This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    You’re saying he should be dropped entirely ?
    He should be in the squad but there should be no discussion at all that Ahmad is our undisputed number 1 full stop... how do you see it?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Very well said as always futbaldoost jaan. Everything about his story is remarkable and should be celebrated. That said we can also still be fair and acknowledge a lot of things he has done leading up to this situation was very avoidable/if he made different choices earlier on maybe now he’d be in a different position.

- made a move to Europe earlier in his career. It has been confirmed many times that he had opportunities for 2-3 consecutive seasons before he took the offer to join Antwerp. If he started earlier, well, the positive implications of that and also him being a few years more experienced in europe have obvious positives.

- his inability or lack of desire to learn English

- becoming complacent. This one I don’t have evidence on and I’m not as passionate about as the previous two bullets but I do think that he, like haghighi before him, became complacent in TM after some good performances on a big stage. I just can’t help but think that if someone is operating like they have a job they need to earn each week (the TM #1 spot) then they will train, work, and operate in the most professional and hardworking manner and I just don’t really see it from beiro.
      Thank you Ghermez Agha jaan. Mesl-eh hameesheh lotf daaree dadash. Everything you said is right on the money. I think his lack of English skills and complacency played a role in not moving to Europe right after WC 2018. I am sure CQ provided the same advice that he gave Mehdi Taremi and other TM players including Beiro. One listened and made the best of it. Another one didn't. He could learn from that before it's too late. Haghighi is a decent keeper playing for Nassaaji and even today he had a great game against Esteghlal and I think his problem was more on the side of arrogance and haashieh yet it's still an effective example to learn from. Does Beiro want to end up like him or he has bigger dreams?

Go Beiro!

Comment

If a guy like Alireza Haghighi who is way less capable than Alireza Beiranvand can start consistently at teams like Penafiel and Eskilstuna in Portugals and Swedish highest division, I believe Beiranvand can do too. But as others mentioned, it’s a combination of mentality and motivation to succeed. Remember that it is always hard for Asian GK’s to do well, on the top of my hands in recent past I can only name few Asian goalies who succeeded in Europe: Al-Habsi (Oman), Kawashima (Japan) & Ryan (Australia).

Comment

Judging by Beiranvand’s latest tweet I would say he will very likely be back in Iran next season.

Comment

Judging by Beiranvand’s latest tweet I would say he will very likely be back in Iran next season.
            He has only himself to blame. Two European clubs laid the red carpet for him and he badly sh*t on it

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              He has only himself to blame. Two European clubs laid the red carpet for him and he badly sh*t on it
              Disagree. He was very unlucky with Antwerp and the head coach not wanting him (even though management did)... and then his poor form.
              At Boavista he was doing ok, he just got injured at a bad time.

Either way I want him to regain his confidence and form. An in-form Beiranvand is the best Iranian goalie by far.

Comment

Disagree. He was very unlucky with Antwerp and the head coach not wanting him (even though management did)... and then his poor form.
                At Boavista he was doing ok, he just got injured at a bad time.

Either way I want him to regain his confidence and form. An in-form Beiranvand is the best Iranian goalie by far.
                When Butez was injured he just had to do the minimal but had to do these awful games against mechelen and Glasgow rangers (+ another injury)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  When Butez was injured he just had to do the minimal but had to do these awful games against mechelen and Glasgow rangers (+ another injury)
                  Again, I say we were too harsh on him, especially the club coaches. He wasn't bad all the time, just wildly inconsistent. Remember he had some really good performances too (v Tottenham and some league games)
                  Look at how Porto backs up Diogo Costo, or United backs up De Gea.... you need that kind of support as goalies tend to be very fragile emotionally.

Comment

Again, I say we were too harsh on him, especially the club coaches. He wasn't bad all the time, just wildly inconsistent. Remember he had some really good performances too (v Tottenham and some league games)
                    Look at how Porto backs up Diogo Costo, or United backs up De Gea.... you need that kind of support as goalies tend to be very fragile emotionally.
                    I think the opposite, we were very soft with him, bashing euro medias criticizing him, finding tons of excuses for every goals he concedes, blaming the others.

If he did the same with TM or if he was a non iranian in Europe, I don't think we would be that comprehensive

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

what is the guy's current situation in his club..?

can't even get a mercy start once in a while or beat out a 40-50 yo grandpa for minutes..?

are they out of all comps but the league ..? no cup mins or any other friendlies ..?

i maintain he only has himself to blame and evidently only he screwed himself over earlier by khale zanaki antics and acting injured o koskhol bazi games with his last coach at Annwerp who to me at least seemed to rate his keeping and be quite a fair in ignoring fans whinings and giving him his fair chances in between the sticks..!!

he is still plenty good to become a regular starter for a many other Liga Nos or other EU teams .... it all depends on his mentality and abilities to immerse and adapt himself to professional demeanor and to the local culture ..!

Comment

It is not his skills that is keeping on the bench. He just doesn't fit culturally any where he goes. He belongs to Iranian clubs. He should come back to Perspolise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            It is not his skills that is keeping on the bench. He just doesn't fit culturally any where he goes. He belongs to Iranian clubs. He should come back to Perspolise.

This is why (even though I don't particularly like PP or SS) I never really wanted Alireza to leave Persepolis. Because for a 20-40 ranked national team, it is better for the keeper to play in the nation's club teams and just be able to play regularly, to be ready for the national team. I knew he would lose that, whichever team he went to in Europe....

So many international keepers for upper-mid tier countries have ended up being benched for years in their clubs in Europe over the last few decades.

Being a goalkeeper is different to other positions. Language and instinctive relationships with your rearguard is the key. Centre back is kind of similar, that's why we only had Rahman Rezaei consistently playing for 8 seasons in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              This is why (even though I don't particularly like PP or SS) I never really wanted Alireza to leave Persepolis. Because for a 20-40 ranked national team, it is better for the keeper to play in the nation's club teams and just be able to play regularly, to be ready for the national team. I knew he would lose that, whichever team he went to in Europe....

So many international keepers for upper-mid tier countries have ended up being benched for years in their clubs in Europe over the last few decades.

Being a goalkeeper is different to other positions. Language and instinctive relationships with your rearguard is the key. Centre back is kind of similar, that's why we only had Rahman Rezaei consistently playing for 8 seasons in Italy.
                              Yes, communication requires language skills and if you don't speak the local language well, you should at least speak fluent English.

Beiranvand doesn't speak either well, so he is handicapped in that crucial regard!

He may just improve quickly to regain his prior form if he goes back to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                                I disagree.

Rushing out too aggressively and taking down attackers in the box isn't a cultural issue. Neither are poor positioning or inability to hold on to the ball when intercepting crosses.

Comment

Working...
                                X