Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    Yeah it was really clueless coaching that almost caused us to lose the game.

Now compare it with WCQ 2018 where we outplayed a much stronger S.Korea side, while having a weaker team ourselves.
    Ah, I understand now.

So I would be correct to say that we were clueless when we tied Syria twice during 2018 WCQ since we just beat Syria easily twice. I would be correct in saying that we were clueless how Iraq always had our number since we just beat them three times in a row now... NO, I WOULD NOT BE CORRECT. We were not clueless then and we are not clueless now...

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      Ah, I understand now.

So I would be correct to say that we were clueless when we tied Syria twice during 2018 WCQ since we just beat Syria easily twice. I would be correct in saying that we were clueless how Iraq always had our number since we just beat them three times in a row now... NO, I WOULD NOT BE CORRECT. We were not clueless then and we are not clueless now...
      We were playing with a gameplan then, with a weaker team than we have now.
      Our opponents Syria and Iraq were also much stronger back then.

Nowadays we’re being coached by a clueless coach. We’re winning our games on individual talent combined with our opponents being at their weakest form in years.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Experience tell us that with this current coach we will not go beyond the group stages in the WC, which is not untoward i suppose, no other coach & team has done it either. The worrying part is that we become the whipping boys of the group, especially if we have a group such as last WC.

Comment

^Whipping Boyz of the group? We beat Morocco, tied Portugal (almost beat them if Taremi had the experience he has now on his last shot) and almost tied Spain. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            ^Whipping Boyz of the group? We beat Morocco, tied Portugal (almost beat them if Taremi had the experience he has now on his last shot) and almost tied Spain. lol.
            I think you misunderstood him.
            He meant he’s worried we’ll be whipping boys THIS time around if we get a group like last WC.

Last time CQ almost qualified us to last 16.
            This time Skocic will be reason we won’t qualify to last 16.
            Oh the irony. Iranian football, always needs to be something missing.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I think you misunderstood him.
              He meant he’s worried we’ll be whipping boys THIS time around if we get a group like last WC.

Last time CQ almost qualified us to last 16.
              This time Skocic will be reason we won’t qualify to last 16.
              Oh the irony. Iranian football, always needs to be something missing.
              These same folks who say Skocic can't or won't get us to the next round...are you the same folks who wet your pants when Wilmots arrived? Were you the folks who said we would be lucky to win a match with Skocic let alone qualify with 3 games remaining? Anything is possible. CQs team had good and bad moments...nothing to say Skocic won't have some more good and some bad moments...maybe enough to go to the next round in Qatar...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                These same folks who say Skocic can't or won't get us to the next round...are you the same folks who wet your pants when Wilmots arrived? Were you the folks who said we would be lucky to win a match with Skocic let alone qualify with 3 games remaining? Anything is possible. CQs team had good and bad moments...nothing to say Skocic won't have some more good and some bad moments...maybe enough to go to the next round in Qatar...
                On the contrary i was hoping we secured Renard rather than Wilmots. In any case, what i was saying is that it is obvious that the WC will be a different ball game compared to the Asian qualifiers, the current deficiencies that we see in TM will only get magnified & exploited in the WC and if we get a group anywhere close to last WC we are probably gonna lose all of them. I dont see the experience, the technical prowess, the ability to condition the players and study the opponents to be able to counter them in Skocic. And i am afraid that the players do not have the required respect for Skocic either, if we lose our first game badly the whole team could unravel on itself. We need a strong coach to keep the players on track even when faced with defeat. Not sure we have all that.

Even so i hope i am wrong if Skocic stays as coach, i surely will want us to do good at the WC. I will, hopefuly, be in the stands supporting TM no matter who the coach is....losing my voice in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                  On the contrary i was hoping we secured Renard rather than Wilmots. In any case, what i was saying is that it is obvious that the WC will be a different ball game compared to the Asian qualifiers, the current deficiencies that we see in TM will only get magnified & exploited in the WC and if we get a group anywhere close to last WC we are probably gonna lose all of them. I dont see the experience, the technical prowess, the ability to condition the players and study the opponents to be able to counter them in Skocic. And i am afraid that the players do not have the required respect for Skocic either, if we lose our first game badly the whole team could unravel on itself. We need a strong coach to keep the players on track even when faced with defeat. Not sure we have all that.

Even so i hope i am wrong if Skocic stays as coach, i surely will want us to do good at the WC. I will, hopefuly, be in the stands supporting TM no matter who the coach is....losing my voice in the process
                  Most of the players have candidly praised Skocic. See above posts of interviews. His results have been impressive and seems like TM has improved from match to match with our best game arguably being the one with the most pressure on us. Moreover, he has handled the media hashieyeh and players well. Our players haven't seemed out of shape compared to our opponents. And tell me, who thus far with covid and all has had a free from challenge or controversy qualification. Of course the WC is a different competition but you haven't seen Skocic coach at that level yet have you? He seems to have a lot of potential and this far has maximized his chances...wouldn't you agree?

Some folks here feel CQ is the answer and we praise him for 2 first round exits...let's at least give Skocic a chance before we judge. He might just have an ace or two left up his sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                    One big worry I have with Skocic which I did not with CQ, is being out-coached. In my opinion Bento almost got the better off him in the Korea game in Tehran. At the WC with all the best Tacticians leading their teams I see Skocic with very little chance.

