Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED TABLE best 2nd place Which 5 teams will advance to 3rd round of asia wcq 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
    I guess. Now a tie wouldn’t help them anymore. Would it? Lol 😂 Lebanon lost to Turkmenistan!!! It is sad to see us competing with an awful team like Lebanon that hardly beat Sri Lanka 3-2 and lose to Turkeminstan!!! This AFC and North Korea 🤮 Sad situation.
    A tie will put lebnon through with 11 points

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
      Lobnon tied korea in the first leg
      KOREANS ARE SNEAKY AND VERY NATIONALIST
      and they consider iran their rival and nobody else.
      I see some people predicting korea will tie to hurt iran. THAT is VERY POSSIBLE the more i think about it since they will field their bench of their B TEAM.
      Indeed ! South korea's B Team are bunch of old players which won't have any motivation towards that game. Some of them won't even play in WC ! They are like 33 - 30 etc.. If they feild their B team I see much higher chance for lebanon to get a draw out of them .

Comment

i dont think Korea will try to draw or lose on purpose, but they will be in Pot 1 if Iran does not qualify so it is possible. honestly if they draw a team that can barely beat sri lanka and lost to turkmen in SEOUL they should be embarrassed as a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
          not sure why probability of korea beating lebanon is low. the game is in Korea, lebanon are not that good, and even if Korea fields a B team, they will be hungry to prove their spot in the team. also Korea drew lebanon before, I am sure they dont want to draw them twice for ego reasons. they also wont know if a draw will eliminate iran at the time I believe so will they even care?
          anyway, the more I do math, the more i realize deep down Iran must beat Iraq. not because of just pride, but imagine like the first game it is tied 1-1 and we are seemingly through, and Iraq score a last minute goal? the realization is that a tie game with Iraq is VERY DANGEROUS, it means any mistake, any moment of brilliance by Iraq will mean the end of our world cup hopes and dreams. yes a draw to go through is a nice lifeline, but it is way WAY too risky considering how many things can go wrong late in the game. we MUST win or be in winning position late in the game. I hope the coaches and managers are focused on that, and dont play for a draw, even if Hong kong take points from iraq

People need to think about what these things mean in reality. Even if SK fields a B Squad the players on the field will try everything to win the game. Anything else would be absurd. How would they even go about that? Is their coach gonna tell the players: "Guys I know you want to win against Lebanon on our own ground, but please do not give 100%. We don't want to face Iran possibly in the next round so please do not score. Or if you score, let Lebanon score back in front of our fans."

Essentially telling their national squad to not win at home against Lebanon because we are scared of playing Iran ----it is sure not going to happen.

I think the likelihood of them fielding a B Squad is definitely high. The odds of that Squad tanking the game are nil. I wouldn't say a draw is impossible as Lebanon will park the bus and they didn't concede in the first game against SK---but I expect SK to win and to win comfortably.

Comment

i dont think Korea will try to draw or lose on purpose, but they will be in Pot 1 if Iran does not qualify so it is possible. honestly if they draw a team that can barely beat sri lanka and lost to turkmen in SEOUL they should be embarrassed as a nation.
            SK will win on sunday. They are not gonna embarass themselves like that. Also didn't

Also don't you guys remember the last matchday of the 2018 qualifiers? We helped SK maintain that second seed and qualify for the world cup when we drew against Syria in a meaningless game for us. Had Syria won, SK would have had to go to the playoffs. If anything, they owe us one.

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
              People need to think about what these things mean in reality. Even if SK fields a B Squad the players on the field will try everything to win the game. Anything else would be absurd. How would they even go about that? Is their coach gonna tell the players: "Guys I know you want to win against Lebanon on our own ground, but please do not give 100%. We don't want to face Iran possibly in the next round so please do not score. Or if you score, let Lebanon score back in front of our fans."

Essentially telling their national squad to not win at home against Lebanon because we are scared of playing Iran ----it is sure not going to happen.

I think the likelihood of them fielding a B Squad is definitely high. The odds of that Squad tanking the game are nil. I wouldn't say a draw is impossible as Lebanon will park the bus and they didn't concede in the first game against SK---but I expect SK to win and to win comfortably.
              Its easier to purposely draw with lobnon if there is no fans in the stadium

Comment

If they play their Team B (which consists of old guys) then that means they don't give toss about this match. They won't draw on purpose BUT BUT BUT by feilding their B team then the chances are it will be a draw.

