Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Has Skocic earned your trust after the second round of WCQs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    We have to be realistic about our goal, I know after 2018 many of us want to make the next round at a world cup but the reality is there is a lot of luck involved as well. Skocic can probably get us to the world cup, but come away with 1-3 points at most from what I've seen so far. do we want to risk missing the world cup and go for a 'world class' manager who can only potentially make us better?
    For the me the goal is still to keep making world cups consistently. yes it will be easier on paper in 2026 and future due to 8 Asian teams, but as we've seen some of asias other teams have caught up, and we dont know the format of qualification yet. we must establish ourselves as a consistent team in the world cup. 2014-2018 was our only back to back appearance EVER. we still missed 2002 and 2010 do not forget that.
    so let us qualify first, and worry about the rest later. if Skocic is the man to help us qualify then lets support him
    If we want to reach the next round of wc, we also need better transfers, with more players playing in better leagues and clubs.
    Whoever is the coach, we won't reach the next round with a squad full of qatar/ipl and some euro second rate league/club legionnaires

Comment

He’s done plenty well enough so far to remain in charge of TM
      But if I were IFF I’d only offer him a contract extension
      Purely Performance Based & more importantly on a game by game term basis ..!
      Most other experienced international coaches would demand at a minimum Until WC 22 contract term, much more money + win bonuses & other contractual guarantees etc. But I’d gather Eskoocher wouldn’t have such a luxury of demanding such Yet from IFF ..!
      & let’s face it.. our Federation is currently broke as a joke & we’re not really in position of being too choosey ..! Most upgrades on coaching front are not really Realistic Attains..! Barring perhaps a few other internationally inexperienced domestic choices.
      I’d much rather take my chances on a proven successful than a domestic Maybe ..!

Besides come next round & Eskoochie fails to win a game or two & or our performances become dodgy & unconvincing then we can always put him under notice & start looking for a possible upgrade.

So I’d say he deserves to stay on game by game basis. He’s done plenty well to deserve at least that much from us.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        Most other experienced international coaches would demand at a minimum Until WC 22 contract term, much more money + win bonuses & other contractual guarantees etc. But I’d gather Eskoocher wouldn’t have such a luxury of demanding such Yet from IFF ..!
        & let’s face it.. our Federation is currently broke as a joke & we’re not really in position of being too choosey ..! Most upgrades on coaching front are not really Realistic Attains..! Barring perhaps a few other internationally inexperienced domestic choices.
        I’d much rather take my chances on a proven successful than a domestic Maybe ..!

Besides come next round & Eskoochie fails to win a game or two & or our performances become dodgy & unconvincing then we can always put him under notice & start looking for a possible upgrade.

So I’d say he deserves to stay on game by game basis. He’s done plenty well to deserve at least that much from us.
        Even Mayeli Kohan won't do a game by game contract. Yes a contract with performance incentives makes more sense and realistic. At this point the guy has a right to continue the momentum. He has a lot to prove and hasn't been cocky...the drama free approach is doing us wonders. Of course one bad loss and everything might change but here is hoping we never feel that pain again!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

wasnt his contract formed as he got it automaticly extended if he got us to next round and again extended over wc if he got us to wc? that was what was said when he got signed, i remember it was all over the news and pfdc..
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

advantages and disadvantages with this. But I would not want to be in a coachless situation after a loss. I don't know what t&c typically goes in this sort of contract, but would expect some sort of performance condition without leaving us in limbo. We should always have a planB and C in place. be ready for the worst case scenario. Have a sub coach on the bench.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Right. And Wilmots with all his pedigree or Mayeli Kohan/Ghalenoie deserve TM head coaching jobs? You act like we have a federation on the same class as Germany or France...in fact...your expectations mirror what CQ thought IFF was and could deliver. After 8 years he learned.

The Japanese have a proverb...the nail that sticks out furthest gets the hardest hammer

Funny how CQ went to Colombia with more footballing resources and infrastructure and did even poorer than with TM relatively speaking. Sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is.

