Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    The complete game is on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0XJcIaLzk
    This is from March

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
      This is from March
      Sorry, wrong game. I saw the score line and figured it is the right game. nevermind.

Comment

Game of two halves, first half Brentford were useless. Roerslev and Bidstrup were particularly a disgrace.

And injury got Ajer on just before HT and Onyenka and Canos came on for the 2 passengers at HT. Led to second half being one way traffic, Brentford dominated and coasted to victory.

Ghoddos was solid in first half, didn't lose possession and did a fine job without being able to create chances due to the disjointed nature of the team.

Second half changes led to him playing much deeper at times and providing cover for Onyenka but he remained extremely tidy in possession and got a solid assist for the first. Always kept it simple and played quick passes the way he was facing allowing Brentford to maintain possession. Tried a couple of penetrative passes with mixed results but this should be his role I think, recyle possession and work it out of tricky spots.

But anyway, none of that matters, the absolute geezer came over and gave me his shirt. Another kid had a Swedish sign for him and showed me a shirt of his which Ghoddos had given to him at a previous match too, the guy is a top class gent. He said he's going to international camp too so no major concerns about COVID restrictions lile Salah and co hopefully.

Comment

Wowwwwwww what an experience Taz…..I’ve never been more jealous of someone in my life!!!

So he chose you over the guy with the Swedish flag? Mashalla speaks to my post the other day about him and why I love the guy so much!

Did he say anything else besides that he’s going to be at the TM camp?
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The Swedish kid had a cute handmade sign for him but was sitting up in the stands so I don't think it was a competition

Nothing much more, poor guy was just on his way back to dressing room and probably just wanted to see who this bearded taliban looking cretin who had dressed his missus in a Zenit Azmoun shirt and dragged her to the game was. I didn't want to hold him up and the shirt gesture was all his idea so yeah, vaghan mosalmooneh.

Comment

That is brilliant , proper happy for you .

Comment

Soo did you tell the swedish kid, the shirt is mine, if you come near Saman after the game i will kick you in the nuts?
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Comment

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...t-green-video/

highlights for those in USA

Comment

So cool Taz!! been able to see TM once in real life, which was a huge experience, but didn't even think of asking for a shirt (stupid me).
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I saw you Taz! I had an Iran flag too but you took the shirt before me I thought he did much better in the second half. The fans unfortunately around us kept swearing at him which really upset me as I didn't think he played bad at all... he doesn't press enough and they kept saying you're s*** you're too fat to run, get out bla bla which was really upsetting but he seems close with his team mates and his coach too. BTW I loved their stadium, the vibe was perfect too. I fell in love with their team last night. Best of luck to him, I think he will be part of the squad and will get his chance in the league as well this year. He actually gave one shirt to Taz and there was another Iranian boy in front of us who was holding a sign saying Saman can I have your shirt, he went to the lockets and brought him another shirt which was a lovely gesture. I'll be back to watch them again against Brighton hoping for a Brentford smashing.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

It does seem like a growing population of their fans have bought into the 'he's unfit/slow/rubbish' narrative which is just wrong. Same with Chelsea fans when they were criticising Jorginho, they're expecting your standard all-action BLM midfielder from all midfielders and unable to appreciate the subtleties of a simple technician like these guys. All I can say is it's a shame none of them said anything within earshot of me. Roerslev and Bidstrup had 2 of the worst performances I've seen live but they won't get the same criticism obvs because they're young, blonde and not from an Islamic republic.

Comment

Thanks Salar and Taz, good to hear we have people like JB, Saman, Amiri, Majid Hosseini, and few others which could be the leader and the role model for much youngers who join TM, just by their behaviors on and off the field.

Comment

Kudos to you Salar and Taz for not letting those a-holes deter you from cheering for the team. There is always going to be a group of a-holes “supporting” the team especially English clubs but the good news is most fans from Brentford seem to be respectable and as you noted the club management and team mates seem to be great as well. I’m invested in being a bee
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Brentford have had a kind draw of League Two Oldham for next round of Carabao Cup

Comment

Working...
                                X