Let's pray for Nanu / It is high time for new rules by FIFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's pray for Nanu / It is high time for new rules by FIFA

First of all let us all pray for Nanu of FC Porto who sustained an unnecessary injury. Hope he recovers fast and returns to play soon.
    There are already some fouls punished by red cards in this beautiful game but a few remain that are not addressed at all. Fouling is the ugly side of football. There is nothing joyful about it for the players and spectators. It turns the game into a battle ground that looks nothing like football and often the results of a match can be very unfair if particularly these fouls are not called by the referee. There is already a red card punishment for:
    Committing particularly violent or serious foul
    Using foul language (either against your opponent or your own team!)
    Receiving a second yellow card
    But discretion is given to the ref to decide whether the foul was violent or not.
    However, there are certain fouls that should automatically be given a red card when it takes place. One of these is the punching of the ball by the keeper. When a keeper punches the ball often the ball is very close to the players’ heads and if he misses he could punch the player’s head instead and that happens often. In Nanu’s situation there were two violent fouls: one was the defender’s raised foot to his head and the other was keeper’s fists, both of them, with full force meaning to punch the ball but instead hitting Nau’s head.
    It is high time that FIFA revises some of the fouls and brings in new rules to protect the player’s safety and make this game more pleasant and joyous to watch. Keepers punching the ball should be disallowed as this could cause serious injuries as we witnessed last night.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

This will be addressed by the banning of heading which is where the game will ultimately go thanks to scientific studies into the long-term effects of heading. Chuck it in with arab state backed fundingand general money laundering, new handball rules, European super leagues and VAR in what is an unrelenting attack on our beautiful game which will have it lifeless within the next 10 years probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      This will be addressed by the banning of heading which is where the game will ultimately go thanks to scientific studies into the long-term effects of heading. Chuck it in with arab state backed fundingand general money laundering, new handball rules, European super leagues and VAR in what is an unrelenting attack on our beautiful game which will have it lifeless within the next 10 years probably.
      Players have been heading the ball since the creation of the game and there has been no report of the effect of heading whatsoever.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
        First of all let us all pray for Nanu of FC Porto who sustained an unnecessary injury. Hope he recovers fast and returns to play soon.
        There are already some fouls punished by red cards in this beautiful game but a few remain that are not addressed at all. Fouling is the ugly side of football. There is nothing joyful about it for the players and spectators. It turns the game into a battle ground that looks nothing like football and often the results of a match can be very unfair if particularly these fouls are not called by the referee. There is already a red card punishment for:
        Committing particularly violent or serious foul
        Using foul language (either against your opponent or your own team!)
        Receiving a second yellow card
        But discretion is given to the ref to decide whether the foul was violent or not.
        However, there are certain fouls that should automatically be given a red card when it takes place. One of these is the punching of the ball by the keeper. When a keeper punches the ball often the ball is very close to the players’ heads and if he misses he could punch the player’s head instead and that happens often. In Nanu’s situation there were two violent fouls: one was the defender’s raised foot to his head and the other was keeper’s fists, both of them, with full force meaning to punch the ball but instead hitting Nau’s head.
        It is high time that FIFA revises some of the fouls and brings in new rules to protect the player’s safety and make this game more pleasant and joyous to watch. Keepers punching the ball should be disallowed as this could cause serious injuries as we witnessed last night.

Keepers not allowed to punch the ball IN CASE they hit a player? Not sure what makes you think this is a good idea and it's definitely not happening. Keepers need to be able to punch to properly clear the ball, and it's very rare that a player gets punched like that. Barely ever happens period. No argument there.

Should they also stop slide tackles, considering that they CONSTANTLY result in injuries? No.

Just because this one rare incident occurred, doesn't mean the rules change.

It's all part of the game, and the risk players take to play competitive professional football.

Comment

Players have been heading the ball since the creation of the game and there has been no report of the effect of heading whatsoever.
          The effects have just not been understood but it's coming to light now with increased research and studies on the subject matter drawing a direct link between heading in football and dementia.

Comment

Loll the banning of heading? You really think this is gonna happen and players will just stand there and stare at the ball while it's in the air? I can guarantee you this won't ever happen.

