This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Seems like Lebanon missing 7-8 starters lets see if Sko starting some kids like Hosseinzadeh, Allahyar etc or stick to wonders such as Hajsafi...
    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Skocic has developed zero players - expect this to continue.

The coward will take no chances. For him, beating the likes of Iraq and Lebanon is the height of his coaching career.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

But but but but...the legionnaires don't respect or like Skocic...

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Skocic has developed zero players - expect this to continue.

The coward will take no chances. For him, beating the likes of Iraq and Lebanon is the height of his coaching career.
      Calling a guy took a job no one wanted a coward seems so fitting...you've clearly got an agenda...we get it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

“Team Melli star Sardar Azmoun poses for a photo with an unidentified Croatian fan during a training session of the national team.”

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
          But but but but...the legionnaires don't respect or like Skocic...

Calling a guy took a job no one wanted a coward seems so fitting...you've clearly got an agenda...we get it.

It's not an agenda, O-Zone jan. It's a fact he has not introduced anyone new or good into TM - the coward takes no risks, not even against the likes of Lebanon. He has used the same players and made tons of terrible player selection and subs (i.e. Gholami subbed as RB while Hardani sat home, starting all 3 of Milad-Ehsan-Omid, putting in an injured Shoja in there from the beginning etc.)

We were two injury-time goals away from losing to Lebanon ...

Please don't tell me Iran's job is one that no one wanted. We got a World Class manager in Carlos Queiroz when TM was in MUCH worser shape (i.e. didn't have a world-class front two, didn't have 4 really good centre-backs etc.). As long as the money is right and the TM is good, most great managers will take a job. That narrative won't work.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

It's not an agenda, O-Zone jan. It's a fact he has not introduced anyone new or good into TM - the coward takes no risks, not even against the likes of Lebanon. He has used the same players and made tons of terrible player selection and subs (i.e. Gholami subbed as RB while Hardani sat home, starting all 3 of Milad-Ehsan-Omid, putting in an injured Shoja in there from the beginning etc.)

We were two injury-time goals away from losing to Lebanon ...

Please don't tell me Iran's job is one that no one wanted. We got a World Class manager in Carlos Queiroz when TM was in MUCH worser shape (i.e. didn't have a world-class front two, didn't have 4 really good centre-backs etc.). As long as the money is right and the TM is good, most great managers will take a job. That narrative won't work.
            Then why didn't anyone take the job after Wilmots? Also some of these new players...haven't faired well in TM. I actually like his protective approach. Expect to see more of Allahyar soon and others. He's not gonna risk their confidence by throwing younger inexperienced playersh to the wolves....particularly in hostile SK with a depleted lineup.

He has 1 job...win and put his strongest team together. Player development starts before Skocic and he has to look at his entire talent pool. Even Cq understood this and we didn't all agree with his choices...Hajsafi, Shojaie, dismissal of Khalatbari and Gucci...

Comment

Then why didn't anyone take the job after Wilmots? Also some of these new players...haven't faired well in TM. I actually like his protective approach. Expect to see more of Allahyar soon and others. He's not gonna risk their confidence by throwing younger inexperienced playersh to the wolves....particularly in hostile SK with a depleted lineup.
              He has 1 job...win and put his strongest team together. Player development starts before Skocic and he has to look at his entire talent pool. Even Cq understood this and we didn't all agree with his choices...Hajsafi, Shojaie, dismissal of Khalatbari and Gucci...
              Who was offered the job? IFF needed someone to take Iranian rials. If they offered USD, many managers would be interested in the job.

Who are these "new players"? Name them. Put them in a position to fail, like he did with just-got-back-from-ACL-injury Aref Gholami as a RB, and that's how you destroy confidences.

Hardani was very good when given limited chances in TM, look at our first game vs. Syria, when he came on as a sub after this bozo manager put Jafar friggin' Salmani (a natural leftback) as a right-back (he also destroyed his confidence and has not been called again to TM). Another example of putting a player in a position to fail.

If you don't even know your own players' positions, you have no right to be a manager on any serious level.

