No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think he goes with for the next game ? Onyeka looks like he can’t last 90 , Janelt I can see coming back into the squad to put that bite back into the middle , Mbeumo to come back into the starting 11 also surely. He just needs to finish his chances.

Do you think you need to play three at the back against Norwich and Newcastle or would you change formation. Two important games coming up with the international break sandwiched between them.

Comment

I think brentfords best lineup atm is:

------------------GK----------
      -------Ajer-----Jansson---Pinnock----
      Canos----Janelt/Onyeka---Norsgard---Henry
      ------------------Ghoddos---------------
      -----------Mbuemo-------Toney-------

Without ghoddos in the midfield they lack balance. Jensen is not a very creative player at all, but a tidy passer who isnt even doing that right in PLs fast face. Onyeka,Norsgard, and Janelt are all similar profiles. If you start them all your midfield just has no creativity. People on here keep mentioning defensive stability with relation to ghoddos. IMO he is showing his pressing is actually much better than jensen, creating many dangerous turnovers high up the pitch in consecutive games. But more than that, he gives you an additional offensive threat that actually troubles the midfield line of the opposition too. That in turn alleviates pressure on brentford D line, makes them less predictable and able to get higher up the pitch, which actually helps their defense a lot as they dont have to withstand as much pressure.

Comment

Tough one. So many injuries limits what they can do if They want to change things though this is only one bad result/performance and Frank can be quite stubborn with his selection. They will almost certainly stick with the formation that has served them well so far this season so unless Ajer remains unfit and one of the 3 CBs that played today is also not 100%, then will stick with 3 at the back. Also the new keeper needs the added protection. I'm sure he'll come good but he didn't look great today.

I also expect the 3 man midfield. Norgaard is probably their player of the season so far and the first name on the team sheet. Janelt should play along side him. Hopefully Mbeumo will be fit and play up top with Toney. Then as always, it's one of Jensen, Onyeka or Ghoddos as the 3rd midfielder.

Ghoddos has done all he can with his cameo today. His start away to Aston Villa playing close to an AM role gives me hope Frank will entrust him with that role at Norwich. Though, Jensen can also occupy that role. I'll be at the game so fingers crossed he starts.

Too early to call with Newcastle after the international break. Injured players like Wissa might be fit again... Some fit players now may not be available. I just hope that whatever happens on Saturday, Ghoddos is able to play the internationals and if he doesn't get selected I wouldn't blame him if he made himself unavailable in the future while Skocic is still coach. As someone else pointed out, it's ridiculous to make a Premier League player travel thousands of miles to watch inferior players play in his place with no good reason. People should be more upset about his lack of game time in TM than Brentford recently.

Comment

Afarin be Saman e Ghoddos! Hope he keeps it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
            What you are saying is that IPL players are better than English Premier League players defensively ? A third grade coach knows more than a PM league coach ? I bet his fitness is much higher than the IPL players given the fact that he plays in the best league in the world.
            You want saman to be Messi to start for TM ? Half of IPL players can’t even run half the amount of played run in EPL.
            Never mind , we can’t change the coaches mind but at least we should discuss the realities of the situation.

I never said any of those things you mentioned at that's your incorrect assumption. Really odd way to just put words in someone else's mouth loll.

First of all, we know ezzatolahi has to start.
            Also, nourollahi actually covers a lot of ground and works very very hard. This is his main strength and what he's known for, so your pint regarding fitness is irrelevant.

Also, he's clearly better at defending than ghoddos is and he's also a physical player.

Point is that nourollahi is fit enough, strong, and better at defending, which is what we require in the middle of the pitch. Our attacking options upfront are great and have proven they can still create many Chances every match. If we have an off game or go behind and need to take risks, ghoddos then is a good option.

Like I mentioned, even burnleys coach has sparingly used saman, and mostly when they need to take risks to get back into the game.

That's the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Respectfully disagree with what you’re saying especially the bolded…..anyone who has followed Saman’s career closely can tell you his best performances are always as a starter. He is the kind of player who grows into the game as the match goes on. You can use today as an example of a good impact he has as a sub, sure, but I can use the chelsea game an example of how he got better minute by minute as the game developed just like his first prem start vs villa….where you will have also noticed how quickly he gets back to the box when defending counters.
              Defensively, saman does a 1000x better job tracking back than Ezi who is as slow as a turtle at times and much less prone to giving up dangerous fouls like nourolahi has an extensive history in doing and turning the ball over for holding onto it for too long. If you watched nouro in ACL and PGPL you’ll have seen this regularly in the last few years.
              This thing about saman not being good or inferior to our other CM options in TM is nothing but a myth and it’s funny Bc all you have to do is watch one full game of saman in England to see the work he puts in when tracking back vs nourolahi who once again, has a long and clear history about being a liability in that department. Nourolahi as an overall CM and value vs Saman is not even comparable. Only Skocic is dumb enough to not see that.
              Ezzi has to start anyway because he's key to our midfield and brings several other great qualities, so you can't even sacrifice him for saman.

