This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Great. So the solution is money. Let's pay Skocic as much we did Cq...then compare. Otherwise financial issues need to be dealt with by IFF. We don't know what Skocic is demanding of IFF. Time will tell. Let's see his plan first instead of hypothetical and assumptions. Persecuting Skocic before we know is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    if issue is monetary and we are saving money by having sko wouldnt that give him more leeway to demand top preparation?

Issue is, if we wait until chances for preparation ends and do not put pressure on IFF/skocic to demand more from them it will be too late

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      if issue is monetary and we are saving money by having sko wouldnt that give him more leeway to demand top preparation?

Issue is, if we wait until chances for preparation ends and do not put pressure on IFF/skocic to demand more from them it will be too late
      You can plant all the agar and shayads you want. We won't know. Your only argument that I support as of right now is can we get a timely response as to what TM, IFF, and Skocic plan to prepare for WC is.

For heavens sake they asked Dalic what he knew about his opponents and he said nothing. Said that preparing for Canada and others will start soon. Southgate has similar comments about TM.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        You can plant all the agar and shayads you want. We won't know. Your only argument that I support as of right now is can we get a timely response as to what TM, IFF, and Skocic plan to prepare for WC is.
        For heavens sake they asked Dalic what he knew about his opponents and he said nothing. Said that preparing for Canada and others will start soon. Southgate has similar comments about TM.
        great. Those federations have a history of putting together very detailed and successful preparation plans. Do we? Please recall such planning work in iran in best case scenario will function at half the speed of normal countries

Issue I have with your way of thinking is it implies that we should generally eliminate all expectation, not ask for the application of any pressure on a notoriously koon goshad and incompetent federation, and then only when it is too late and shit has hit the fan will we be allowed to ask what the fuck is going on. By which time only recourse left will be : Try again in 4 years

Comment

I think you identify the problems correctly, but...

Unfortunately I don't think anything can be done about it. IFF doesn't give a flying fuck what the fans. No government institution in Iran does. And Skocic was put in charge precisely because he doesn't give a shit. He's going to punch in, keep his head down and do what he can with the most talented generation Iranian players. If the players pull off some individual magic just based on their level talent he looks good, if they don't he will get the boot and goes somewhere in the Persian gulf and get a contract based on the fact that he has "national team coach" on his resume (see Branko).

Speculating about what the right approach is a way to kill time and escape from reality, but to think any of this actually makes a difference in an undemocratic corrupt nation who's shown for decades they give absolutely zero fucks about what's best for their country... come on man.

Basically... no point in "hers khordan". crack a cold one (or light a fatty), kick back, say a salavat and hope the boys can pull a rabbit out of their ass.

Comment

kit quality and supply for WC was solved (Ended up forcing IFF to buy adidas rather than the BS "contracts" with middlemen they were signing)

PEC was built. At least SKO doesnt have to worry about this, or else I am sure he would be gladly training on whatever public park level pitch they threw at TM

Friendlies to a large extent pre WC were sorted out (algeria, Tunisia gave us best possible prep for morocco and we delivered 3 pts. Russia game helped us get better gage of where the team was physically. Turkey game helped a lot and exposed our weaknesses, etc. Lot of this was done with CQs own contacts. He took matters into his own hands. And still, we were a couple top friendlies short of ideal preparation.

May not be Sko's style to complain publicly, but if in the end the preparation is subpar then he will be partially responsible as well, as his supposed tactic of "handling" things internally will not have paid off.

Time will tell. One thing is for sure. Having players complaining about situation and preparation but not the headcoach is a bizarre look that doesnt scream unity.
            It is easier to remove a coach than several players

Comment

great. Those federations have a history of putting together very detailed and successful preparation plans. Do we? Please recall such planning work in iran in best case scenario will function at half the speed of normal countries

Issue I have with your way of thinking is it implies that we should generally eliminate all expectation, not ask for the application of any pressure on a notoriously koon goshad and incompetent federation, and then only when it is too late and shit has hit the fan will we be allowed to ask what the fuck is going on. By which time only recourse left will be : Try again in 4 years
              No. Not at all. Right now we should demand a timely plan. Evaluate it and then put additional pressures. We need to create a culture of accountability as the Wilmots experience clearly showed.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Holly sh*t. The amount of BS here is unbearable.

