Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TeAm MeLlI PlAYeRs ArE NoT HapPy ! SaRdAr HaS PrObLeMs WiTh Skocic! SaRdAr HaS LeFt ThE CaMp !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Same….anyone who roots for the destruction of Skocic over the success of TM is not a real TM fan. I will be very happy if Skocic turns doubters like me into hardcore fans.
      Nobody is rooting for the destruction of TM. TM success is very important for majority of iranians.
      That’s why Skocic must leave. We have seen enough of this guy, 16 games still 0 tactics. He had 2 games against worthy opponents, and in both games badjori riid.

Letting Skocic stay is what will case the destruction of TM. He needs to be changed for the sake of TM success in the WC.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Lol I knew that whole thing was bs….Sardar is probably the closest TM player to Skocic, they have spent lots of 1on1 time together
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
          Nobody is rooting for the destruction of TM. TM success is very important for majority of iranians.
          That’s why Skocic must leave. We have seen enough of this guy, 16 games still 0 tactics. He had 2 games against worthy opponents, and in both games badjori riid.
          Letting Skocic stay is what will case the destruction of TM. He needs to be changed for the sake of TM success in the WC.
          There are ppl here that were rooting for SK to win……

I don’t disagree, I don’t want him in TM either as I don’t want to see this group wasted in a WC with a coach who doesn’t know his own players or strengths or how to properly rotate/sub players. That among 20 other issues I can bring up that I have with him.

What I’m saying is TM’s succeeding (with skocic) is more important/should be rooted for more than Skocic failing bc he didn’t call up your favorite player.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
            There are ppl here that were rooting for SK to win……

I don’t disagree, I don’t want him in TM either as I don’t want to see this group wasted in a WC with a coach who doesn’t know his own players or strengths or how to properly rotate/sub players. That among 20 other issues I can bring up that I have with him.

What I’m saying is TM’s succeeding (with skocic) is more important/should be rooted for more than Skocic failing bc he didn’t call up your favorite player.
            Whoever rooted for S.K to win is a khaen. I hate those kind of people, they’re the worst.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

So it seems that fans are allowed for the Lebanon game

9.000 tickets are going to be sold. However, it seems unlikely that women will be allowed

https://www.isna.ir/news/14010107030...B1%D8%AF%D8%A7

Comment

I get it people say we deserve a better coach and so on, but let's face it, like always before the WC itself, all we need for now is calm and peace around the team, instead of this never ending drama. It's too toxic so close to the tournament!

Comment

People said we deserved better than the Shah also and we all know how that turned out.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    People said we deserved better than the Shah also and we all know how that turned out.
                    +1 - our history's biggest mistake. Countless Iranians affected and scarred for life by this. We have lost generations because of this stupidity.

From a footballing perspective, we deserve better than CQ and we got Wilmots!
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Lebanon is missing 8 players. Both Melki brothers, Sonny Saad, Hassan Matouk, Abbas Assi, Basel Jradi and 2 other players.
                      5 or 6 starters. On the other hand we have everyone back minus Ghoddos.

Let’s see what happens. Dream scenario is a 4-0 victory combined with Skocic dismissal.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                        So it seems that fans are allowed for the Lebanon game

9.000 tickets are going to be sold. However, it seems unlikely that women will be allowed

https://www.isna.ir/news/14010107030...B1%D8%AF%D8%A7
                        I’d rather have no fans then. Either men and women allowed or none at all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            Lebanon is missing 8 players. Both Melki brothers, Sonny Saad, Hassan Matouk, Abbas Assi, Basel Jradi and 2 other players.
                            5 or 6 starters. On the other hand we have everyone back minus Ghoddos.

Let’s see what happens. Dream scenario is a 4-0 victory combined with Skocic dismissal.
                            Its hilarious how you can have covid and than play 4 days later in the highest stage in the world lol
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

It's important to have the facts and have a historical context. It helps us have reasonable expectations and at the same time keep asking for the best.

CQ accepting Iran job was a confluence of luck and necessity. CQ had just come out of a FIFA ban and looking for a job. I don't think he was desperate but he was probably in a vulnerable juncture of his career. Abbas Torabian was successful in convincing CQ to take the TM job and he watched Iran's friendly vs Russia in UAE from the stands (Mansoorian was TM interim coach and we won 1-0 in the last minute). Kafashian was the IFF president. The situation was not much different from today when it comes to chaos, lack of planning and corruption. The big difference was that sanctions were not as bad as today and IFF had more money to pay CQ. Yet, when it comes to corruption specifically, Kafashian who had been a track and field athlete in his younger years had put his brother in law in charge of financial oversight of IFF. I heard this myself in an interview when he was asked about this and he said he trusted his bother in law with finances. That is called nepotism and is a formula for corruption. This kind of practice is not allowed in any professional organization that has in place anything resembling good governance. So, necessity (desire for a world class TM HC translated into Troabian's ability to enroll CQ) and luck (CQ's situation and his ultimate acceptance of the offer) resulted in a remarkable eight years for TM and the first two consecutive WC qualifications and WC performances that exceeded most of our expectations. It was not all nice and dandy as Americans say yet most of our forum members agree that it was extraordinary and we are still harvesting the accomplishments of those years in many ways.

Now, once again a confluence of luck and desire has resulted in WC qualification. I am grateful of Skocic's role yet it's clear that the talent level, specifically a handful of players, plus other coaches roles including Bagheri and Hashemian (in that order) and our group competition dismal performance (except for Korea) played a crucial role. What the defeat on Thursday plus Skocic's performance in the two months since WC qualification exposed is that when facing a new level of competition with unexpected challenges and missing key personnel (including Bagheri on the sideline) TM has a lot of work to do and Skocic is not willing to go to the next level and start learning and acting in a way that is required of a WC capable coach. Such challenges could arise right before or in the middle of TM WC matches. We shall see if again an intersection of luck and desire will result in more success for TM. Unfortunately, that's what I will hope for instead of scientific planning and effective action. I love to be proven wrong. I will continue to use these pages to ask for and insist on scientific planning and consorted action.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

Lol okay, credit to Skocic where it's due. Good on him for having a sense of humour in the face of all the Drama surrounding him.

Comment

Working...
                                X