Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED TABLE best 2nd place Which 5 teams will advance to 3rd round of asia wcq 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    If we qualify the 2nd round shouldn't be that bad. Group of 6, two teams qualify directly, 3rd to play eachother and play with another continent.
    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Agha, nagoo az in chiza. 2009 ra yadet raft? Asoontar az oon nadashtim, gand zadim raft.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
      Sadly its not possible at the moment each pot consists of 2 teams. The pots are based on fifa ranking and Japan and iran are #1 and #2.

Yea I would agree with you if we had time to get organized and play quality football but right now we have way too little time for that (the games start in september). I looked at their squad they are full of quality players, and they are playing some good football. To be honest I would personally want to avoid them at this stage. We have too little time to get organized . I would rather play Saudi arabia and beat the crap out of them.

I hope IFF can get us some friendly matched before our games in september.
      I think Saudi Arabia is the toughest Team for TM in Asia (given the History of the two Teams, politics etc). If i am correct they are the only Team that have a positive Statistic against us in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Agha, nagoo az in chiza. 2009 ra yadet raft? Asoontar az oon nadashtim, gand zadim raft.
        2010 wcq
        Ali karimi Was supposed to take us to the wc. He was experienced and in his prime and stage was set for him to shine on his own and take over.
        BUT couple of THINGS HAPPENED
        Galenoie shouldnt of been fired after the 2007 asian cup.
        That let to
        Ghotbi doing a good bye lab around shiraz stadium beacause he was going to be our tm coach , everyone went to sleep and woke up with ALI DAIE AS OUR HC, AND ALI KARIMI BACHE NANEH BAZIYASH SHORO SHOULD and he refused YES HE REFUSED AS A PLAYER TO PLAY FOR TM, which this might be acceptable in other cultures BUT IN OUR SOCCER CULTURE IS A ANO NO TO TURN BACK ON A CALL UP.
        i will never forgive ali karmi even on my death bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
          I think Saudi Arabia is the toughest Team for TM in Asia (given the History of the two Teams, politics etc). If i am correct they are the only Team that have a positive Statistic against us in Asia.
          No i checked the stats and we are superior to them. We also have the highest win against them. Their wins is also a narrow win while ours is by big margine. Few 3-0 wins for us .

out of 15 games we have won 5 games - Three of them are by 3-0 wins for us. All of saudi win are either 1-0 or 2-1 or 4-3 . 1 goal difference. And Honestly i think its all because of psychology that we lost those games. I feel this is the best time for us to get revenge. I have never seen this much of quality players in last 20-30 years .

Bahrain also beat them in Persian gulf cup .

Comment

No i checked the stats and we are superior to them. We also have the highest win against them. Their wins is also a narrow win while ours is by big margine. Few 3-0 wins for us .
            out of 15 games we have won 5 games - Three of them are by 3-0 wins for us. All of saudi win are either 1-0 or 2-1 or 4-3 . 1 goal difference. And Honestly i think its all because of psychology that we lost those games. I feel this is the best time for us to get revenge. I have never seen this much of quality players in last 20-30 years .
            Exactly, its mostly psychologically. And thanks for the information regarding statistics. Is there any Team with a better statics against us? Maybe Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
              Exactly, its mostly psychologically. And thanks for the information regarding statistics. Is there any Team with a better statics against us? Maybe Japan?
              Yea I feel our team has over come that. In Bahrain game I watched our players keeping their cool. Even when the ref went against us players like sardar and taremi calmed the game. Lol at some point sardar started calming Taremi (after his miss) . Even when bahraini players fouled us badly they still kept it calm. No fight no arguements with ref .. etc..

I pray that we get saudi arabia. Its always extra extra extra enjoyment for me when we win against these persian gulf countries. For me winning against saudi arabia >>>>>>>>>> winning against japan. The enjoyment of beating them is just unexplainable for me. It would make me happy for months.

Comment

Yea I feel our team has over come that. In Bahrain game I watched our players keeping their cool. Even when the ref went against us players like sardar and taremi calmed the game. Lol at some point sardar started calming Taremi (after his miss) . Even when bahraini players fouled us badly they still kept it calm. No fight no arguements with ref .. etc..