So what you're saying is that ghoddos is just as good at defending and providing defensive/physical cover as nourollahi, is also much better in attacking department (obviously).... Yet a professional football coach like skocic who is watching this team from up close and manages them... Cannot see this??

He definitely sees what's needed better than we do, considering he's the coach.

Comment

As you all know, I'm not one to make immature or false claims and I'm extremely humble and respectful so I won't say that good-for-nothing obese waste of space knows less about the game than any of us.

Comment

meanwhile...daneshmand was scouting tractor vs esteghlal lol. Grand total of Zero TM level players on the pitch...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    meanwhile...daneshmand was scouting tractor vs esteghlal lol. Grand total of Zero TM level players on the pitch...
                    Maybe he was scouting Aref Aghasi, one of the most promising defenders in Iran and see how he does in the game against Tractor, and also to see how Daneshgar and Cheshmi are doing as potential call ups etc. It's good that our headcoach follows the Iranian league, no actually it's his duty. Did Queiroz even follow the IPL? I doubt it, where does this arrogance and disdain towards PGPL come from? Lord knows Skocic is getting results so the haters have to find something to complain about right?

Skocic is doing a great job, hope he follows most of our league games as a HC is supposed to.

Comment

The man's got a point, if only CQ managed to develop some PGPL talent and stop continually relying on all our legionnaires :*)

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        Ezzi has to start anyway because he's key to our midfield and brings several other great qualities, so you can't even sacrifice him for saman.

So what you're saying is that ghoddos is just as good at defending and providing defensive/physical cover as nourollahi, is also much better in attacking department (obviously).... Yet a professional football coach like skocic who is watching this team from up close and manages them... Cannot see this??

He definitely sees what's needed better than we do, considering he's the coach.
                        TM can't play with too many attacking players as that leaves our defence vulnerable. So starting with three offensive players then substituting one or two or three in the second half (depending on the score) seems like the smart thing to do.

This means that Ghoddos has to compete with Jahanbaksh or Gholizadeh or Ghaedi etc for the starting spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          The man's got a point, if only CQ managed to develop some PGPL talent and stop continually relying on all our legionnaires :*)
                          Ah if only Queiroz could manage to beat the mighty Iraqis in the 8 years he was our coach i personally would have been more than satisfied.

Comment

Don't stop there, CQ's negativity cost us countless times. Direct evidence comes in the fact he couldn't even get us wins against Cambodia in all his time as TM manager. The minute he leaves and takes his defensive football with him, we finally see our talents perform and we get a 14-0 under Wilmots and 10-0 under Daneshmand.

These things won't be mentioned by the CQ fangirls but they need to be put out there and recognised. The future is bright. The future is Daneshmand. GO DANESHMAND!

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                              Maybe he was scouting Aref Aghasi, one of the most promising defenders in Iran and see how he does in the game against Tractor, and also to see how Daneshgar and Cheshmi are doing as potential call ups etc. It's good that our headcoach follows the Iranian league, no actually it's his duty. Did Queiroz even follow the IPL? I doubt it, where does this arrogance and disdain towards PGPL come from? Lord knows Skocic is getting results so the haters have to find something to complain about right?
                              Skocic is doing a great job, hope he follows most of our league games as a HC is supposed to.
                              Show some respect please. Did you not see what CQ did with Pouraliganji when he was at Naft Tehran? with Vahid Amiri and Mehdi Taremi? with Omid Ebrahimi and Majid Hosseini? shall i continue... all PGPL players who evolved massively under his stewardship, scouting and coaching

What are you seeing in Aghasi when he has been a sub every game? The same people who critique a world class coach in CQ yet admire a dalal headcoach is beyond crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Don't stop there, CQ's negativity cost us countless times. Direct evidence comes in the fact he couldn't even get us wins against Cambodia in all his time as TM manager. The minute he leaves and takes his defensive football with him, we finally see our talents perform and we get a 14-0 under Wilmots and 10-0 under Daneshmand.
                                These things won't be mentioned by the CQ fangirls but they need to be put out there and recognised. The future is bright. The future is Daneshmand. GO DANESHMAND!
                                Actually TM never played Cambodia when Queiroz was our coach. But the Queiroz fanboys are right about one thing, which is that Wiltits did carry on the Queiroz legacy when TM lost against Bahrain and Iraq. It was only under Skocic that we could see the disruption, we could see the break from the Queiroz legacy of losing against Iraq and Bahrain when TM actually beat them during the qualifiers.

TM's Skocic is a different TM indeed, no more parking the bus, no more defending with 10 men against the mighty UAE and Qatar as if they were Brazil and France, no more Queiroz misleading our players and making them think they were not worthy and skilled footballer players with 20% ball possesions against mighty opponents such as UAE, no more having just 1 gameplan and losing when we get behind. Gooo Skocic!

Comment

Working...
                                X