Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Hong Kong; Info, Updates & Live Reports (03.06.21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM goals vs. HK

Comment

Comment

Honestly, the most positive thing for me from this match going into the one with Bahrain is that we played MUCH better in the 2nd half (faster, more creativity, more depth, etc.) than we did in the 1st.

For me, that shows the the boys were gelling together much better after only 45 minutes given our lack of preparation AND that Skocic's impact on the team was positive. Don't forget, no one had scored 3 goals on Hong Kong so far.

The next match will be a tough do or die, in the opponent's field (even though we're supposed to have home advantage) against a parked bus and lots of anti-football tactics and unsportsman behaviour.

But at the end of the day, if we want to be a regular in WC's, we need to rise above these situations and I think we will. Actually, I'm pretty sure we will and a win will practically guarantee us passage to the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Typical Iranian k**n goshadi.
          Its exactly how we have been scored on every time in this damn tournament.
          Sadly enough Nokhodi jaan, since departure of Carlos Queiroz, our defense is getting back to its old days sooraakh defense. Ironically ever since he left, TM is conceding stupid goals.

I never forget in our last World Cup qualification, we were the only team without having been scored on until our very last game against Syria. I well remember how pissed Queiroz was for conceding that goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same opinion as everyone else, this match would have been okay as friendly before a WC match, at least we could have had a friendly against a 5th divison team of Iran or whatever.
            I hope that it helped prepare for Bahrain, since with that players we normaly should beat Bahrain by 5 goals if we had a real federation.

Comment

Guys,

I rewatched the game. We had 90% possession and constant passing. They had literally 9 to 10 men in defense. No matter how poor you are as a team, if your objective is to defend defend defend, it is difficult in such an important game, first game without friendlies, bad pitch, bad ref, and hot weather to be any better.

I thought eZzi was dominating the air. Boys passings were pretty good. The plays and additional of wingers was great. We lacked finishing and focus but it will come. Taremi didn’t have such a bad game. Relax, it’s the first against an all D.

Overall, happy with the performance

Comment

Being the second team in Asia and having no weight in its federation is absolutely unforgivable. But we need to over come these obstacles at some point afc will give up. Advantage of having an out spoken coach with caliber as CQ was these things were better managed. Our midfield is key in the game against Bahrain, hopefully we have a plan.
                United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

On a random note I can’t find any good recent highlight videos of Gholizadeh. Feels like he’s been tearing things up the past 2 years for club and country but nothing on YouTube!

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                    Gaedy would of been perfect for this match since
                    EIN BAZI BAZIKON DRIB ZAN MIKHAST and
                    Both golozadeh and ansarifar goals was indication of that.
                    Good observation...when the bus is parked, you need players who can penetrate the box and create chances
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

many of you guys have covered what I wanted to say.
                      just a couple of points tho'

1- I doubt either taremi or azmoun even got out of their 2nd gear. I Hope it was coach's instructions to take it easy and not push too hard or tire themselves. Take it as a warm up.
                      This fits well with most of what we saw from them. Except perhaps I would have liked to take both out by min 55-60.

2- Bahrain game.
                      I wld love it if we rape the bloody buggers on their home ground. Nothing makes me more happy.
                      And we can very well beat them. We SHOULD on all accounts, on paper or otherwise, squad and experience and int'l exposure ... etc. point to that.
                      But realistically, even a draw would favor us than them.
                      and that means they have to eventually come out of their traditional cocoon. and thats when we hit them.

3- Cambodia's game seems pretty much insignificant for us. So our B team can handle them, allowing much needed rest to the A team for the final game.

4- Why on earth were there no drink breaks (at least I didnt notice)?
                      AFC ought to know better.

5- extremely happy with Ezzi's vision & ball distribution.
                      He almost does the job of two players. We better keep him safe and fit.

