X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    There it is again!!!
    May I ask;
    1- How many times have we won IN SKorea?
    2- If we did, Who was the coach?
    3-plz define "convincingly". 5-0? 3-0? Would 2-0 even count? Would 1-0 not be convincing enough?
    Why are we expecting improbable results from one coach, while we have NEVER achieved this with anyone else..... to merely give credit to a coach?
    "I will accept and give credit to CQ only if Egypt wins the world cup"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "And convincingly. Meaning they win the final by a good margin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We have won once in Korea when CQ was the coach in 2013 with virtually no players in Europe. We would most likely had won a second time had ezzatollahi had not gotten himself red carded in 2017.

By convincing victory I mean, we dictate the game, not them. Score line is irrelevant.

And what is this mentality of “how many times have we done it before ?”

The past does not equal the future.

Button line is, in my opinion if Skocic is capable of out coaching Bento in Seoul and win convincingly, then he might be able to be trusted to take us to the second round in Qatar.

But chances of that is slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      Very true.
      No name coaches are clearly inferior to coaches with resume like having led big name German clubs or top European national teams. Or at least top African teams.
      Don't you agree?
      I mean Skocic has not even traveled to Germany probably, let alone coach a reputed team like Dortmund or Schalke. Right?

I also doubt he has led a national team of repute like .... umm... for example Neatherlands or Austria or Belgium.
      Same with Africa. Like a top team like Nigeria or Ivory Coast.

We REALLY REALLY need one of those coaches who has such a resume.
      Hmmmm.... I think we're in luck.
      There IS a coach who has coached a top European nation, a reputed German club and a top African nation.

Let me call him.
      Ring. Ring.
      Hey Marc. How are you? Boy, do I have a fantastic job for you.
      Yeah yeah. The present coach is a no name chap. Certainly nowhere near you.
      Come save us.
      I'm sure you will beat our asian rivals .... "Convincingly' and with your vast experience in top of European football, will take us to the QF of the WC. What do you say?

Which nation? Oh. It's Iran. And we've already qualifi.... Hello? .... Marc. Are you there?.... Helloooo????

I think the line got cut!
      Damn!
      Now we are denied of such a famous, reputed coach with such a resume!!! We're DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Lol again the Wilmots example, is that all you got?

So by your logic it’s either Skocic, Wilmots or someone like Guardiola?
      A guy like CQ is not in the same league as Guardiola, but well above Skocic/Wilmots.
      If we managed to hire a guy like him once, we can do it again.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Then pls get him.
        Who is it, this mysterious savior?
        Pls do tell

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          I don’t think anyone wet their pants when Wilmots got the job.
          He had just failed miserably at Ivory Coast and he almost got us kicked out aswell.

It’s about maximizing our chances in the WC.
          With a coach of CQ calibre we did, with Skocic we won’t.
          Well we just had our best qualification with Skocic even better than CQ. Clearly CQ couldn't maximize in Colombia or South Africa...and how did we maximize our chances with CQ? You mean the own goal against Morocco, last minute heart breaker against Argentina, or the missed opportunities versus Portugal? Maybe the hammering Bosnia gave us or the outside the world cup the embarrassing performance with Japan?

You see...if we even eliminate the OG versus Morocco would you consider the WC successful? Most would not. Luck was on CQs side that a Moroccan error happened.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            We have won once in Korea when CQ was the coach in 2013 with virtually no players in Europe. We would most likely had won a second time had ezzatollahi had not gotten himself red carded in 2017.

By convincing victory I mean, we dictate the game, not them. Score line is irrelevant.

And what is this mentality of “how many times have we done it before ?”

The past does not equal the future.

Button line is, in my opinion if Skocic is capable of out coaching Bento in Seoul and win convincingly, then he might be able to be trusted to take us to the second round in Qatar.

But chances of that is slim.
            If you use this logic then CQ also had woeful games against minnow Arab teams...does that mean he got out coached and should have been dismissed?

You are riding a lot on Korea match. We have qualified...maybe Skocic will want to test players or tactics given he is unlikely to get many quality friendlies...he might even try a new system...you know coaches do that kind of thing to prepare their team for when it matters the most.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              You are riding a lot on Korea match.
              LOL. Those two games are the only games that mattered in this Mickey Mouse group.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                LOL. Those two games are the only games that mattered in this Mickey Mouse group.
                Then in that case none of them mattered. Since we qualified and are done

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  Then in that case none of them mattered. Since we qualified and are done

We are done? I guess we are if have you this kind of small-time mentality. Comparing Skocic to worst TM coach in history or dismissing Korea games in favor of bah bah chah chah after beating Lebanon in stoppage time.

In reality, we are not done. World cup is in November. And games against Korea are more indicative of this team and coaches quality rather than Syria or Cambodia. Probably. I could be wrong.

Comment

Its very funny. Since I start watching TM, South Korea is the big game. For every coach. In any competition. AC, WCQ, ACQ, friendly, u23. Now suddenly with Skocic its not important? Huh? What?

Comment

We have a saying in Farsi that says "Moama cho hal gasht, aasaan shavad". I remember that even during CQ, we struggled against Iraq and we even lost to Lebanon in Beirut, now that we have defeated Iraq three times in a row and went to Bahrain in high heat and humidity in the middle of a COVID-19 red rating in that country and beat everyone and then qualified for the World Cup in the quickest fashion in AFC history, some of us have started to question the accomplishments of TM under Skocic. You know, it is a good thing to be fair in life and give credit when credit is due. I guess that's how everyone of us wants to be treated in life, don't we? I never bad mouthed Skocic like some who still call him the "Croatian dallal" but I had my doubts yet I was willing to give him a chance. He won me over not only with the results but how he has handled the media, the Taremi situation, the Kanaani supposed stupidity and then again this last round of COVID-19 and players joining late due to weather situation in Turkey. He is a mature, dedicated professional that has grown along with TM and now I have confidence that he will be able to handle the huge challenge of WC preparation and taking us beyond the group stage. There are other factors involved here and he is far from perfect, yet he has proven in action and attitude that he is our guy through the WC.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        We have a saying in Farsi that says "Masaaleh chon hal shavad, aasaan shavad"
                        NO OFFENCE but it is:

MOAMA CHON HAL SHAVAD, ASAN SHAVAD.

Just saying.
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                          NO OFFENCE but it is:

MOAMA CHON HAL SHAVAD, ASAN SHAVAD.

Just saying.
                          Thank you webmaster jaan. You are correct. Fixed the original post. No offense taken. Thank you dadash.

Go TM!
                          Go webmaster!

Comment

Make no mistake, Skocic is a better coach than CQ. This shows in the results and the performances of TM. CQ is a one trick pony. Never came back from behind, rarely scored more than one goal. He was a 60% coach.

Comment

Are you rounding? I had him down as a 57% coach. I'd be keen to see your workings to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Are you rounding? I had him down as a 57% coach. I'd be keen to see your workings to compare.
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Working...
                                X