How many players have you noticed with brain injuries and problems due to heading? You don't even hear about this in players after retirement. Not gonna happen man loll

Comment

The effects have just not been understood but it's coming to light now with increased research and studies on the subject matter drawing a direct link between heading in football and dementia.
              Any Links?
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                Keepers not allowed to punch the ball IN CASE they hit a player? Not sure what makes you think this is a good idea and it's definitely not happening. Keepers need to be able to punch to properly clear the ball, and it's very rare that a player gets punched like that. Barely ever happens period. No argument there.

Should they also stop slide tackles, considering that they CONSTANTLY result in injuries? No.

Just because this one rare incident occurred, doesn't mean the rules change.

It's all part of the game, and the risk players take to play competitive professional football.
                Players do get hit on the head by keepers trying to punch the ball. Head injuries are serious injuries which is different to other injuries. Keepers don't have to punch the ball. They can slap it away if they can't catch the ball. Punching could result in serious head injuries.
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                  Loll the banning of heading? You really think this is gonna happen and players will just stand there and stare at the ball while it's in the air? I can guarantee you this won't ever happen.

How many players have you noticed with brain injuries and problems due to heading? You don't even hear about this in players after retirement. Not gonna happen man loll
                  It's at early stages of research and awareness. The ban can be simply brought in by making the use of the head the same as that ofthe hand so ooerationally it's very much feasible. It's already been given a soft ban for Under 11s in training in England. Read below link.

Any Links?
                  This is a good summary:

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/blog/f...-dementia-risk

Comment

It's at early stages of research and awareness. The ban can be simply brought in by making the use of the head the same as that ofthe hand so ooerationally it's very much feasible. It's already been given a soft ban for Under 11s in training in England. Read below link.
                    This is a good summary:
                    https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/blog/f...-dementia-risk
                    thanks for the link. There is always a way around resolving this issue. The ball could be intelligently redsigned so that it does not cause injuries to the head. Softer material? less pressure? the pressure on some balls is so high that it feels like kicking a rock I remember from the days playing sunday league football.

P.S.
                    The linked study concludes:

It’s very rare for dementia to be caused by a single factor. Although evidence of a link between playing football and dementia has increased, the studies so far have not considered all these other factors.

It is also important to remember that the studies so far have been in professional footballers. We encourage taking care when it comes to noticing and recording head injuries. However, there is not enough evidence to give advice about whether playing football at an amateur level may affect your risk of dementia.

Evidence does show that exercise is one of the best ways to reduce your risk of dementia. We encourage everyone to enjoy any kind of sport as safely as possible.
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

Or possibly head protection akin to those Petr Cech helmets? You'd think technology could solve it but looking at the implementation of VAR and the fact Rugby is going through the same scrutiny, maybe it's just best we all sit at home watch egames and cheer on our new robotic overlords.

Comment

***pray***

until we still believe in such BS that praying does ANYTHING, none of the problems in our country will change.

80 million Iranians prayed for days for Ansarian and in the end he passed.

The day our nation stops believing in khorafat like praying as they'd achieve jackshit, is the day we can start moving forward

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                          ***pray***

until we still believe in such BS that praying does ANYTHING, none of the problems in our country will change.

The day our nation stops believing in khorafat like praying as they'd achieve jackshit, is the day we can start moving forward
                          Praying is often a form of emotional coping. I don't want to take that away from people who are at their wit's end.

Comment

***pray***

Praying is not a superstitious act. It is an act of human kindness which is fast disappearing. Simply wishing someone well is a form of praying. Lighting a candle for someone is good positive energy. These acts are humane acts. Let's stay humane and kind.
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

***pray***
                              Only on PFDC can thread about a Portuguese player possibly being disabled, turn into a discussion about about Iran's social/political issues.

as for the injury, Unlike the Jimenez injury, I don't think this is the type of collision that could really be avoided by banning heading. This was just a brutal accident ( although could have been avoided if the goalie was a bit smarter). The spinal damage came from him his neck bending weird when he hit the ground.
                              Last edited by The; 02-05-2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X