Please don't compare CQ to this bozo. Their resumes and pedigree are on completely different levels. There is a reason why Dragan's managerial highlights come as a club manager in Azadegan and the Persian Gulf league.

Comment

Its not that Skocic’s job isn’t to develop or introduce young players. Just not every coach has that talent. You get what you pay for. If you pay for midtable IPL you get midtable IPL. If you pay for a coach with proven record of developing and winning with young players, you get Azmoun, JB, Ezat, Taremi. (Aka players who are carrying midtable IPL coach through qualificaion).

I mean the guy can’t even get the best out of Azmoun after 15 games. What do you expect him to do with Allahyar or even IPL youngsters. Just gotta get rid of him. He doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Comment

Who was offered the job? IFF needed someone to take Iranian rials. If they offered USD, many managers would be interested in the job.

Who are these "new players"? Name them. Put them in a position to fail, like he did with just-got-back-from-ACL-injury Aref Gholami as a RB, and that's how you destroy confidences.

Hardani was very good when given limited chances in TM, look at our first game vs. Syria, when he came on as a sub after this bozo manager put Jafar friggin' Salmani (a natural leftback) as a right-back (he also destroyed his confidence and has not been called again to TM). Another example of putting a player in a position to fail.

If you don't even know your own players' positions, you have no right to be a manager on any serious level.

Please don't compare CQ to this bozo. Their resumes and pedigree are on completely different levels. There is a reason why Dragan's managerial highlights come as a club manager in Azadegan and the Persian Gulf league.
                  Skocic has won trophies as coach in Croatia and Slovenia. His claim to fame is reversing the tied of hopeless teams and taking them to championship caliber. He was in the Persian Gulf and did some wonders for teams like Al Arabi. Is he the best coach in the world. Far from it...I rate him slightly better than some of the concacaf guys lol

But given the realities...as you mentioned IFF needs someone to accept payment in Toman...Skocic is a solid option. Be patient. No one else is lining up or willing to take the job at this moment. And if we fire Skocic who in their right mind would say...wow 14-1-1 record and fired...thats a federation I want to work with!

Comment

Skocic has won trophies as coach in Croatia and Slovenia. His claim to fame is reversing the tied of hopeless teams and taking them to championship caliber. He was in the Persian Gulf and did some wonders for teams like Al Arabi. Is he the best coach in the world. Far from it...I rate him slightly better than some of the concacaf guys lol

But given the realities...as you mentioned IFF needs someone to accept payment in Toman...Skocic is a solid option. Be patient. No one else is lining up or willing to take the job at this moment. And if we fire Skocic who in their right mind would say...wow 14-1-1 record and fired...thats a federation I want to work with!

Let's just agree on this point: let's wish and hope the best for our beloved national team.

Everything outside this - is just details.

Comment

Let's just agree on this point: let's wish and hope the best for our beloved national team.

Everything outside this - is just details.
                      Agreed. Skocic success with TM is good for all of us! Go TM Go!

Comment

I don't agree with his early selection or continuation as TM manager, but I will GLADLY eat my words if this guy can make us a world class team.

TM's success > My Pride

Comment

Skocic needs to leave asap, enough is enough. 16 games, 0 tactics.
                          Going to the WC with Skocic is no different than going with Abbas Agha from the local Tehran Bazaar.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            Skocic needs to leave asap, enough is enough. 16 games, 0 tactics.
                            Going to the WC with Skocic is no different than going with Abbas Agha from the local Tehran Bazaar.
                            Becareful what you wish for. Abbas Agha might be our next coach knowing IFF should Skocic be dismissed.

Comment

Becareful what you wish for. Abbas Agha might be our next coach knowing IFF should Skocic be dismissed.
                              Nah we’ll get a good upgrade. Finding a good replacement for Skocic won’t be too difficult as he’s on the same level as Abbas Agha.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I don't agree with his early selection or continuation as TM manager, but I will GLADLY eat my words if this guy can make us a world class team.

TM's success > My Pride
                                Same….anyone who roots for the destruction of Skocic over the success of TM is not a real TM fan. I will be very happy if Skocic turns doubters like me into hardcore fans.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X