Biero - 6 Didn't have to do much, couldn't do anything about the goal
    Amiri- 7
    Kaanani - 5
    Shoja - 5
    Sadegh - 5

Nourollahi - 5
    Ezza - 7

JB - 8 MOM
    Gholizadeh - 7 (awful 2nd half, tempted to give him a 6 because of that)

Taremi - 3 Never seen him this weak, tired, sloppy, lazy
    Azmoun - 4 My man was never in the right place at the right time, Played with no energy what so ever

Milmo - 5 Crosses the ball like he's a NFL punter
    Saman - 5 ineffective, no wonder he barely touches the ball in the Championship

Kaveh - 5 invisible
    Torabi - 7 did very well in the limited time he was given

Karim - 7 Managed to get in the right position unlike our "World-class" strikers

Skocic - 4 Still can't tell the difference between him and wiltits. The team still looks like a collection of guys who just met eachother for the first time 5 minutes
    before the match. No gameplan.

The ref - 0 He can suck on one
    the pitch - 0 I have seen better football pitches in high school of Canada

AFC - 0

Iran vs Hong Kong Post Match Ratings

Beiranvand- 6 not tested much and conceded off a good header, not his fault

Amiri- 8 one of our best players today. What an engine

Kanaani 5.5- Had some lapses but otherwise was average at best, not tested much but was super lazy defending Hong Kong's goal. I prefer PAG much more

Shoja- 6.5 Better than Kanaani on the ball and was pretty solid.

Moharrami- 7 Did a solid job going forward. Had some good and bad crosses but mostly good.

Saeid- 6.5 Solid passing and pressing.

Nourollahi- 6.5 considering his poor form he could've been much worse.. Had a few decent shots including one that hit the post

Gholizadeh- 8.5 MOTM. Was awesome. Only issue is that his corners were kinda high but otherwise was great. Someone we badly need to break down IRQ and BHR

ARJ- 8 Again one of our best players today. Hand fed our strikers but they couldn't capitalize. Also had some great tackles, held possession really well, and made all the right passes. EPL really made him a better player.

Azmoun- 6.5 Was clearly trying to play it safe and avoiding getting a yellow. Had a shot that was slightly wide and had another one that was saved. Not as bad of a game from him than people are making it out to be.

Taremi- 5.5 Had good hold up play but otherwise was average at best. Not his best game.

SUBS:

Milad- 6.5 solid. good pace and energy

Karim- 7 Really good position and a nice goal from it. Has been in good form for team melli lately

Torabi- 7.5 Made some really good runs and passes, similar to ARJ in the first half

Rezaei- 6 had some decent runs

Ghoddos 6.5 Played pretty well. Had a nice corner and good ball movement and dribbling. Couldn't find the target though on his free kick and long shot.

Comment

LOL great minds think alike. I posted my threat a minute after you, so let me merge our threads.

Comment

Everything was poor. The pitch, the ref, the game, the camera, the weather. Disappointing.

Comment

The Good:
          -Amiri
          -JB
          -Gholi first half
          -Ezza
          -Torabi's one moment
          The Bad:
          -Skocic. why use rezaei who barely plays in league? where was ghaedi? where are the tactics?
          -Crossing and corners. how did we lose 95% of aerials in box:?
          The Ugly:
          -the pitch
          -referee missing 3-4 penalties for Iran
          -conceding to Hong Kong
          -Taremi, just horrendous. I would sub him off at halftime vs bahrain if he pulls the same crap
          -Azmoun

Comment

I had a whole post but its disappeared.!

Comment

Beiro-6. Nothing to do

Moharrami -6. He would have been higher rated had the goal not come from his side. Should be blocking that cross. Also lost track of the ball in one scene at backpost. His combos with Gholi were excellent in first half.

Shoja - 6. Solid but again involved with conceding of the goal.

Kanani - 6. Not much to do, but hope he is replaced with PAG vs Bahrain.

Amiri - 6.5. Great engine, good shot for his goal, I prefer him to play CM though. Final pass was not very good in the box.

Saeid - 6.5. Very solid in possession. Must be a starter for all 4 games (maybe minus cambodia)

Nourollahi - 6. He wasnt atrocious but still had some weird moments. Dont think he gives good coverage to the defense either, particularly when you compare him to Omid who he replaced.