That is why I said that if he is able to defeat Korea convincingly in their home he may be able to out coach some of his counter parts in Qatar and get us into the next round.
                    Honestly beside our Home game against Korea in WCQ 2018, when did we ever outplayed Korea since AC 2011? Most of the time they were the dominant side or it was balanced.

Comment

Most of the players have candidly praised Skocic. See above posts of interviews. His results have been impressive and seems like TM has improved from match to match with our best game arguably being the one with the most pressure on us. Moreover, he has handled the media hashieyeh and players well. Our players haven't seemed out of shape compared to our opponents. And tell me, who thus far with covid and all has had a free from challenge or controversy qualification. Of course the WC is a different competition but you haven't seen Skocic coach at that level yet have you? He seems to have a lot of potential and this far has maximized his chances...wouldn't you agree?

Some folks here feel CQ is the answer and we praise him for 2 first round exits...let's at least give Skocic a chance before we judge. He might just have an ace or two left up his sleeve.

I have heard interviews where players have said that technically we are less thorough than under CQ (as an example Saman). And considering that some of the senior players have been to the WC multiple times, more than the coach, there is a natural tendency for them to think we know better, especially if we hit a tough patch. But having said that we cant overlook the fact that Skocic was the coach that has taken us out of the sticky situation and made us qualify to the WC, that too on the cheap. And i appreciate and thank him for that. And if due to this we keep him on for the WC there would be many who would agree. However, with this crop of high performing once a generation players we should be able to make the next round. The question is that do we have all the elements to give this scenario the best chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                        I have heard interviews where players have said that technically we are less thorough than under CQ (as an example Saman). And considering that some of the senior players have been to the WC multiple times, more than the coach, there is a natural tendency for them to think we know better, especially if we hit a tough patch. But having said that we cant overlook the fact that Skocic was the coach that has taken us out of the sticky situation and made us qualify to the WC, that too on the cheap. And i appreciate and thank him for that. And if due to this we keep him on for the WC there would be many who would agree. However, with this crop of high performing once a generation players we should be able to make the next round. The question is that do we have all the elements to give this scenario the best chance?
                        What elements do we need? Are these all the same elements Costa Rica, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, South Korea...and other examples all had to get out of group stage? There is no one size fits all model. A good coach needs to maximize his players abilities, the atmosphere, and have some luck. Skocic thus far has done that as good, if not the best of all TM coaches to date. Case in point compare him to Wilmots with the exact same talent pool.

If the secret to WC success came down to elements then every country would do well at this tournament but we know this is not the case. I MEAN MARADONNA won it all on a handball. Who could have predicted that? What coach can game plan for that?

Given the circumstances...skocic has earned this shot. Give him it. Amiri praised the guy just recently. All the experts and former players are saying it's his job and keep him on...just watch an episode of Yazdah as a sample.

Comment

I don’t think anyone wet their pants when Wilmots got the job.
                          He had just failed miserably at Ivory Coast and he almost got us kicked out aswell.

It’s about maximizing our chances in the WC.
                          With a coach of CQ calibre we did, with Skocic we won’t.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                            One big worry I have with Skocic which I did not with CQ, is being out-coached. In my opinion Bento almost got the better off him in the Korea game in Tehran. At the WC with all the best Tacticians leading their teams I see Skocic with very little chance.
                            That is why I said that if he is able to defeat Korea convincingly in their home he may be able to out coach some of his counter parts in Qatar and get us into the next round.
                            There it is again!!!
                            May I ask;
                            1- How many times have we won IN SKorea?
                            2- If we did, Who was the coach?
                            3-plz define "convincingly". 5-0? 3-0? Would 2-0 even count? Would 1-0 not be convincing enough?

Why are we expecting improbable results from one coach, while we have NEVER achieved this with anyone else..... to merely give credit to a coach?

"I will accept and give credit to CQ only if Egypt wins the world cup"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            "And convincingly. Meaning they win the final by a good margin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A world class coach is the key for closing down the gap between us and the worlds best footballing nations.

Then pls get one.
                              I will not settle for anyone less than Pep or Kloppe. Minimum Zidane.

Pls hurry.

Comment

Yeah it was, and?
                                A coach like Gunes having WC semifinals experience vs Skocic?
                                Hmm difficult choice indeed.
                                Very true.
                                No name coaches are clearly inferior to coaches with resume like having led big name German clubs or top European national teams. Or at least top African teams.
                                Don't you agree?
                                I mean Skocic has not even traveled to Germany probably, let alone coach a reputed team like Dortmund or Schalke. Right?

I also doubt he has led a national team of repute like .... umm... for example Neatherlands or Austria or Belgium.
                                Same with Africa. Like a top team like Nigeria or Ivory Coast.

We REALLY REALLY need one of those coaches who has such a resume.
                                Hmmmm.... I think we're in luck.
                                There IS a coach who has coached a top European nation, a reputed German club and a top African nation.

Let me call him.
                                Ring. Ring.
                                Hey Marc. How are you? Boy, do I have a fantastic job for you.
                                Yeah yeah. The present coach is a no name chap. Certainly nowhere near you.
                                Come save us.
                                I'm sure you will beat our asian rivals .... "Convincingly' and with your vast experience in top of European football, will take us to the QF of the WC. What do you say?

Which nation? Oh. It's Iran. And we've already qualifi.... Hello? .... Marc. Are you there?.... Helloooo????

I think the line got cut!
                                Damn!
                                Now we are denied of such a famous, reputed coach with such a resume!!! We're DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X