Comment

That was worst performance by our national team
                        As long as as i been following them since the 1984 asian cup
                        Players like sardar and taremi had no urgency and where playing in a way so they dont get their shirts dirty.
                        The poor result thats a different story but to see no passion with them 2 GAVE ME HEADACHE specialy sardar
                        Memo to taremi and sardar
                        Next time you get called up DONT COME IF YOU THINK YOUR s.... dont stinks.

We needed goals and loys of goals and this hk team was weak as it comes and qe missed opportunity to have a legit shot at second place.
                        NOW WE HAVE TO BEAT BAHRAIN AND IRAQ TO FINISH 1ST
                        with 6 points and +2gd in the 2nd place table we have slim chance.

Take it easy dude.
                        They had a bad game but the most important game is vs Bahrain
                        They both helped TM many many times so saying they probably was saving their legs or didn't care is harsh

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Sadly enough Nokhodi jaan, since departure of Carlos Queiroz, our defense is getting back to its old days sooraakh defense. Ironically ever since he left, TM is conceding stupid goals.

I never forget in our last World Cup qualification, we were the only team without having been scored on until our very last game against Syria. I well remember how pissed Queiroz was for conceding that goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I am as big a CQ fan as you can find, but the reason we had a good defense was because CQ allocated more resources to it and less resources offensively. It does not matter 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or whatever... Each player has a responsibility and for example, yesterday, we were playing with 4 defenders and Moharami and Amiri/Mohammadi were playing far higher on the pitch than anytime under CQ. They were playing more as wingers than right and left fullbacks. There are consequences to this. Yes, you score more goals, but you give up a silly goal here and there. Under CQ, we did not score many goals either.

BTW, I watched the game again last night. Moharami was completely gassed after 65th minute. We don't see what led to the Hong Kong goal but the video picks up from Moharami not covering his winger well, the guy sends in a nice cross and header for the goal. I think Moharami will have a more defensive role against Bahrain and may be able to conserve his energy better for 90 minutes, but if he keeps doing the overlapping runs to the wing, he may need a sub after 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                            I am as big a CQ fan as you can find, but the reason we had a good defense was because CQ allocated more resources to it and less resources offensively. It does not matter 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or whatever... Each player has a responsibility and for example, yesterday, we were playing with 4 defenders and Moharami and Amiri/Mohammadi were playing far higher on the pitch than anytime under CQ. They were playing more as wingers than right and left fullbacks. There are consequences to this. Yes, you score more goals, but you give up a silly goal here and there. Under CQ, we did not score many goals either.

BTW, I watched the game again last night. Moharami was completely gassed after 65th minute. We don't see what led to the Hong Kong goal but the video picks up from Moharami not covering his winger well, the guy sends in a nice cross and header for the goal. I think Moharami will have a more defensive role against Bahrain and may be able to conserve his energy better for 90 minutes, but if he keeps doing the overlapping runs to the wing, he may need a sub after 60 minutes.
                            Im surprised skocic played him full game (I think esmailifar would have been fine for last 20 mins) given that prior to this he has just played 60 mins in past 4 months. He definitely did not look at sharp/focussed as pre injury but obviously that is pretty normal after a long layoff

Comment

That was worst performance by our national team
                              As long as as i been following them since the 1984 asian cup
                              Players like sardar and taremi had no urgency and where playing in a way so they dont get their shirts dirty.
                              The poor result thats a different story but to see no passion with them 2 GAVE ME HEADACHE specialy sardar
                              Memo to taremi and sardar
                              Next time you get called up DONT COME IF YOU THINK YOUR s.... dont stinks.
                              We needed goals and loys of goals and this hk team was weak as it comes and qe missed opportunity to have a legit shot at second place.
                              NOW WE HAVE TO BEAT BAHRAIN AND IRAQ TO FINISH 1ST
                              with 6 points and +2gd in the 2nd place table we have slim chance.
                              I am all in for 4 catastrophic performances but 4 wins 1/0.
                              Just the result matters

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                                we were ok in first half second half we were better
                                we had rust issues, our legioners were abit tired as well, but since we have 5 subs against bahrain , we can beat them , in fact we have to beat them!
                                I agree and am hoping for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X