Gholizadeh - 7. MOTM . Great 1st half. Faded in the second half but still created dangerous moments. His combos with Moharrami down right was our best offensive source.
              ARJ - 6.5. Also good performance, still think he looks very awkward dribbling at times, but his smart passing is something rare on this TM. He is not aggressive in his shooting or 1v1 play for TM or Club which is always one of his biggest downfalls, along with having low acceleration.

Azmoun - 5. He was cautious on that yellow card, avoided most physical contact. Still I thought he had some dangerous moments, nearly setup taremi in first half, had his own header go narrowly over, and had a good shit from outside box go just wide. I like that he has added outside of box shooting to his game

Taremi - 3. Worst game in TM shirt, not sure what was up with him. He needs to stop looking for the PKs as blatantly.

Subs :

Ghoddos - 6.5. His passing and movement is visibly better than almost all our players. We definitely had more creativity when he came on.

Karim - 6.5. Scored a goal and looked solid overall.

Kaveh - 6. Hold up play could have been better as usual, kept falling down, but got in some good positions. Probably should have got at least one shot on target in the box late on.

Torabi - 6.5. Great assist, but then again a couple moments of very bad decision making. That is the story of his career and the reason is bc he never left to Europe.

Milad- 6.5. A couple mediocre crosses but his passes into space down the line were very dangerous and good. Also played aggressive on defense like usual. Would prefer him to start at LB vs bahrain, shift amiri to CM with Ezatolahi.

Comment

Kanaani needs to be replaced by Hosseini or PAG. Amiri had a good game, but he's had so many bad ones that I don't think it justifies him starting as a lb

Comment

I wanted to post something but will have to do it later ... I am laughing to hard at Inarsenewetrust commending Azmoun on his shit outside the box 😂

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    Beiro-6. Nothing to do

Moharrami -6. He would have been higher rated had the goal not come from his side. Should be blocking that cross. Also lost track of the ball in one scene at backpost. His combos with Gholi were excellent in first half.

Shoja - 6. Solid but again involved with conceding of the goal.

Kanani - 6. Not much to do, but hope he is replaced with PAG vs Bahrain.

Amiri - 6.5. Great engine, good shot for his goal, I prefer him to play CM though. Final pass was not very good in the box.

Saeid - 6.5. Very solid in possession. Must be a starter for all 4 games (maybe minus cambodia)

Nourollahi - 6. He wasnt atrocious but still had some weird moments. Dont think he gives good coverage to the defense either, particularly when you compare him to Omid who he replaced.

Gholizadeh - 7. MOTM . Great 1st half. Faded in the second half but still created dangerous moments. His combos with Moharrami down right was our best offensive source.

ARJ - 6.5. Also good performance, still think he looks very awkward dribbling at times, but his smart passing is something rare on this TM. He is not aggressive in his shooting or 1v1 play for TM or Club which is always one of his biggest downfalls, along with having low acceleration.

Azmoun - 5. He was cautious on that yellow card, avoided most physical contact. Still I thought he had some dangerous moments, nearly setup taremi in first half, had his own header go narrowly over, and had a good shit from outside box go just wide. I like that he has added outside of box shooting to his game

Taremi - 3. Worst game in TM shirt, not sure what was up with him. He needs to stop looking for the PKs as blatantly.

Subs :

Karim - 6.5. Scored a goal and looked solid overall.

Kaveh - 6. Hold up play could have been better as usual, kept falling down, but got in some good positions. Probably should have got at least one shot on target in the box late on.

Torabi - 6.5. Great assist, but then again a couple moments of very bad decision making. That is the story of his career and the reason is bc he never left to Europe.

Milad- 6.5. A couple mediocre crosses but his passes into space down the line were very dangerous and good. Also played aggressive on defense like usual. Would prefer him to start at LB vs bahrain, shift amiri to CM with Ezatolahi.
                    You forgot Saman. He was great!

Comment

Beiranvand- 6 didn't do much, HK goal wasn't his fault

Amiri- 8 played very good on the left side. one of the 4 best players. Definitely should play in the Bahrain and Iraq games.

Kanaani 4 - No reason to give up that goal! He needs to be placed on the bench for Bahrain game. Play him in the Cambodia game.

Shoja- 6 Solid performance. Might benefit from playing him again in the next game.

