This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Weird source but not out of realms of possibility with Bayat as head of their FA.

If we could get Belgium through that connection, Croatia + another Eastern Euro team through Skocic, and possibly Turkey through diplomatic channels that would be an excellent combination to go with the standard Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Qatar combo.

I guess Mali might still be on the table after our friendly with them fell through, and possibly CQ and egypt.

Obviously a lot will depend on the time FIFA allocates for friendlies in buildup to WC + our group opponents.
    Yeah, this WC will have very few friendly opportunities and everyone will be picking and choosing their friendlies carefully. I assume every league will start earlier to make up for the month long WC. This makes for a very short summer and players need their summer rest... I am imagining maybe a one week camp in summer and the week before WC in Kish.

Comment

I just saw South Korea in our group has arranged friendlies with Iceland and Moldova for January 15th and January 21st and South Korea has WCQ games on the days we do (January 27th and February 1st).

Couldn't IFF also had arranged friendlies for Iran this month?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        I just saw South Korea in our group has arranged friendlies with Iceland and Moldova for January 15th and January 21st and South Korea has WCQ games on the days we do (January 27th and February 1st).

No, very unlikely as we couldn't even get our domestic players to join.
        South Korea, Iceland, and maybe Moldova shut down their leagues in the winter so they can get all of their domestic players to join.

Comment

European leagues are in session through the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            No, very unlikely as we couldn't even get our domestic players to join.
            South Korea, Iceland, and maybe Moldova shut down their leagues in the winter so they can get all of their domestic players to join.
            I also saw Iraq has friendly with Uganda for January 21st.

Comment

One thing I agreed with CQ was stopping the league to help our national team, but apparently our corrupt league run by Perspolis and Esteghlal mafia are more important.

Comment

There is really no room for maneuver in terms in friendlies.

It really isnt even worth it considering potential for additional exposure right before critical games.

Comment

Loool as if our own BS media and rumors wasn't enough, now the Iraqis has also started to promote lies? 😂

Comment

what they come up with now? i cant se it i only se the smily.. rest is blank and if i press quote, i get the tweet number but i cant search on it nothing shows up.. :/
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                      what they come up with now? i cant se it i only se the smily.. rest is blank and if i press quote, i get the tweet number but i cant search on it nothing shows up.. :/
                      Tweet is from some dude named Masoud Hossein saying Iran is going to have a friendly with Belgium to prepare for the upcoming WCQ matches.

Comment

Thx Mahestan!

btw wonder what happened with the kit and the iff logo.. feels like its season 8 now story never ends,,
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I also saw Iraq has friendly with Uganda for January 21st.
                          Same thing. All domestic squad with a probable Uganda c squad or a dallal selection.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                            No they destroyed themselves. Bashing the guy who put Iranian football on the map!!
                            i dont know if i agree, we were at 2 world cups, reached round 1 , didnt win the asian cup ......

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Same thing. All domestic squad with a probable Uganda c squad or a dallal selection.
                              Still better than nothing, lol we literally have not had a friendly in almost a year. We are so lucky we didn't mess up our WCQ's, I still don't know how we pulled it off without any prep
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

What we really need is to start playing like this is the World Cup, preparing the players for tactics and approaches to the 3 games.
                                Not having friendlies is fine given the madness of the pandemic.
                                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                                X