X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Have you heard the expression "gooz be saghigheh che rabti dare?"

None of those teams with the exception of Tunisia are participating in 2022. As for Tunisia we don't even play an African nation. The demands are higher in accordance with the expectations. We want top notch friendlies. I have no doubt Venezuela and Cubas of the world would play us. Likely of no value for us with regards to our group stage opponents. Most if not all of those countries would be weaker than us right now and certainly not stronger than us.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

O-ZoNe jan, you're being unfair.
    Tunisia, Algeria, Russia and Turkey were all very good friendlies and about as good as we can get for TM. They were excellent prep for Morocco and Portugal.
    We even had Greece lined up and they cancelled thanks to dirty politics in the background probably.

I would be very happy if TM had such a lineup of friendlies even today.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      O-ZoNe jan, you're being unfair.
      Tunisia, Algeria, Russia and Turkey were all very good friendlies and about as good as we can get for TM. They were excellent prep for Morocco and Portugal.
      We even had Greece lined up and they cancelled thanks to dirty politics in the background probably.

I would be very happy if TM had such a lineup of friendlies even today.
      Of course we will settle for any friendlies due to our unfortunate situation. But tell me which of any of those teams would prepare us for our current WC group? Likely none. We need to demand better and not settle.

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
      Bro are you suggesting we can even afford to be picky? Playing against those teams is great!
      Not at all. If we are playing for sake of playing we should have been smart and not rejected Japan's tournament invite. I'm thinking we should be holding IFF accountable.

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
      Those friendlies I mentioned are not testing us? You can do both - build cohesion and be tested. Who plays like England? Who plays like the US? Who plays like Iran? Just get great teams and you can adapt, no two teams are alike.
      England...these teams have done well against them. Switzerland, Albania, Scotland, Poland, Austria, Croatia, Czech...all unlikely as Russia due to European competition. You have to look back to 2018 to find a successful non Euro team...Colombia. 0-0. A team that like England is more offensively minded and likely a possible opponent for the right fee. Certainly more productive for us as opposed to Algeria or Russia...

US...Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico all done relatively well against them. Some would argue Panama but those were special circumstances.

Just some examples of options. No one plays exactly like anyone but these teams can be beneficial.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        Of course we will settle for any friendlies due to our unfortunate situation. But tell me which of any of those teams would prepare us for our current WC group? Likely none. We need to demand better and not settle.

I don't think we were saying that's who we should go after, rather that we had a semi decent friendlies list for 2018.
        Now we don't!

Comment

I don't think we were saying that's who we should go after, rather that we had a semi decent friendlies list for 2018.
          Now we don't!
          2018 was a different financial story. As I pointed out when Trump scrapped the nuclear deal and sanctions wavers we could no longer pay and arrange friendlies. He did this exactly a month before 2018 WC which has our funds still being withheld to this day. An incompetent FA and added pressures is fuel for disaster.

Even so...others seem to feel those teams would prepare us well enough for this WC...see above. At this stage its boom or bust. Not interested in just participating. I would like to see TM win and we need solid/well planned friendlies.

Comment

taremiscores O-ZoNe and Nokhodi, you all make valid points.

Yes, we did play against those teams and I think they did help us prepare for the World Cup. Maybe more so versus Morocco, as we played Tunisia and Algeria (great friendlies to prepare vs. Morocco). Even though we didn't prepare as well versus Spain and Portugal, the preparation process was a lot better than the preparation for 2014 WC.

CQ was one of our, if not the best manager we've had in our history. And although I'm a fan of CQ, he had many flaws. I criticized him for some of his tactical decisions. Sometimes I thought it was annoying how he would just storm out of interviews and how he acted. However, I can't deny him fighting for his team and for his players.

People shit on CQ but what they forget is that he wasn't licking majles's nutsack. CQ's efforts helped get many of these friendlies. He played a role in PEC facility becoming a reality (that fitness building you see in TM videos that looks kind of like a museum for TM. With framed photos of our legends nailed to the walls and etc.). He was unrelentingly pushing IFF staff to help Team Melli. IFF were pushing majles and the other weirdos with the branded foreheads, to get financial help for our preparation. He pushed them so hard to the point where Mehdi Taj got a heart attack. Which is sad.