Lol btw South korea has already draw against them before so I don't think they would be embrassed if they get a draw against them with their B team!

One more thing is that their game is 2 days before us so the idea that they Owe us and will win for us is totally wiped out in this case. It would only apply if they played after us or at least same time as us and if we needed them to win.

Everything is in our own hand so we must go for the win against these cocky iraqi guys. Correct me if im wrong but i think its like 10 years that we haven't beat them in an Official match. We've beaten them in a friendly match but not in important offical matches.

I would really love to see us beat the "La La La habibi " out of them. Kheili Ghod Ghod mikonan ina.

Comment

Exactly we hold our own destiny but
                  It would be nice to get results which take so pressure off our team.
                  In my opinion i know alot of people disagree
                  But if iraq beat on hk They will have 11 points inbthe second place table and thats enough to take em to the next round AND THEY ARE NOT DESPERATE FOR POINTS one they take the field against us.

Lets take a look at some games with big amount of pressure for wc since 1986 wc

1986 did not participate due to war And there where some of the best talents iran ever had in that era due to war dnp.

1990 wcq
                  Iran vs china
                  It was like yesterday time flys
                  We lost 2-0 in china
                  At azadi we went up 3-0 and then the party stoped as china scored 2 goals and we won 3-2 but field to get out of the first round of qualifications.

1994 wcq
                  Iran vs ksa
                  We lost 4-3 and once again failed to qualify.

1998 wcq
                  .lost to qatar away 2-0
                  Lost to japan 3-2
                  Tied 1-1 and 2-2 with australia
                  QUALIFIED on
                  Khodada khodadad Goaloooo inam reza dad miracle.

2002 wcq
                  Lost to bahrain 3-1
                  lost in 2-0 in irland and won 1-0 at home and did not qualify

2006 wcq
                  Beat qatar and jordan in must win matches
                  Beat bahrain 1-0 to qualify

2010 wc
                  Tied s.korea 1-1 and did not qualify

2014 wc
                  Won 3 stright must win games to qualify with reza gucci goal.

2018 by far easiest campaign we experienced .

Mustvwin matches are not fun at all
                  Only fun on replay.

Comment

Please guys
                    Tomorrow provide link for
                    Iraq vs hk
                    And malysia vs Vietnam

Comment

Mistake

Comment

So Kyrgyzstan won 8-1 against Myanmar which turns the table a little bit, because Myanmar is now last in group F which benefits Tajikistan.

If Tajikistan wins +6 against Myanmar that would put them ahead of Iran in case we draw Iraq (unless Kyrgyzstan gets at least one point from Japan). Tajikistan will surely win, the question is just if they can score those 6 goals. It’s not likely but definitely not impossible.

EDIT: Never mind this, above is not correct as Peiman pointed out in the next post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                          So Kyrgyzstan won 8-1 against Myanmar which turns the table a little bit, because Myanmar is now last in group F which benefits Tajikistan.

If Tajikistan wins +6 against Myanmar that would put them ahead of Iran in case we draw Iraq (unless Kyrgyzstan gets at least one point from Japan). Tajikistan will surely win, the question is just if they can score those 6 goals. It’s not likely but definitely not impossible.
                          How can Tajikistan beating Myanmar with 6 goals help them when GD against Myanmar won’t count?
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            How can Tajikistan beating Myanmar with 6 goals help them when GD against Myanmar won’t count?
                            Oh, you are right. I’ve been fooling myself too much with all of this, trying to calculate all the possible outcomes. I guess it’s too much for my brain to handle…

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                              Oh, you are right. I’ve been fooling myself too much with all of this, trying to calculate all the possible outcomes. I guess it’s too much for my brain to handle…
                              No worries mate! If Kyrgyzstan manages to beat Japan and Tajikistan drop points against Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan will finish ahead of us( if we draw Iraq).
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                                No worries mate! If Kyrgyzstan manages to beat Japan and Tajikistan drop points against Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan will finish ahead of us( if we draw Iraq).
                                Kyrg Beating Japan is highly unlikely! i predict group F being one of the 3 groups we require to be below us.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X