Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post
    According to the recent news apparently Queiroz officially declined to take the job.
    link?

Comment

You have no clue what you talking about …. If CQ didn’t show up rahamti would still be the goalkeeper forget about players like beyravand ever getting a chance…

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        link?
        I read it on an Arabic forum called kooora, and there were couple of Iraqi soccer commentators on YouTube posting a video saying that the deal was off and that previous statement of nearly reaching an agreement was all from Iraqi sources.

It’s not a reliable source but here is the kooora forum link (in Arabic): https://forum.kooora.com/f.aspx?t=38424293

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          Doubt it. Portugal lives and breathes Ronaldo...the greatest player in the world who has been on the outs with CQ.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Portugal-Iran

Even where he had a little success he burned his bridges.

Oh and don't forget Portuguese FA fining him for misconduct that followed a antidoping 6 month ban...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...onths-portugal

Queiroz was widely criticised after Portugal produced a disappointing World Cup campaign in South Africa, where they went out in the second round against the eventual champions Spain, and he has suggested that the charges are an attempt to force him out of his job.

...sound familiar folks? And hard stop!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          You claimed that he is someone who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been. I showed your post was factually incorrect (unless we claim that 2 World Cup gold medals is destructive). In fact even you realize this as per the bolded part above which contradicts your initial statement.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            You claimed that he is someone who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been. I showed your post was factually incorrect (unless we claim that 2 World Cup gold medals is destructive). In fact even you realize this as per the bolded part above which contradicts your initial statement.
            He won a junior championship with Portugal. That is little success. 2 world cup participation medals is not a big deal either. Sorry that is not impressive. In AC our performance in one of the biggest games in our modern era was pathetic.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ben.walken View Post
              According to the recent news apparently Queiroz officially declined to take the job.
              he def saw pfdc threads and realized how dumb it would be to take the job[emoji23]

Comment

He won a junior championship with Portugal. That is little success. 2 world cup participation medals is not a big deal either. Sorry that is not impressive. In AC our performance in one of the biggest games in our modern era was pathetic.
                Two junior championships (1989 and 1991). So that's not destruction, correct?
                I'm not trying to debate whether it was impressive or not but rather to determine when you said he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" whether your statement was factual or not. It seems like it's not.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Two junior championships (1989 and 1991). So that's not destruction, correct?
                  I'm not trying to debate whether it was impressive or not but rather to determine when you said he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" whether your statement was factual or not. It seems like it's not.
                  Well yes. He was later fined, suspended, and accused of bullying and using innappriate language by the Portugese FA when he took over senior team...later dismissed. See the articles I posted above. That's destruction...

Comment

Well yes.
                    So we agree that your statement was factually incorrect.

Comment

With the assumption that he has indeed taken up this job:

With CQ’s knowing all the group participants inside out, having inside knowledge on Iran’s players strength and weaknesses, having a pretty good record against the second favourites SK, his recruitment as Iraqi National manager can give them a winning card. HOWEVER, with his style in mind, CQ would want to transform the Iraqi playing style and at the same time recruit a number of internationally born and played half or quarter Iraqis, the problem is that given a short period of time to do it, recruiting and gelling the new recruits and the current squad under his discipline and tactics are tall orders. On the other hand given that his fundamentals are based on strict discipline, how many “Iraqi Rahmatis and Aghilis” can he afford to offload? He has little choice but to play with the current side and to an extent bite the bullet on his own principles, which won’t do for a CQ we know of!

I love CQ to bits and I agree he has the right to take up any job he wishes but as an Iran fan, I wish him hell.
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

So we agree that your statement was factually incorrect.
                        No. He burned his bridges with Portuguese FA. We agree as a junior coach he was decent. As a senior coach since he wasn't hired for nohjavanan we agree he has left nothing but burnt bridges and a trail of destruction.

BTW by your logic Blazevic should be our coach to this day. I mean the guy got a bronze medal with Croatia in the world cup...lol we all know how his tenure with TM turned out.

Comment

No. He burned his bridges with Portuguese FA. We agree as a junior coach he was decent. As a senior coach since he wasn't hired for nohjavanan we agree he has left nothing but burnt bridges and a trail of destruction.
                          You just said that 2 World Championships is not destruction. You even agree in this post that as a junior coach he was decent. Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.

Comment

You just said that 2 World Championships is not destruction. You even agree in this post that as a junior coach he was decent. Thus your initial statement is factually incorrect.
                            2 junior world championships is success. But success can be followed by destruction. What's his legacy with Portugese FA. Would they hire him ever again? Only fans who want this guy back or TM fans. Not S. Africa, not Columbia, not Portugal or anywhere else.

Comment

Well yes. He was later fined, suspended, and accused of bullying and using innappriate language by the Portugese FA when he took over senior team...later dismissed. See the articles I posted above. That's destruction...

Thats not really fair mate, CQ had a huge part in the Renaissance of Portugese football initiated in the 90s. This is well documented!!

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
                                Thats not really fair mate, CQ had a huge part in the Renaissance of Portugese football initiated in the 90s. This is well documented!!
                                So is his abuse of officials, falling out with the Stars, multiple suspensions...by his own FA as well as antidoping agency...he has done good but mostly he has left a sour legacy....I've given plenty of examples of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X