• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Then pls get him.
    Who is it, this mysterious savior?
    Pls do tell
    If it was up to me, i would have already done it lol.
    All i can do is share my thoughts here on this forum, the same goes for you.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Well we just had our best qualification with Skocic even better than CQ. Clearly CQ couldn't maximize in Colombia or South Africa...and how did we maximize our chances with CQ? You mean the own goal against Morocco, last minute heart breaker against Argentina, or the missed opportunities versus Portugal? Maybe the hammering Bosnia gave us or the outside the world cup the embarrassing performance with Japan?

You see...if we even eliminate the OG versus Morocco would you consider the WC successful? Most would not. Luck was on CQs side that a Moroccan error happened.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      You want to know what would happen if we had Skocic instead of CQ in 2014 or 2018 WC?
      The answer is simple, another 2006 WC disaster.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        All due respect to you ozone jaan, I think what you’re saying in the bolded is equally as unfair and feeds into the cancerous remarks by the khiabani’s and misaghi’s of the world who are as clueless and harmful as they come.

CQ’s legacy can be talked about for days but I’ll keep it short. The man raised the standard of winning and TM football as a whole…..his record, squads he built, philosophies and atmospheres did not exist before he came to TM. It was not a norm to walk through the World Cup qualification with ease, it was not a norm to maintain a #1 ranked Asian team, it was not a norm to be placed in the group of death and be fighting for advancement to the knockout stages until the last second, it was not a norm to push for your guys to play in Europe and at the highest levels, it was not a norm to have a no-hashiyeh TM and eliminate your drama queens regardless of status, it was not a norm to pay out of your own pocket for TM expenses……I’ll stop here but I’m happy to chime in with more of the point hasn’t been made at this point. Many, many things this man did was legendary and is being reaped the benefit of by Sko.

If you’re not willing to acknowledge that, then you’re no different than the other side of the argument that doesn’t acknowledge sko’s accomplishments and we can stop the convo here bc we’ll just be going in circles.
        What do you mean hashieyeh free...do I need to remind you about all the issues he had with his own coaching staff, league coaches media, and the refs.

What do you mean fighting till last minute to gk to round 2...arguably we did the same thing in 98 and 78...chances were there.

Do I have to remind you that in 2005 we were ranked 15th in the world? Was that CQ too?

Comon man...CQ helped a lot but he also had flaws. 69, 72, 76 those teams won AC...not stop at before the whistle like they did in Japan. Any coach who had 8 years time should have done some things well...he had time, more than most international coaches get in a lifetime. Part of that is our fault...creating a savior as if we had no footballing history or pedigree before the man.

Let me remind you Porto, Zenit, Zorya, and Maritimo don't match up to Munich, Hertha Berlin, Bochum and Hamburg. Not to mention we had 3 players at Bayern Munich in the past! We had football before CQ...good quality football...CQ brought a defensive mindset that to be honest doesn't suit our style of play...its not how our players played gol kuchik and it's why he got ran out of his other stints...in the end if you don't attack and score you can't win. Total football requires a commitment to front and back end of the pitch, something CQ never felt TM players could do.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          What do you mean hashieyeh free...do I need to remind you about all the issues he had with his own coaching staff, league coaches media, and the refs.

What do you mean fighting till last minute to gk to round 2...arguably we did the same thing in 98 and 78...chances were there.

Do I have to remind you that in 2005 we were ranked 15th in the world? Was that CQ too?

Comon man...CQ helped a lot but he also had flaws. 69, 72, 76 those teams won AC...not stop at before the whistle like they did in Japan. Any coach who had 8 years time should have done some things well...he had time, more than most international coaches get in a lifetime. Part of that is our fault...creating a savior as if we had no footballing history or pedigree before the man.

Let me remind you Porto, Zenit, Zorya, and Maritimo don't match up to Munich, Hertha Berlin, Bochum and Hamburg. Not to mention we had 3 players at Bayern Munich in the past! We had football before CQ...good quality football...CQ brought a defensive mindset that to be honest doesn't suit our style of play...its not how our players played gol kuchik and it's why he got ran out of his other stints...in the end if you don't attack and score you can't win. Total football requires a commitment to front and back end of the pitch, something CQ never felt TM players could do.

Hashiyeh free in his camp is what I meant…..the man had the khayeh to remove one of the most important TM players at a VERY crucial time to set a precedent of no drama queens who cause controversy out of thin air are allowed. In Iranian football history there has been a steady record of jealousy, drama, and idiocy involved with at least one player in TM at any given time. Sko thankfully (and the thing I admire most about him) continues to carry that torch with how he handled Taremi.

If you’re seriously going to allude to his battles with the media, federation, and incompetent domestic coaches who don’t have a clue about what it means to be successful and how to get things done as hashiyeh then your definition of hashiyeh is greatly twisted…..I call the cleansing and is one of the biggest things anyone should appreciate about CQ.

In 78 we got embarrassed 4-1 by Peru and in 2014 went toe to toe with WC runner up Argentina for 90+ mins and had the better chances. The respect our football got on that day was tremendous.

