Dragan Skočić Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    yeah I agree 100 % feels like a crowd pleasing sub since its blowing hard winds after mehdi cutting from the squad..
    poor beiro saved our ass against korea, had good games all along, and one poor game at the windy stadium besides the sea. and baam cut from the eleven.. sends bad signlas to goalie that 1 bad game and your out..
    If only he would have the same balls to exclude underperforming players and give playing time to Salmani

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      poor beiro saved our ass against korea, had good games all along, and one poor game at the windy stadium besides the sea. and baam cut from the eleven.. sends bad signlas to goalie that 1 bad game and your out..
      I kind of disagree with this. He struggled for game time at club level last season and hasn't looked himself of late for TM. Yes he made a good last minute stop towards the end of the game against SK but I think there's been a loss of confidence at club level which has affected his form for us.

Furthermore, Abedzadeh has been in great form at club level for the last 2 seasons, I struggle to think of many big mistakes hes made when he's been given a chance for TM... it would send him bad signals to not give him an opportunity if there's doubt in Beiro. Otherwise, if not now, when? This doesn't mean Beiro is no longer #1 but it's showing there is genuine competition for the place and Beiro should up his game as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        If only he would have the same balls to exclude underperforming players and give playing time to Salmani
        but we have 2 extar goalies on the bench instead!
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Skocic is a bad coach.

Do you all realize that in the past 2 years, Iran has a better record when Skocic is not sitting on the bench as the coach than when he is?? Without him, TM is 100%. With him, TM is only 10 out of 11. What horrible stats!!**

That proves it, Skocic is a horrible coach!!

** From the Journal of Statistical Confusion
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

This thread has become like brushing teeth. It comes into action in then morning when we wake up and in the evening before we go to sleep!
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

13-1-0. The man is simply untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                Well said.

1) Dropped Taremi when he clearly didn't have to and could have opted to take an easier route by allowing Taremi to say whatever he wanted about him.

2) Put his job in jeopardy and essentially made these 2 games a must-win for himself.

3) Got the result in both matches and embarrassed Taremi.

For that, he deserves mad respect.

Comment

daneshmand
                  ZELZELEH
                  mahbooob
                  harchi deleh

BABAYEH ARABA KIYEEh
                  DANESHMANDEH
                  DANESHMANEH

khoda khidaya
                  ta jame jahani
                  hata JAME MELATHA
                  kenar e karim bagheri
                  DANESHMAND OOO
                  negar dar

Comment

This also shows something else. It is not about a resume, also not for normal or even good jobs (non-sport related) when they ask for "experience".
                    Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                    http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      Dick got cut off?
                      Hey, let's hire him. He's certainly more famous and well known than Skocic, with far far more hefty resume.

Anyone?

Yes, I agree. Justin Meram makes good points about why having a coach with a big resume isn't always everything.

Comment

So much as I like Dragan and very much respect his achievements and record, I think we should give kudos to his backroom staff of Hashemite, Bagheri and the underestimated and calm Tutt (not sure I’m spelling it right). The latter was calm and collective during today’s match and from what I’ve seen he plays a very good technical and disciplined role in team Meli.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Yes, I agree. Justin Meram makes good points about why having a coach with a big resume isn't always everything.
                          So the Iraqis refer to him as Dick too. The only thing that this Dick did, was fu*k up Iraq's chances. Oh....Ce la vie...

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                            So much as I like Dragan and very much respect his achievements and record, I think we should give kudos to his backroom staff of Hashemite, Bagheri and the underestimated and calm Tutt (not sure I’m spelling it right). The latter was calm and collective during today’s match and from what I’ve seen he plays a very good technical and disciplined role in team Meli.
                            Whatever the secret sauce is, it seems like it is working way better than expected. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                              Whatever the secret sauce is, it seems like it is working way better than expected. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                              I agree so far so good. Beyond and into the World Cup could be a different story. One thing for sure, we can’t give away or mess up too many balls against better quality oppositions as we have been doing in the last few games. If Dragan was to stay he needs to prepare for the WC with top friendlies.
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I'll direct gratitude his way when we beat a top 50 team or just look like a team that has had some discernible level of coaching.
                                If you watched the last two matches and thought we "had no discernible level of coaching" I'm not sure what to tell you

Comment

Working...
                                X