My point is, I respect and support Dragon for what he's done so far. I want to believe he will push IFF to get us even Turkey and Algeria again. But something tells me that won't be the case. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But when I read things like "We will beat England" knowing that we don't even know yet what's planned in June, I'm not sure what to think. It reminds me of 2006 and song lyrics of "Portugal is Portoghaal" and etc. These aren't happy memories.

I hope I'm wrong and IFF help arrange good friendlies for us. Our team deserves only the best! Our fans deserve only the best!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxm73t49Oiw
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

If the issue is Blocked FiFa money, then why not make an arrangement with FiFa to directly pay whoever Iran is trying to have a friendly with? That way the money doesn't go to any Iranian financial institutions and no sanctions are violated

I'm sure if IFF really wanted, they could find a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  If the issue is Blocked FiFa money, then why not make an arrangement with FiFa to directly pay whoever Iran is trying to have a friendly with? That way the money doesn't go to any Iranian financial institutions and no sanctions are violated
                  Put the word "Iran" in any e-transfer online. See what happens (Don't actually do this, account will get locked or suspended)

Banks are very very very risk averse when it comes to this stuff. The sanctions are completely detrimental. They enrich dallas in and out of Iran who try to bypass sanctions, and just make everything as hard and annoying as possible for everyone else.

I know Persepolis suggested what you said due to all their CAS losses - no one was willing to facilitate.

Comment

Put the word "Iran" in any e-transfer online. See what happens (Don't actually do this, account will get locked or suspended)

Banks are very very very risk averse when it comes to this stuff. The sanctions are completely detrimental. They enrich dallas in and out of Iran who try to bypass sanctions, and just make everything as hard and annoying as possible for everyone else.

I know Persepolis suggested what you said due to all their CAS losses - no one was willing to facilitate.
                    And Fifa will not attempt to assist Iran as it will be deemed circumventing sanctions.

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    People shit on CQ but what they forget is that he wasn't licking majles's nutsack. CQ's efforts helped get many of these friendlies. He played a role in PEC facility becoming a reality (that fitness building you see in TM videos that looks kind of like a museum for TM. With framed photos of our legends nailed to the walls and etc.). He was unrelentingly pushing IFF staff to help Team Melli. IFF were pushing majles and the other weirdos with the branded foreheads, to get financial help for our preparation. He pushed them so hard to the point where Mehdi Taj got a heart attack. Which is sad.
                    If only we could have CQ as IFF head. Btw can that be done? Can a non-national lead a federation? I don't think I have ever seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

The money is not blocked that is just a BIG LIE That ppl in the Iff keep telling everyone so no one asks anything about the money trail ….

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                        The money is not blocked that is just a BIG LIE That ppl in the Iff keep telling everyone so no one asks anything about the money trail ….
                        a_m, let's be clear - the money itself is not blocked - the transfer of the money is!

The money hasn't been released - otherwise why do you think Sazmane Varzesh, IFF and every dallal in Iran is trying to get the money for themselves?

Comment

IFF executive committee (heyat raiseh) usually has 9 members. They need 8 members according to their own rules for any formal meetings to take place.
                          Since Shohreh Mousavi is under arrest (financial stuff unrelated to IFF), and Azizi Khadem doesn't show up, they can't hold a formal meeting.

Idiots. If FIFA had known these donkeys would freeze the federation themselves, they wouldn't have wasted time on that letter a few days ago.

F*** people who don't want to claim responsibility for anything.
                          Just hold the damn election for IFF already and at least get someone permanent in there.

Comment

IFF executive committee (heyat raiseh) usually has 9 members. They need 8 members according to their own rules for any formal meetings to take place.
                            Since Shohreh Mousavi is under arrest (financial stuff unrelated to IFF), and Azizi Khadem doesn't show up, they can't hold a formal meeting.

Idiots. If FIFA had known these donkeys would freeze the federation themselves, they wouldn't have wasted time on that letter a few days ago.

Just hold the damn election for IFF already and at least get someone permanent in there.
                            We scrutinize to some levels what the IFF is doing and look at how screwed up they are. Imagine how bad the other gov't bodies are. How far we damn fell ...
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I put Tehran in an a Venmo transaction for shits and giggles, had a friendly chat with a government agency...

Had an inheritance get transferred to me via EFT, and got a lovely call from another government agency...

FIFA isn't going to do anything to help out Iran's situation. They will bow down to the will of the US foreign policy.

Comment

I think we will only see some semblance of a "plan" after the June elections. But it may be too late before by then.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X