And yes if you were the mayor of a poor city, and were constantly at risk of being scape goated by the media and citizens while being paid poorly you would complain and you prob would quit. Who else would be willing to lead a team all but eliminated...take on all the risk and know most of the reward from namak nashnas fans would go to a coach fired by Colombia even after winning 4 do or die matches under such miserable conditions???

Are you sure about it having more infrastructure and resources? I just spent 7 months living there and I didn't think I would ever see a country so so much more f'd up than Iran... the only thing they really have going for them is that their players are easily transitioned to Europe for cultural/visa reasons (they speak spanish and to my knowledge people from all ex-spanish colonies can get a 5 year visa in Spain no problem if they have a job offer (I lived in Spain for 2 years)) and sanctions of course.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
                Are you sure about it having more infrastructure and resources? I just spent 7 months living there and I didn't think I would ever see a country so so much more f'd up than Iran... the only thing they really have going for them is that their players are easily transitioned to Europe for cultural/visa reasons (they speak spanish and to my knowledge people from all ex-spanish colonies can get a 5 year visa in Spain no problem if they have a job offer (I lived in Spain for 2 years)) and sanctions of course.
                They spent half a billion dollars to revamp a stadium and were even eyeing the 2030 WC...

https://www.coliseum-online.com/colo...tadium-revamp/

So they definitely have more money than cash strapped IFF that can't even pay coaches and gets sued regularly for salaries.

Comment

They spent half a billion dollars to revamp a stadium and were even eyeing the 2030 WC...

https://www.coliseum-online.com/colo...tadium-revamp/

So they definitely have more money than cash strapped IFF that can't even pay coaches and gets sued regularly for salaries.

I mean to be fair that would be very typical of a country like Colombia... spend all your money on distracting people from the destitute poverty that drives people to put guns to one anothers' heads for a pair of shoes instead of decent public services.

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
                    I mean to be fair that would be very typical of a country like Colombia... spend all your money on distracting people from the destitute poverty that drives people to put guns to one anothers' heads for a pair of shoes instead of decent public services.
                    Perhaps true. But they spending it on football. We are talking football infrastructure

Comment

Perhaps true. But they spending it on football. We are talking football infrastructure

And so am I

Love watching team melli but you got to admit societies like the US or those that reflect the US to a much poorer standard (Colombia for example) really use the max potential of sport to distract poor people from their problems. Might be an upopular opinion amongst us football fans but I think it's how religous people should admit religion can be easily misused for the same effect.

Comment

News out of iraq is circulating

Iraq in negotiation with carlos q

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                          News out of iraq is circulating

Iraq in negotiation with carlos q
                          Shayad Eragh pishnahad bede be CQ, amma fekr nemikonam ghabool kone.

Midone ke team mellie Eragh tavanaaiye raftan be jaame jahaani raa nadaare.
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

How many skocic vs cq threads?
                            Should merge all the threads about TM headcoach.
                            The same can be said for the wcq draw

Comment

Skocic has done a great job so far. we should not forget how most of us thought we were facing so many odds to overcome that we had resigned to finishing second and were calculating the odds of us going through as a runner up. He has done the job and we topped the group. Even Iraqis believed the best we could do was a draw against them. I don't know what else he could have done to prove he is a good coach with a lot of knowledge not only about us but also about our neighbouring Arab nations. He should be given an extended contract with improvement of the facilities, preparations and anything that would improve our situation. That would give us the best chance than bring in another coach and start from scratch again. I would also have the best Iranian coach on the side as reserve and keep him posted just in case. But from the outside and what I see, Skocic can do the job. But then again we don't know what is behind the scene.
                              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic
                              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Based on the PFDC article, seems like Skocic's future is still undecided and his contract has ran out, and the IFF is considering if they want to extend his contract. Shocking that any coach would take such a short term contract with so much risk, he did very well, 7 wins, and 4 must win qualifiers under his belt. Would be shocking to me if his contract isn't extended, especially given that he accepted to be paid in our useless currency.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X