No announcement yet.

Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One big worry I have with Skocic which I did not with CQ, is being out-coached. In my opinion Bento almost got the better off him in the Korea game in Tehran. At the WC with all the best Tacticians leading their teams I see Skocic with very little chance.

That is why I said that if he is able to defeat Korea convincingly in their home he may be able to out coach some of his counter parts in Qatar and get us into the next round.

Comment

It’s quite depressing dealing with the fact that people are hoping this guy will get us to the 2nd round in WC.

The WC is not the place you bring a nobody coach. Unfortunately we’re on the verge of making a huge mistake.

Wake up people. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think this guy can get us to the 2nd round.
      When reality kicks in at the WC, it will be brutal and painful.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        It’s quite depressing dealing with the fact that people are hoping this guy will get us to the 2nd round in WC.

The WC is not the place you bring a nobody coach. Unfortunately we’re on the verge of making a huge mistake.

Wake up people. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think this guy can get us to the 2nd round.
        Decent friendlies and the health/form of our players will be the key for how we do in the WC.
        I mean how much tactical adjustment do you think he can make from now to November ?

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          One big worry I have with Skocic which I did not with CQ, is being out-coached. In my opinion Bento almost got the better off him in the Korea game in Tehran. At the WC with all the best Tacticians leading their teams I see Skocic with very little chance.
          That is why I said that if he is able to defeat Korea convincingly in their home he may be able to out coach some of his counter parts in Qatar and get us into the next round.
          We outplayed Korea in the 2nd half and should have had at least another 2 goals. I think we’re being really unfair.

Comment

Don't be depressed... Life is too short...

Think of us as the Cinderella story of WC2022 with a "nobody coach" reaching round of 16...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Decent friendlies and the health/form of our players will be the key for how we do in the WC.
              I mean how much tactical adjustment do you think he can make from now to November ?
              Agreed about the health/form of our players.
              That’s actually the only thing keeping my hopes up.

He will make 0 tactical adjustments until November, which has also been the case from the moment he took over until now.
              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                Don't be depressed... Life is too short...

Think of us as the Cinderella story of WC2022 with a "nobody coach" reaching round of 16...
                If CQ had this team in WC2018, we would probably have reached the QF.
                A world class coach is the key for closing down the gap between us and the worlds best footballing nations.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  We outplayed Korea in the 2nd half and should have had at least another 2 goals. I think we’re being really unfair.
                  Minus that bit at the end of the first half we did not take control of the game until after we had conceded. After we equalized he did not bring in fresh legs and slowly took the foot off the pedal and allowed the Koreans to get back on their feet which nearly resulted in them scoring the wining goal at the end.

So no, I do not think I am being unfair. This coach has little chance of getting us into the next round in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                    Minus that bit at the end of the first half we did not take control of the game until after we had conceded. After we equalized he did not bring in fresh legs and slowly took the foot off the pedal and allowed the Koreans to get back on their feet which nearly resulted in them scoring the wining goal at the end.

So no, I do not think I am being unfair. This coach has little chance of getting us into the next round.
                    Individual brilliance by our players got us a point vs Korea, almost 3p.
                    We looked clueless and played without any sort of gameplan.

Skocic was out-coached by Bento.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Individual brilliance by our players got us a point vs Korea, almost 3p.
                      We looked clueless and played without any sort of gameplan.

Skocic was out-coached by Bento.
                      We should always play clueless and without any sort of gameplan... Its been working out great the last 14 games!!!

Clueless? really!!! Come on man. Be a bit more fair...

Comment

We should always play clueless and without any sort of gameplan... Its been working out great the last 14 games!!!

His recommendation for TM coach was Senol Gunes.

Speaking of Turkey, Senol Gunes is currently without a job.
                        Although Turkey failed in the Euros, they were playing some amazing football leading up to the tournament.

They did beat France and Netherlands comfortably, leading to them being labeled as favorites/dark horses for the euros.
                        Perhaps that pressure got the best of them, and a possible explanation for their failure.

With Iran that certainly isn’t the case, and he should be very motivated to make up for the euro failure.
                        We all know what he did last time in a world cup 😉

Turkey is also culturally close to Iran, and i’m sure they can work around the payment issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          His recommendation for TM coach was Senol Gunes.
                          Yeah it was, and?

A coach like Gunes having WC semifinals experience vs Skocic?
                          Hmm difficult choice indeed.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Yeah it was, and?

A coach like Gunes having WC semifinals experience vs Skocic?
                            Hmm difficult choice indeed.
                            I was providing context for why you (most likely) wanted Skocic out.

Comment

Yeah it was really clueless coaching that almost caused us to lose the game.

Now compare it with WCQ 2018 where we outplayed a much stronger S.Korea side, while having a weaker team ourselves.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                I was providing context for why you (most likely) wanted Skocic out.
                                Most likely? I want him replaced right now.
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X