Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
    shows how low your standards are if your willing to accept such a weak resume and manager at the helm of the no1 team in Asia
    he has 0 understanding of modern football, most the 26 man squad are not in favour of him and once we qualify you will see it wont just be taremi speaking out, ghoddos, torabi and co. will finally state how it is, did you not see taghavi interview the coach and his dalal agent buying and selling spots... i wont certainly wont be fooled by easy wins against very weak asian teams
    It is not that I have low standards; it just that I live on planet Earth. You live in a land of fairies.

Which coach with a shinning resume was available when we got rid of Wilmots? Who is this world famous coach willing to live in Iran when Iranians themselves would rather live elsewhere? Live without their families, and without some basic expectations. And with the track record of not paying our coaches...CQ & Wilmots, Sheaffer, That other Portuguese coach, Brankovic, etc etc. ending in disputes/court cases.

And with what money? CQ was not cheap (!). Wilmots bankrupted the IFF. Do you understand the level of corruption in Iran?

Have you heard of COVID? Iran is in its 6th wave. With a death rate that is probably the worst in the world if true stats were published. Which coach was willing to work in such conditions?

So I am very thankful that a coach that frankly I did not know much of at all, with little success but enough experience to understand the Iranian psyche, took over TM. Twelve victories later, with no losses in 13 games, and a generally tight defence, Lebanon not withstanding, you should be very thankful that we had a coach that has brought us to the brink of qualification.

Korea has more star players than Iran playing in Top five leagues. They have a big name coach too. Why are they below Iran in the table, playing the same teams? Have you asked yourself that? For all the talent that you gush about, we do not have one, NOT ONE, Iranian trained player in Europe's top 5 leagues. Ghoddos is a product of Sweden.

You want style? Style is BS. I want to win. The man has delivered. At least thank him...not slander him with a complete fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      No Style?!!! TM definitely has a style. It's called the winning style.
      why this is not good style
      its boring
      HAMASH HAMASH BOORD
      we need to think about future and START LOSING now.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
        It is not that I have low standards; it just that I live on planet Earth. You live in a land of fairies.
        Which coach with a shinning resume was available when we got rid of Wilmots? Who is this world famous coach willing to live in Iran when Iranians themselves would rather live elsewhere? Live without their families, and without some basic expectations. And with the track record of not paying our coaches...CQ & Wilmots, Sheaffer, That other Portuguese coach, Brankovic, etc etc. ending in disputes/court cases.
        And with what money? CQ was not cheap (!). Wilmots bankrupted the IFF. Do you understand the level of corruption in Iran?
        Have you heard of COVID? Iran is in its 6th wave. With a death rate that is probably the worst in the world if true stats were published. Which coach was willing to work in such conditions?
        So I am very thankful that a coach that frankly I did not know much of at all, with little success but enough experience to understand the Iranian psyche, took over TM. Twelve victories later, with no losses in 13 games, and a generally tight defence, Lebanon not withstanding, you should be very thankful that we had a coach that has brought us to the brink of qualification.
        Korea has more star players than Iran playing in Top five leagues. They have a big name coach too. Why are they below Iran in the table, playing the same teams? Have you asked yourself that? For all the talent that you gush about, we do not have one, NOT ONE, Iranian trained player in Europe's top 5 leagues. Ghoddos is a product of Sweden.
        You want style? Style is BS. I want to win. The man has delivered. At least thank him...not slander him with a complete fabrication.
        NONESENSE... you seem to want to accept medicority we had one game against decent opponents SK and that was a scrapped draw because the TM manager didnt have the balls to take the game to Korea... do you want me to accept a coach who fought 1-1 was enough against Lebanon. His star player had to tell him coach there is time to actually win the game shows the difference. Go ask anyone in Iranian football they will tell you what a dalal him and his agent are... dont be blind sided by 5 wins against asia's weakest teams in a long while.... Coaches are willing to come to Iran why not? go look at the numbers before and after the PGPL ban on foreign based coaches and you will see

We deserve better. There is no chance Scokic does anything in a WC 0 chance. He cant even be bothered to defend his players. Its a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post

Herve Renard wanted the Job. Everybody knows that.

Comment

^ That's true but that was before Wilmotsaster and the whole debacle that pushed IFF to the verge of bankruptcy (... that continues). You got your timing wrong. Taj and his cohorts made a strategic mistake with regards to Renard. He had agreed to move to Iran with his family and there was some news that his wife was even looking at schools in Tehran but the IFF leadership went with Wilomtsaster because they did not want to wait for a couple more months that meant playing Hong Kong and Cambodia with an interim caretaker coach. It was water under the bridge when they signed the scoundrel and Renard signed with Saudi Arabia. Golden opportunity lost and then the financial disaster and later COVID-19 plus the continuation of Trump/Biden sanctions (and of course IR incompetence/corruption) made it literally impossible to go with anybody but Sko. It was a desperate move that has paid off purely out of Sko's ability and our players talent/dedication/hard work.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
              Herve Renard wanted the Job. Everybody knows that.
              We are discussing post Wilmots disaster that led to Skocic being appointed.

