Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED TABLE best 2nd place Which 5 teams will advance to 3rd round of asia wcq 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D P P View Post
    Guys can someone explain and please CLARIFY?
    Is it 100% that if S Korea beat Lebanon then NO MATTER WHAT if we draw Iraq we still go through?
    As i saw alot of you saying this then somebody came on saying 5 other teams will also be head of us in 2nd?
    Is this true?
    Why is AFC doing this? Why put teams in the group if the results against them dont count towards qualification out of a group? Its just so backwards and makes it complicated to see who is actually 2nd and who isnt,
    utterly utterly pointless
    Anyway
    please can someone clarify becuase you are all saying one thing them someone else has come on here saying its not the case re S korea beating Lebanon will mean we only need a draw
    It comes Down to this; we need Lebanon to loose AND two other team to finish below us in the second place ranking (one of Them is 99% sure from the Japan group)

On page 7 I have written the different scenarios that Can help us from each group. There are alot of scenarios, some more realistic than others

Comment

Question
      If we qualify to the next round we a second place team rather than group winner, will it effect our seeding for the final stage ?

Thanks

Comment

Very good result today (for Iran): Lebanon lost 3-2 to Turkmenistan
        sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt

Comment

I’ve just looked it up and will answer my own question lol
          The next round will be seeded according to fifa rankings
          Iran is fourth so will be pot 2

1st seeds are Japan and Australia
          2nd seeds Korea and Iran

Etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
            I’ve just looked it up and will answer my own question lol
            The next round will be seeded according to fifa rankings
            Iran is fourth so will be pot 2

1st seeds are Japan and Australia
            2nd seeds Korea and Iran

Etc etc
            Iran is in 2 place in the ranking not 4th. Its Iran and Japan in pot 1 if we are to qualify

Comment

Iran are second. Japan 1st (29), Iran 2nd (31), korea 3rd (39)and Aust 4 (41)

Comment

11 June will be important for us:

S.Korea- Lebanon: Win for Korea is needed here.
                Malaysia-Vietnam: Win/Draw for Malaysia
                Afghanistan-Oman: Win/Draw for Afghanistan
                Uzbekistan-Yemen: Win/Draw for Yemen. A win would be great as it would put Singapore last in the group( Uzbekistan has 2W vs Singapore). If they draw, we need Yemen to beat Palestine on the last matchday.
                Kuwait-Jordan: Win/draw for Kuwait is the best outcome here. Kuwait can’t win with more than 2 goals.
                China-Maldives: Maldives needs to win, highly unlikely.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

^ S.Korea-Lebanon will be played on 9 june.

I’m hopeful the outcome of 2-3 of the games above will be in our favor.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

^ unfortunately except for the first case of S. korea versus Lebanon, the rest of the teams that need to win or draw are underdogs and expected to lose.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

If we qualify the 2nd round shouldn't be that bad. Group of 6, two teams qualify directly, 3rd to play eachother and play with another continent.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                        ^ unfortunately except for the first case of S. korea versus Lebanon, the rest of the teams that need to win or draw are underdogs and expected to lose.
                        Yes, probably. Out of the other games Kuwait-Jordan and Malaysia-Vietnam outcomes are the most likely to turn in our favour IMO.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          If we qualify the 2nd round shouldn't be that bad. Group of 6, two teams qualify directly, 3rd to play eachother and play with another continent.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                          We should be the 1st to qualify from our group ! The quality of our squad can only be compared to Japan. Even south korea doesn't have that much quality players. They only have seung heung min and Hee chan Hwang. The rest of them are old and below average. We have azmoun , taremi , gholizadeh , ghoddos, ARJ which are all world class players and we also have ghayedi , allahyar etc...

We will be in pot 1 with japan. South korea will be in pot 2 with australia and Saudi arabia will be in pot 3 with either Iraq/UAE. So there is a good chance for us to get south korea and saudi arabia (ufff volek i wanna see that game happen) . Good point is that we will avoid Japan .

I just wanna get Saudi arabia in our group just to show them whos the boss. I wanna see us destroy them!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            We should be the 1st to qualify from our group ! The quality of our squad can only be compared to Japan. Even south korea doesn't have that much quality players. They only have seung heung min and Hee chan Hwang. The rest of them are old and below average. We have azmoun , taremi , gholizadeh , ghoddos, ARJ which are all world class players and we also have ghayedi , allahyar etc...
                            We will be in pot 1 with japan. South korea will be in pot 2 with australia and Saudi arabia will be in pot 3 with either Iraq/UAE. So there is a good chance for us to get south korea and saudi arabia (ufff volek i wanna see that game happen) . Good point is that we will avoid Japan .
                            I just wanna get Saudi arabia in our group just to show them whos the boss. I wanna see us destroy them!
                            actually i badly want us to face Japan in the next stage. We have to clarify who is the best in Asia + i am sick of facing South Korea and Uzbekistan all the time.
                            We can definitely defeat Japan and our last encounter let a bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              11 June will be important for us:

S.Korea- Lebanon: Win for Korea is needed here.
                              Malaysia-Vietnam: Win/Draw for Malaysia
                              Afghanistan-Oman: Win/Draw for Afghanistan
                              Uzbekistan-Yemen: Win/Draw for Yemen. A win would be great as it would put Singapore last in the group( Uzbekistan has 2W vs Singapore). If they draw, we need Yemen to beat Palestine on the last matchday.
                              Kuwait-Jordan: Win/draw for Kuwait is the best outcome here. Kuwait can’t win with more than 2 goals.
                              China-Maldives: Maldives needs to win, highly unlikely.

S.Korea- Lebanon: Win for Korea is needed here. - Probability: Probability: low
                              Malaysia-Vietnam: Win/Draw for Malaysia Probability: low
                              Afghanistan-Oman: Win/Draw for Afghanistan Probability: very low
                              Uzbekistan-Yemen: Win/Draw for Yemen. A win would be great as it would put Singapore last in the group( Uzbekistan has 2W vs Singapore). If they draw, we need Yemen to beat Palestine on the last matchday. Probability: very low
                              Kuwait-Jordan: Win/draw for Kuwait is the best outcome here. Kuwait can’t win with more than 2 goals. Probability: low to medium low
                              China-Maldives: Maldives needs to win, highly unlikely. Probability: very low

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                                actually i badly want us to face Japan in the next stage. We have to clarify who is the best in Asia + i am sick of facing South Korea and Uzbekistan all the time.
                                We can definitely defeat Japan, i would even argue that Iraq is a tougher match for us than Japan!
                                Sadly its not possible at the moment each pot consists of 2 teams. The pots are based on fifa ranking and Japan and iran are #1 and #2.

Yea I would agree with you if we had time to get organized and play quality football but right now we have way too little time for that (the games start in september). I looked at their squad they are full of quality players, and they are playing some good football. To be honest I would personally want to avoid them at this stage. We have too little time to get organized . I would rather play Saudi arabia and beat the crap out of them.

I hope IFF can get us some friendly matched before our games in september.

Comment

Working...
                                X