Let's pray for Nanu / It is high time for new rules by FIFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    and i'd say fk all that over elaborate safety protocols for professional football and most other professional sports for that matter..!
    its a job afterall and a very handsomely paid one @ that..!!
    you could get hurt or killed doing any job and many more people die far more frequently on freak job accidents everyday than the professional players ..!!
    so long the injury numbers and death dont explode outa proportion .... Dont fk with the game ..!! especially with soccer/football..!!
    I think you would have loved living in 10 BC in Rome going to the colosseum every week watching gladiators fighting lions, bears and tigers preferably with bare hands.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
      I think you would have loved living in 10 BC in Rome going to the colosseum every week watching gladiators fighting lions, bears and tigers preferably with bare hands.
      Damn Straight ..!!

i mean these fkers job ultimately is to entertain the fans who ultimately fork up the big bocks to spoil them ...!! too much bs precautions and Porto games will become as boring to watch as that of Antwerp's..!!

it's like the difference between NBA back in the 90s and nowadays..!! Not even remotely as exciting to follow anymore as it used to be back in Jordan/bird/barkley days..!

Comment

Players have been heading the ball since the creation of the game and there has been no report of the effect of heading whatsoever.
        https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-study-finds/

Heading causes instant brain changes.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-study-finds/

Heading causes instant brain changes.

In the article/report actually they say it 'may' cause brain change/damage. I am sure with the latest technology you can reduce the impact of the ball on the head and it is surprising that nothing has been done.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic

Comment

In the article/report actually they say it 'may' cause brain change/damage. I am sure with the latest technology you can reduce the impact of the ball on the head and it is surprising that nothing has been done.
            Of course. A strong correlation does not equal causation. BTW anyone see the Alan Shearer doc on this topic?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41902953

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Of course. A strong correlation does not equal causation. BTW anyone see the Alan Shearer doc on this topic?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41902953

Thank you for these links. It is a settled argument that heading can cause brain damage and it does to quite a lot of people. But heading the ball is also an important part of the 11 aside football. So banning it might be a bit too much. A specially designed ball or finding a pressure for the ball that does not hurt the head might help.
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you for these links. It is a settled argument that heading can cause brain damage and it does to quite a lot of people. But heading the ball is also an important part of the 11 aside football. So banning it might be a bit too much. A specially designed ball or finding a pressure for the ball that does not hurt the head might help.
                Fighting used to be an essential aspect of hockey but now it is all but eliminated. So was playing without a helmet. We know more now than we did then...sports will adapt as will football.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  i mean these fkers job ultimately is to entertain the fans who ultimately fork up the big bocks to spoil them ...!!
                  Just curious.....would you have that same perspective if one of your kids was a soccer player?
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

to be fair i do find myself getting migraines after i head a ball

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                      to be fair i do find myself getting migraines after i head a ball
                      you should avoid heading man. I did when I played . The ball sometimes felt like solid sphere brick that even hurt my foot and ankle. there was no way I would let it come near my head.
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic

Comment

you should avoid heading man. I did when I played . The ball sometimes felt like solid sphere brick that even hurt my foot and ankle. there was no way I would let it come near my head.
                        i play center back so i unfortunately dont have an option but as long as it helps the team im fine with it

Comment

http://www.thejeffastlefoundation.co.uk/

Just want to leave this link here , there has been enough scientific research and investigations into players getting dementia when they are older and the links to being football players.

Comment

Did anyone watch the Maritimo vs Santa Caral game? There was a sub striker who came in for Santa and had a helmet on. Jean Patric I think. I had seen that head support only worn by Petr Cech Goal keeper before. Maybe what happened to Nanu has triggered an awareness. Anyway it seems that players can wear head protection. Maybe we will see that more often by players more concerned about it.
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Just curious.....would you have that same perspective if one of your kids was a soccer player?
                              No
                              I thought I specified in my earlier post Professional Players ..!?
                              Not those armatures playing mostly for basic participation & health promotion , hobby reasons ..!
                              Same with those playing for schools/even colleges ..! Their primary jobs are something else than playing & they don’t get the big bucks for the risks that they're undertaking ..!

It’s like the dude holding the slow-sign on the highway construction zone ..! It’s an easy enough of a job but often they’re paid 2-3times that of say a soda jerk ..! because they are also 6-10 times more likely to get hit by a car & pay the ultimate price ....! so their excessive seeming pay is hence well ju$tified by their risk undertakings..!
                              Ps
                              Off course there is a limit to my way of reasoning too ..! If serious injuries become way too prevalent & frequent then certain precautionary measures should be taken to address it ..!
                              But someone getting totally knocked da faqout & paralyzed etc is a rather rare occurrence in football/soccer so I wouldn’t want the game messed with too much ..!
                              But I can be ok with players choosing to wear low-profile protective headband if they so desire to prevent from possible brain injuries from repeated headers ... especially so for CBs perhaps should be a mandated thing ..!?There’s a huge impact levels to one’s head from header clearances from MF/Backline where the high ball often comes right @ you often with a tremendous velocity & force and perhaps more optional for an attacker who primarily is tasked with just redirect or flicking a header ball..!
                              Last edited by BacheLot; 02-09-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X