I pray that we get saudi arabia. Its always extra extra extra enjoyment for me when we win against these persian gulf countries. For me winning against saudi arabia >>>>>>>>>> winning against japan. The enjoyment of beating them is just unexplainable for me. It would make me happy for months.
                Just speculating, but Skocic's calm demeanor might have to do something with TM players being a little more calm and not haggling the ref. CQ is a good coach, but he also has a temper.

Comment

^^^ hahaha yea good point . Never actually thought about that.

Comment

^^^ hahaha yea good point . Never actually thought about that.
                    And if we had Conceicao as TM coach = everybody redcarded
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

S.Korea- Lebanon: Win for Korea is needed here. - Probability: Probability: low
                      Malaysia-Vietnam: Win/Draw for Malaysia Probability: low
                      Afghanistan-Oman: Win/Draw for Afghanistan Probability: very low
                      Uzbekistan-Yemen: Win/Draw for Yemen. A win would be great as it would put Singapore last in the group( Uzbekistan has 2W vs Singapore). If they draw, we need Yemen to beat Palestine on the last matchday. Probability: very low
                      Kuwait-Jordan: Win/draw for Kuwait is the best outcome here. Kuwait can’t win with more than 2 goals. Probability: low to medium low
                      China-Maldives: Maldives needs to win, highly unlikely. Probability: very low
                      We’ll see what happens. Not many gave Turkmenistan a chance today.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                        If results hold
                        Its 2-1 lebnon
                        Lebnon will advance to the 3rd round.
                        And with oman just need awin against afghanistan iscertain.

There is only 3 second place spots left for grab
                        As breathing is getting tougher and tougher as games progress.
                        You can take a deep breath now .. Turkman 3 Leb 2 FT

Comment

Uzbekistan-Yemen: Win/Draw for Yemen. A win would be great as it would put Singapore last in the group( Uzbekistan has 2W vs Singapore). If they draw, we need Yemen to beat Palestine on the last matchday. Probability: very low
                          Kuwait-Jordan: Win/draw for Kuwait is the best outcome here. Kuwait can’t win with more than 2 goals. Probability: low to medium low
                          I think there is a good chance for Afghanistan to draw Oman, for Malaysia to draw Vietnam and for Kuwait to draw Jordan.

Comment

Kuwait-Jordan drew the first time in Jordan. It could certainly happen again in Kuwait. Malaysia or Afghanistan getting a draw is not too likely but could happen, Oman and Vietnam aren't the strongest of teams.

Comment

not sure why probability of korea beating lebanon is low. the game is in Korea, lebanon are not that good, and even if Korea fields a B team, they will be hungry to prove their spot in the team. also Korea drew lebanon before, I am sure they dont want to draw them twice for ego reasons. they also wont know if a draw will eliminate iran at the time I believe so will they even care?

anyway, the more I do math, the more i realize deep down Iran must beat Iraq. not because of just pride, but imagine like the first game it is tied 1-1 and we are seemingly through, and Iraq score a last minute goal? the realization is that a tie game with Iraq is VERY DANGEROUS, it means any mistake, any moment of brilliance by Iraq will mean the end of our world cup hopes and dreams. yes a draw to go through is a nice lifeline, but it is way WAY too risky considering how many things can go wrong late in the game. we MUST win or be in winning position late in the game. I hope the coaches and managers are focused on that, and dont play for a draw, even if Hong kong take points from iraq

Comment

out of 15 games we have won 5 games - Three of them are by 3-0 wins for us. All of Saudi win are either 1-0 or 2-1 or 4-3 . 1 goal difference. And Honestly i think its all because of psychology that we lost those games. I feel this is the best time for us to get revenge. I have never seen this much of quality players in last 20-30 years .
                                That is only because they counted P.K wins as draws. If we count their wins in p.k it is actually 6-4 for them. One of the very few national teams in Asia where we have a losing record against. Not to mention in 1984 they beat us in Asian Cup semis on p.k, in 1988 in semis of Asian Cup, and in 1996 again on p.ks in semis. And beat us in Azadi 1-2 in 2009 which imo is one of our darkest days. No other team has our number like the Saudis do. I would like to avoid them since they would be the worst 3 pot we can get.

Comment

Working...
                                X