If we had signed Renard, we would be sitting at the top of our table and half of this forum would be complaining about lack of style and winning games against low quality opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                No Style?!!! TM definitely has a style. It's called the winning style.
                lol. maybe this is why it's not easily recognized by our fans
                We're not used to winning too many games. So it all looks odd and strange and obviously "out of ordinary"

Comment

beating all of asia
                  except for s.k japan australia ksa
                  CAN E DONE WITH maylikohan and
                  even akbar misaghiyan.
                  and we can qualify to wc
                  with out beating s.k japan or australia
                  almost year in and year out(cq beat s.k at the same time we lost points to lebnon and syria)
                  it canceled eachother out.
                  WHATS IMPORTANT IN ASIA
                  is asian cup
                  can we beat s.k ,japan,australia,ksa
                  in a asian cup 1/8 qf semifial or final.
                  THATS WHAT EVERY COACH
                  has failed to do so since 1976.
                  84 ac lost semi ksa
                  88 ac lost semi ksa
                  92 ac couldent beat japan
                  failed to qualify group stage
                  96 ac lost semi ksa
                  2000 lost s.k qf
                  2004 beat s.k qf lost to china semi
                  08 lost korea qf
                  2011 lost s.k qf
                  2015 lost iraq qf
                  2019 lost japan semi
                  AT the end skovic
                  will be judged based on
                  his asian cup result

Comment

No CQ is the son of Kurosh, he discovered Taremi that was the number one club striker of a very unknown small club Perspolis. No other coach would have discovered Taremi, normally they play for Barca and Real before ending up at TM. Also CQ never had hard times against Asian teams like Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq. We were beating them left and right with big numbers...somehow this only doesn't show on the score sheets anymore.
                    With CQ we were playing only the top teams and winning easily, unfortunately due to covid these top teams have stopped to exist and nobody talks about them anymore, so that why nobody knows about them. We actually once won the AC and WC but it was not televised...
                    CQ had invented a great football style, one that is the most difficult in the world, even the great teams like Brazil and Argentina don't play such football. Put all 10 man in your own half and rely on counter attacks and set pieces. A genius. If CQ was our coach we would be head of our group now... ow wait

Comment

Some are so namak nashnas it's just ridiculous.
                      Skocic could win us the world cup, cure cancer and end world hunger and some here would still complain and ask for his head.
                      Credit where credits due.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                        Some are so namak nashnas it's just ridiculous.
                        Skocic could win us the world cup, cure cancer and end world hunger and some here would still complain and ask for his head.
                        Credit where credits due.
                        As fate would have it, I was just thinking Skocic probably has a better chance of curing cancer and/or ending world hunger than winning us the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                          NONESENSE... you seem to want to accept medicority we had one game against decent opponents SK and that was a scrapped draw because the TM manager didnt have the balls to take the game to Korea... do you want me to accept a coach who fought 1-1 was enough against Lebanon. His star player had to tell him coach there is time to actually win the game shows the difference. Go ask anyone in Iranian football they will tell you what a dalal him and his agent are... dont be blind sided by 5 wins against asia's weakest teams in a long while.... Coaches are willing to come to Iran why not? go look at the numbers before and after the PGPL ban on foreign based coaches and you will see
                          We deserve better. There is no chance Scokic does anything in a WC 0 chance. He cant even be bothered to defend his players. Its a disgrace
                          No idea what makes you think skocic was content with a draw vs Lebanon. We were attacking until the very end, clearly trying to score and even the subs he made were great and resulted in us creating more chances and scoring.

Also, we attacked a lot vs Korea and had excellent chances to score.

Our defending isn't as good as it used to be and I'm also not sure how well we'll do in world cup but to claim skocic wasn't trying to win that matches is something I completely disagree with.

Comment

skocic is on a tour
                            HE WAS in uae watching
                            couple of iran players there
                            sources Have said he might of
                            started he negotiation for
                            becoming uae hc either after
                            wcq or wc.
                            then he will go to turky and
                            watch the iranians there
                            for sure he be at iran derby
                            and between he might go to
                            portugal.

danehmand daneshmand
                            hemayatat mikonim

Comment

I give Skocic credit but I'm not 100% sold yet..

However, if he gets at least 10 points in the last 4 matches (3 wins 1 draw or 4 wins) then he has my support for manager during the WC!

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                skocic is on a tour
                                HE WAS in uae watching
                                couple of iran players there
                                sources Have said he might of
                                started he negotiation for
                                becoming uae hc either after
                                wcq or wc.
                                then he will go to turky and
                                watch the iranians there
                                for sure he be at iran derby
                                and between he might go to
                                portugal.
                                danehmand daneshmand
                                hemayatat mikonim
                                Hopefully rumours of him signing with UAE are true.
                                Wouldn’t mind seeing him as UAE coach in Azadi early february.
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X