Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    You forgot "Other players don't pass to our player".

I agree with your thesis and in general, we are like Iranian mothers... Our kids are perfect, good looking, smart, etc. without a flaw. If our players are not succeeding, it must be the above.

From a fair perspective, sometimes one or two of the above does happen, but whether its true or not, we always go there.
    Yeah but because this forum is often an echo chamber for such unintelligible opinions, rose-tinted apologist views or just plain laughable conspiracy theories... It takes those of us that want to play devils advocate or say something unpopular to give those who espouse such silly views a bit of grounding before they say go on the Brentford message board with their "Thomas Frank is biased to Danish players" and start embarrassing themsel..... Oh wait, too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
      Yeah but because this forum is often an echo chamber for such unintelligible opinions, rose-tinted apologist views or just plain laughable conspiracy theories... It takes those of us that want to play devils advocate or say something unpopular to give those who espouse such silly views a bit of grounding before they say go on the Brentford message board with their "Thomas Frank is biased to Danish players" and start embarrassing themsel..... Oh wait, too late.
      Thank GOD we have members like Malkay to show us dignity and realistic view

or wait, was i joking?
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

At the end of the day: Skocic has an unbeaten record, in spite of not playing Ghoddos that much. So I give him the benefit of doubt from a tactical stand point (even though I still think he deserves more minutes with the quality he brings).

In Brentford’s case, their record definitely has room for improvement, so why not play Ghoddos more? Does the coach really think they would lose more games if he played more?

If you do an analysis to see the relationship between his good performances and getting more minutes, you see the relationship is far from being linear.

I still remember when he started and played a good game against Aston Villa, and you remember how he was rewarded afterwards. Then, it’s convenient when he doesn’t have a good performance to say “look, this is why the coach doesn’t play him.”

Comment

Brentford are 9 points clear of relegation at the halfway stage. I'm not sure you can compare that achievement with beating some crap Arab sides but if you could, it certainly wouldn't be a lesser achievement. They held City to a narrow 1-0 scoreline which is an achievement in itself and people are berating Frank and the team as if Ghoddos would have clearly changed their fortunes.

Comment

From a squad that cost around 60 million and has the lowest wage bill in the Premier League.
            https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...alary-25371891

Comment

Frank doing Ok with this team and he won't get sacked. A newly promoted team first mission is to keep the side on the high division and he is having mission accomplished so far.
              Regarding to Saman, well that is now the 4th coach who doesn't trust his game on regular bases.(The 3 TM coaches plus Frank).
              So stop blaming the coach again...
              Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Frank doing Ok with this team and he won't get sacked. A newly promoted team first mission is to keep the side on the high division and he is having mission accomplished so far.
                Regarding to Saman, well that is now the 4th coach who doesn't trust his game on regular bases.(The 3 TM coaches plus Frank).
                So stop blaming the coach again...
                He was injured and suspended during Wilmot's time

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  He was injured and suspended during Wilmot's time
                  Hala 3 ta coach che farghi dare to asl daastan?!

Comment

It is undeniable that Saman lacks defensive attributes. A false nine is probably his best position and not many teams will look to play that position hence why he gets benched as much as he does.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                      It is undeniable that Saman lacks defensive attributes. A false nine is probably his best position and not many teams will look to play that position hence why he gets benched as much as he does.
                      I have said it before. I say it again and has nothing to do with him as person. He is with JB the most lovely kid in TM.
                      And also has nothing to do with Nour, Ali, Taghi x, y. Whether they play in shotor land or whatever..
                      Saman is not expert or consistent in any particular position. He may do excellent as CM few games, or as winger but can not keep it up regularly.
                      He isn't that fast off the winger either. So coaches whether is Frank, CQ, Skocic, Mamad Mayeli, or whoever have their A, B, C plans in each position and unfortunately Saman fall in C plan sometime.
                      Another issue is you can not always blame coaches, the guy has an excellent shooting abilities and barely take advantage of it either in TM or club.
                      If you want fight for your position you have to maximize you assets.

I remember Doll didn't like Kia but almost every time he got a chance even 10-15 min he was assisting or had major impact in the game.

Comment

Agree that Brentford's primary goal should be to stay in PL for another season. The amount of payout for just participating in the league is absurd, their income and subsequent transfer spending potential even as a bottom table side tops that of bigger teams in other leagues. Still though, Frenke's tactics leave a lot to be desired. I think his approach is a bit overly conservative and his justifications for how he puts out his lineups don't make much sense to me. Where i've seen Brentford stand out as a newly promoted side is when they are confident with their high press and put more emphasis on midfield control rather than just hoofting it up to Toney and Mbuemo.

Comment

I have a big feeling saman is gonna ask for a loan…..
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            I have a big feeling saman is gonna ask for a loan…..
                            If he doesn’t get more minutes, rightly so. The point of any coach, in any league, even in sunday pick up, is to win: period. That is the whole point of picking your lineup.

Our players being on teams where coaches “want to keep their heads above water” will ultimately be at the expense of our players’ development.

We don’t want see another ARJ brighton 2.0

Comment

Brentford have signed Jonas Lossl on loan from Midtjylland until end of season with option to buy. Goalkeeper with Premier League experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                Brentford have signed Jonas Lossl on loan from Midtjylland until end of season with option to buy. Goalkeeper with Premier League experience.
                                man frank always just goes to danish players. its stupid. but i guess some say here just staying in prem is enough for brentford. hopefully he picks up another danish player, Saeid Ezatolahi

Comment

Working...
                                X