Moharrami- 7 Really solid performance. I think the RB spot is his now for good.

Saeid- 6 Nothing too impressive, just solid.

Nourollahi- 5 Not the biggest fan of him starting. Takes questionable shots sometimes.

Gholizadeh- 8 Always looks very crisp dribbling and attacking the defense. Beautiful goal that really set the tempo. Did well to make up for Azmoun and Taremi being silent

ARJ- 8 Great performance by ARJ. Felt like he was finally due a great TM performance for a while now.

Azmoun- 5 Nowhere to be found and looked sloppy.

Taremi- 4 Worst player for us. He needs to wake up for the Bahrain game.

SUBS:

Milad- 6 Solid
                      Karim- 7 Very nice goal and brings in good experience

Torabi- 8 He is becoming a great super sub for TM... Basically does what Gholizadeh does as a sub

Rezaei- 5 ehhh, rather have played Ghaedi here

Ghoddos 6 solid

Comment

Did someone understood the gameplan?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                          Did someone understood the gameplan?
                          Win and get 3 points

Comment

Beiranvand - 6 not tested today, but needs to step up and organize his line in the post-CQ era
                            Amiri - 6.5 another workhorse display and great to see his capability at LB. That said, wasn't challenged defensively and was able to move forward with ease. I was surprised to see how slow he is, but I guess at LB the lack of straight line speed becomes more glaring.
                            Kanaani - 5 very little to do today, but was a potential culprit on the conceded goal. Why does our backline keep falling asleep?!
                            Shoja - 5 same as above, but I don't like to see him moving forward as often as he did. Shaky on the ball, and this won't play out well against better opposition.
                            Moharrami - 7 Much like Amiri, but was particularly strong going forward. Excited to have him here. Lets see what he brings defensively when tested.
                            Eza - 7 solid display. Sounds like the HK coach was very worried about him. Helpful to have an enforcer, although between him and Shoja I'm worried about how that may play out in terms of cards and fouls at some point.
                            Nourollahi - 6.5 happy to see his continued development. He contributed a bit on offense in addition to working as a DM. I worry about him getting caught out of position, but no issues today.
                            Gholizadeh - 6.5 the creativity is there, the work ethic and the great goal. But the corners were terrible and consistently high, passes to runners were missed or late, and others were intercepted. Very mixed bag.
                            Jahanbaskhsh - 8 all around effort here, was the most creative player and best passer. Created opportunities and, perhaps most importantly, provided steady leadership for the players and worked the ref as needed. All you need to do is look back at the Japan AC game to see how important on-field leadership is for us. Alireza has found his calling! As for Hajsafi, I'm not as down on his playing as others, but he is a terrible captain and only works to rattle his own players with his approach to the ref and others. PLEASE KEEP ARJ AS OUR CAPTAIN!
                            Azmoun - 6 the display was lacking considering the number of opportunities he had, some which were very close. That said, HK packed the box.
                            Taremi- 5 didn't look like he wanted to be here. Wasn't a striker (I think), but was working like one. I wonder if, now that he's a superstar, there is a bit of a mentality shift for him.

SUBS:

Mohammadi - 6 fine performance, but arguably less impactful than Amiri going forward.
                            Ansarifard - 6.5 the man "clicks" when called to play. We really cannot underestimate how useful that is. We have stars on this team, but not all of them have chemistry when called-up to TM. That puts him firmly as our #3 striker behind the uber-talented Azmoun and Taremi. Had a nice goal today that underscores his place.
                            Torabi - 6.5 solid runs and dribbles coming in as a sub. Adds a different dimension to our arsenal when he plays in this way. That said, not sure I trust him as a full 90 player. Never the best head on him.
                            Rezaei - 5 not particularly notable. Not very effective either, considering how the other three strikers threatened HK. Far behind Karim in terms of how we fits into TM.
                            Ghoddos - 6 decent corners, played fine, but wasn't able to do what Alireza J. did (assuming his marching orders were the same). Shots weren't very good. I'm still very hopeful for Saman's potential in TM, which has only been scratched.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                              Kanaani needs to be replaced by Hosseini or PAG. Amiri had a good game, but he's had so many bad ones that I don't think it justifies him starting as a lb
                              Amiri has been one of the consistently good players for TM and Persepolis in the past 6 years. I don't get the hate for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X