Skocic is presenting his preparation plan tomorrow. There are some here that think he should complain about lack of planning before he has even presented his plan to IFF. Any plan prepared before the draw would have been a BS plan. We had to wait for the draw and see our opponents first. He is presenting it exactly 2 days after the draw.

Worrying times, indeed worrying times about some of our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  I think you identify the problems correctly, but...

Unfortunately I don't think anything can be done about it. IFF doesn't give a flying fuck what the fans. No government institution in Iran does. And Skocic was put in charge precisely because he doesn't give a shit. He's going to punch in, keep his head down and do what he can with the most talented generation Iranian players. If the players pull off some individual magic just based on their level talent he looks good, if they don't he will get the boot and goes somewhere in the Persian gulf and get a contract based on the fact that he has "national team coach" on his resume (see Branko).

Speculating about what the right approach is a way to kill time and escape from reality, but to think any of this actually makes a difference in an undemocratic corrupt nation who's shown for decades they give absolutely zero fucks about what's best for their country... come on man.

Basically... no point in "hers khordan". crack a cold one (or light a fatty), kick back, say a salavat and hope the boys can pull a rabbit out of their ass.
                  Exactly! Many are delusional or very dreamy in thinking the iff or iri care about anything other than robbing the nation blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                    Holly sh*t. The amount of BS here is unbearable.
                    Skocic is presenting his preparation plan tomorrow. There are some here that think he should complain about lack of planning before he has even presented his plan to IFF. Any plan prepared before the draw would have been a BS plan. We had to wait for the draw and see our opponents first. He is presenting it exactly 2 days after the draw.
                    Worrying times, indeed worrying times about some of our fans.
                    Farzafarhangni jaan, why was any plan before the draw a BS plan? Anyone who has done minimal project management knows that you could always start with a plan for plan with many assumptions. Even the final plan has assumptions and risk management section. Certain elements of plan like fitness, COVID-19 risk management, sports psychology, etc. could have been done after 1/27 when TM qualified. Even for friendlies, we could have approached many nations and start the conversation in the two months we have wasted. I have welcomed the fact that Skocic will finally present a plan to Maajedi tomorrow yet let's bring urgency to this since two months (20% of the time we had from qualification to WC) were wasted with inaction and kicking the can down the road. They could have at least printed a copy of CQ's 2008 and update it. This is not BS. Let's calm down and appreciate constructive criticism.

The sad fact is that Iranian spots media for the most part has turned into cheap tabloid "journalism" that pursues sensationalism for the most part. Just read Varzesh3 headlines. They are the ones who should have demanded this and asked why IFF is sitting on its behind and waiting for the draw. Now our players have to come in and demand action. If IFF shares any elements of the plan, I will provide constructive feedback.

BTW, I have worked long enough in private and public sectors in the U.S. to know what incompetence is. People just meet and make decisions to meet again. That is one definition of incompetence when meetings are not working meetings and they don't accomplish anything specific or measurable. People just go from meeting to meeting and pretend that they are productive while deep down they know they are not.

Go TM!

Comment

"We must prepare to death"

Comment

"We need proper preparation and friendly matches.

Comment

OMG!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            OMG!
                            Idiot probably saw Iraq ….

Comment

^^^^

And THE STORY of my entire life living in uk just flashed infront of my eyes.

Khareji man : Where are you from
                              Me: Iran
                              Khareji Man: Oh very nice, you're from Iraq
                              Me: No No I'm from iran ... You know persia ... Like persian cat? Persian carpet ?
                              Khareji man: Oh wow yea yea , so your egypt's neighbor country. Very nice
                              Me: (FML) -_-

That was until 2010 . Then Ahmadi nejhad came along and shit got tense.

Comment

Almost all of our players are talking about having good camps and friendly matches and then we have some members here who are looking for some random managers to take over LOL . Saeed, Milad , Karim , Gholizadeh , Taremi ....etc... all are asking for some decent friendly matches and preparations.

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/249...B1%D8%A7%D9%86
                                https://video.varzesh3.com/video/249...A7%D9%86%DB%8C

Comment

Working...
                                X