Re: his shortcomings in the AC I actually will agree with you there. To me, the biggest thing that caused the downfall for TM was their mental lapse and inability to focus on the game and play to the whistle instead of arguing with the ref…..an issue he should have addressed at the WC in 2018 when our players embarrassingly would swarm the ref after every call (most of them legit too) and our so called captain Hajsafi leading the way. CQ messed up there by not addressing it and it cost him in the AC IMO bc that scene of kanani and rezaeian losing all focus is exactly the non sense that should have never happened if he dropped the hammer earlier on.

……and on your last point, I think the way you’re looking at it is gravely mistaken and misguided. If you’re actually trying to say that bc we previously had other high quality players in better European leagues before CQ then you’re choosing to ignore that when he took over TM besides nekounam and Shojaei there were no European based players. Now fast forward to 2021 and and almost 80% of TM is European based. The same Zorya, Porto, zenit, etc. raise the standard of our football 100x more than those playing in Iran, UAE and QSL. All the players comments on this matter is there for your reference on the importance and role CQ has played in promoting a career in europe vs Iran and this trend is going MUCH more stronger after his arrival than it was when he arrived and we had almost nobody.

I don’t want to keep going in circles here so this will be my last response….again you’re going way too far out of your way to ignore many relevant facts in order to make a point the same way those who don’t like Sko are trying to. Same mentality but different man you’re supporting.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Guys in the end of the day CQ is now the Coach of Egypt. No one can deny the legacy that he left at TM, but we have now Skocic as our Coach who managed to qualify TM for WC 2022 in style. He made the impossible possible after the mess that Wilmots put TM in. Keep in mind, that we had up to that time struggled with Iraq and had NEVER defeated Bahrain on their soil. We did all that under Sko.

I am sure CQ'S Head is fully with Egypt's Nationalteam ( in fact he even didn't congratulate TM for their recent Qualification), we need to do the same and look into the future.
            What matters is that we make it to the next Round in WC. We also have not the time and money to bring in a new Coach with a big name.

Comment

What about the Omid Namazi situation? Or how in the middle of a press conference he downplayed domestic violence on a hot mic (albeit as Colombias coach).

The guy had tax disputes in Iran...issues with his own trainers, players, and seemed to constantly try to respond to criticism with his words rather than letting his actions do the talking. He is not a Saint stop acting like he was or is one...of course his issue with Iranians has even extended to his current role by attacking Faghani and requesting Fifa review him.

Quieroz did some good and some not so good even to this day. He is not a Saint but after 8 years and no hardware I think at best we can say he was an at times an undisciplined coach who was above average in installing defensive discipline in his team.

Comment

Only iranians can turn Skocic appreciation thread into a CQ vs Skocic thread. Iranians have no self awareness.

Say CQ is a god. Who cares? If he is this God then stop the comparisons.

Can we be glad we qualified that we hade such an easy route this time, say a little thank you, and leave it att that?

When you say thanks for the food to your patents, you dont start comparing the food to a michellin resto. No, so Let that be the Gold standard regarding behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                  Only iranians can turn Skocic appreciation thread into a CQ vs Skocic thread. Iranians have no self awareness.

Can we be glad we qualified that we hade such an easy route this time, say a little thank you, and leave it att that?

When you say thanks for the food to your patents, you dont start comparing the food to a michellin resto. No, so Let that be the Gold standard regarding behaviour.
                  Well said haji
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Agreed. We try and turn someone's success into another's failure. It doesn't have to be that way. And as I said in another thread, this plays right into the hands of IFF/IR who dream of slashing TM's budget for coaching, training, facilities, kits (while pocketing the leftovers), and claiming that we can do more with less (ie paying Dragan less than we did CQ). It's NOT about individuals, it's about a sustainable system to allow our team to continue to deliver in the setting of ANY professional coach.

Comment

Too bad he doesn't search to develop real alternatives for CB (nourafkan, come on) and upfront (zahedi)

Comment

Something I noticed about Skocic is that when he was Interblock's manager he won the Slovenian Cup and Supercup during his time there, and they only have three major trophies in their entire history

Comment

One who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it. These discussions if kept civil are productive for our football to move forward. Otherwise as Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome.

Comment

he is not a good coach he is lucky, we want to make a change he take ghoddos off, why??when gholizadeh was poor , why not him

Comment

one thing that can be said about Skocic for sure is that while he doesn't make us better, he certainly doesn't make us worse. compare the team under wilmots to this. for the most part skocic plays the best players in the best positions, and doesn't try anything overly fancy for his lineups. and our team is talented enough to get us the wins and he knows that. is he a magician? no, but look at other struggling national teams, and you will realize most dont have a great manager, even the strong european teams like france, or germany who had Low for years

Comment

^ ^ Ok, you could be lucky once or twice, maybe three times. His record now is 14 wins and one draw. An unprecedented record in TM history. You don't have to like him. A little bit of fairness and human courtesy will go a long way though.

Go TM!

Comment

Working...
                                X