saman's resilience and professionalism. Our man is downright steadfast and comes on the 69th minute after getting no minutes in two straight games to be the difference maker. He took a page from Mehdi's handbook on that penalty. He earned it and it sure was one.

Go Saman!

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I really think he looks better fresh off the bench, both for Team Melli and for Brentford

Big LOL to everyone cussing out Thomas Frank and having a meltdown before Ghoddos was finally subbed... Missing like 5 or 6 key players and still got the win

Comment

Damesh garm.

Ghoddos yek bazikoni hast ke toop behesh bayad berese, nabayad donbale toop bere.

Dar TM vaghti baazisaazi mikone teamhaaye arab nemifahmand che ettefaaghi daare miyofte.

Seshanbeh ba Man Utd dar khaaneh baazi darand, yani yek shanse dorost o hesaabi migire?
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Maybe it's just me but I really think he looks better fresh off the bench, both for Team Melli and for Brentford
          Big LOL to everyone cussing out Thomas Frank and having a meltdown before Ghoddos was finally subbed... Missing like 5 or 6 key players and still got the win
          he is shooting himself in the foot most games now though. They struggled to create anything for most of the game which is worrying against a side with as leaky defense as watford have.

A midfield 3 of Janelt/Baptiste, Norsgard, AND one of Onyeka/Jensen is just way too redundant. Its not helping them defensively or offensively. If it was giving defensive stability I would understand it and hed be making a cautious but smart move, but thats just not the case whatsoever. In fact its doing the opposite bc now they have decent spells of possession followed by countless horrible giveaways as soon as they try advancing the ball to higher areas of danger. The reason is obvious, that group of midfielders have the IQ and forward thinking ability of a rock.

A lot of people, including Frank himself, are hinting that they should consider 3421 option for at least a good amount of these games vs bottom 10.

I think as part of the 2 under a main CF in that formation is ghoddos best role and where he often played for ostersunds. Only wissa would be his competition for that spot on the team and thats not saying much considering his performance tonight.

Canos----Janelt---Norsgard----Henry
          ----------Mbuemo---Saman---------
          ------------------Toney---------------

Seems a lineup way more capable of creating chances.

Comment

the ever critical recognition from locals

Comment

Seems to be a good super sub, but I’m yet to see him play a solid 90
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUJ98NUROc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qXW66vVB44

Comment

He's more than a sub, IMO.

Saman's best performance came vs Villa, as a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                    He's more than a sub, IMO.
                    Saman's best performance came vs Villa, as a starter.
                    For sure, Frank needs to change the formation to include Saman if he wants to stay in PL next year. Our boy needs more playing time so he can get a confidence boost. As soon as Saman came on, the energy changed to the positive. Damet garm Saman Jan if you read this post, dele maro shad kardi ❤️🙏🏻

Comment

Let me get this right:

Bees playing crap and down 0-1
                      Saman subbed in and they equalize 1-1
                      Saman earns the PK in injury time for the winner

Frank, what else do you need for a start?

Comment

Promising stuff. Do we think he's finally getting close to Sarlak levels? Only Daneshmand can say.

Comment

Saman was saman of old today

So crisp and confident on the ball, intelligent movement, created a lot of danger and did everything he could and he really brought the game back for them.

I agree with other members here, saman cant be chasing the ball, he needs to be fed and he can show his brilliance.
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

He will be getting lots of minutes with the busy Christmas schedule.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he started vs. Man U

Comment

Imagine the numbers Saman would put up if he was a starter for Brentford. Would easily become the most successful Iranian player in the Premier League. Would even surpass Dejagah's stats.

Although, he could still do so from the bench.

Comment

Guys saman is a great player and we all know that! He is creative , smart and technical. But he simply is not a defensive MD and thats why he doesn't start! I don't think anyone here gonna argue with this. However the problem is the current system thats being used by frank.

If brentford wants to start with 3-5-2 defensive line up then i would not even dare to put him in there. He won't perform in that kind of system . I dono how to put it down but saman does not fit this nasty defensive style of game plan! So in order to see him in the line up Frank needs to change this stupid defensive 3-5-2 that does not WORK! Conceding 21 goals in 11 matches is just shocking!

If frank moves back to 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 with some attacking power upfront then I guarantee you saman will be withing the Top 10's of PL in his position (behind strikers) .

Comment

Working...
                                X