Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a good idea. tabriz has solid practice facilities as well with excellent playing surface + all necessary infrastructure of a major city in addition to excellent weather.

they also have the university stadium located in center of city that is another solid option for training sessions. Beautiful pic of city as well.

AQR is excellent as we all know, but I would also add that Shahr Khodro's practice pitch (their old ground Samen) has one of the best surfaces in Iran too. The seats have even been fully installed since these pics.

Only concern about these two venues is the state of Sahand's stadium. The actual pitch gets fixed nicely after each cold/snowy winter but the seats are particularly fucked up of late. Now that I think about it hosting these games would have a nice side effect of forcing responsible parties to properly update Sahand like they did Azadi before big ACL match a couple years ago.

Comment

If all the games are in the same country, one must assume that fans are not allowed in the stadium, right? Otherwise, it would not be fair at all to the non host countries... Hence, no need to fix the seats in Sahand's stadium!!! Just a good field is all we need plus lots of high quality HD cameras...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        Is a good idea. tabriz has solid practice facilities as well with excellent playing surface + all necessary infrastructure of a major city in addition to excellent weather.

they also have the university stadium located in center of city that is another solid option for training sessions. Beautiful pic of city as well.

AQR is excellent as we all know, but I would also add that Shahr Khodro's practice pitch (their old ground Samen) has one of the best surfaces in Iran too. The seats have even been fully installed since these pics.

Only concern about these two venues is the state of Sahand's stadium. The actual pitch gets fixed nicely after each cold/snowy winter but the seats are particularly fucked up of late. Now that I think about it hosting these games would have a nice side effect of forcing responsible parties to properly update Sahand like they did Azadi before big ACL match a couple years ago.
        Mate you seriously think these are standard based off an Instagram picture haha.... Did you not see azizi interview about Samen stadium? It has soo far away from Mashhad and not even close to international standard. The Tractor training ground is one pitch with weak under soil and facilities - both are a reflection of how bad sporting infrastructure is in the country.

Comment

^ This is an opportunity for IFF to improve training facilities. Tabriz has better training pitches. Also, its yet another opportunity to do repairs and upgrades to Yadegar and Imam Reza stadiums. If they go with only one city, my vote goes to Tabriz. Mashin Sazi has a good enough stadium for the last matches in parallel and again it could be repaired upgraded for this. I share the belief that Iran's sports infrastructure requires huge investments at all levels to be standardized and I am also angry and frustrated by fraud, inaction, incompetence and disastrous policies in IR yet I recommend a more constructive approach for the sake of Iranian people and football.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
            Mate you seriously think these are standard based off an Instagram picture haha.... Did you not see azizi interview about Samen stadium? It has soo far away from Mashhad and not even close to international standard. The Tractor training ground is one pitch with weak under soil and facilities - both are a reflection of how bad sporting infrastructure is in the country.
            Listen mate We are thinking of hosting Cambodia (their one and only national stadium is a swamp for 75% of the year) , Iraq (a warzone), Hong Kong (we did our practice session pre game there in a backyard), and Bahrain (one stadium).

Azizi hasn’t been coaching since 2018, samen has been updated completely this year, you can find the pics of them laying totally new groundwork yourself. Not sure why he would be hanging out next to padideh training facilities in the middle of covid in last 6 months...

I’m well aware that none of the facilities are world class (although acc to cq and Wilmots PEC very much is), but really don’t think they need to be for the purposes of hosting a few games vs the aforementioned parties, they should just be solid which they are/can be easily updated to be.

Im not sure why some people are so against our country EVER hosting anything. Yes incompetent greedy criminals are in power, but the best way to light a fire under their ass is with international pressure and threat of embarrassment.

How do you think azadi got the structural renovations that it needed to have for 10 years finally done? Oh right it was the fact that Xavi and co were coming to town for ACL semi final.

How do you think we got PEC? Oh right we brought in an internationally recognized coach who put pressure on the right people to get it done. He could have said "screw this we should take national team to train in qatar every time, you guys are useless can never get anything done".

How did we finally make new volleyball arenas capable of serving our volleyball crazy cities such as urmia? Oh yeah it was the fact that those venues were listed to host international matches.

The reality is the stadium and infrastructure in our football is very slowly seeing improvement because of continuous pressure people are putting on the authorities (think 90 segments with Adel) but to really produce quantum leaps we need to host more international events (ok not AC, WC level events but yes something like this group of matches fits the bill).

Its very easy to sit back and say that everything is terrible and our infrastructure is a joke. I think its more useful to support those who are trying to make improvements to our football and country instead of leaving them out to dry by saying everything is shit and we can't do anything about it, we should't even be allowed to host Cambodia,Iraq (where suicide bomb is going off in central baghdad every other day), and hong kong LOL.

Comment

AFC: Team Melli fixtures for 2022 WCQ’s announced

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...cqs-announced/

FFIRI submit request to host remaining Group C WCQ’s
              http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...-group-c-wcqs/

----
              We are working hard to prepare Team Melli for the qualifiers: Dragan Skocic. hum..! really..? Hardly working more like it..???

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...dragan-skocic/

Comment

Just looking with the dates of those games when some of our players playing in Europe play there last League game.
                Portugal - 19th May
                Russia- 16 May
                England - 23 May for Premier League and 8 May for championship (unsure on potential play off dates if Brentford are in them)
                Belgium - 17 April (then potential for Antwerp, Charleroi or Gent to be in play-offs - can’t find fixture dates for these)
                Croatia - 22 May
                Ukraine - 15 May
                Denmark - 21 March and then next stage continues after that.

I have probably missed some league but it looks as if there is time for players to rest slightly after season has finished and be involved in training camp.

Does anyone know when the league in Iran is finishing this year?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Listen mate We are thinking of hosting Cambodia (their one and only national stadium is a swamp for 75% of the year) , Iraq (a warzone), Hong Kong (we did our practice session pre game there in a backyard), and Bahrain (one stadium).

Azizi hasn’t been coaching since 2018, samen has been updated completely this year, you can find the pics of them laying totally new groundwork yourself. Not sure why he would be hanging out next to padideh training facilities in the middle of covid in last 6 months...

I’m well aware that none of the facilities are world class (although acc to cq and Wilmots PEC very much is), but really don’t think they need to be for the purposes of hosting a few games vs the aforementioned parties, they should just be solid which they are/can be easily updated to be.

Im not sure why some people are so against our country EVER hosting anything. Yes incompetent greedy criminals are in power, but the best way to light a fire under their ass is with international pressure and threat of embarrassment.

How do you think azadi got the structural renovations that it needed to have for 10 years finally done? Oh right it was the fact that Xavi and co were coming to town for ACL semi final.

How do you think we got PEC? Oh right we brought in an internationally recognized coach who put pressure on the right people to get it done. He could have said "screw this we should take national team to train in qatar every time, you guys are useless can never get anything done".

How did we finally make new volleyball arenas capable of serving our volleyball crazy cities such as urmia? Oh yeah it was the fact that those venues were listed to host international matches.

The reality is the stadium and infrastructure in our football is very slowly seeing improvement because of continuous pressure people are putting on the authorities (think 90 segments with Adel) but to really produce quantum leaps we need to host more international events (ok not AC, WC level events but yes something like this group of matches fits the bill).

Its very easy to sit back and say that everything is terrible and our infrastructure is a joke. I think its more useful to support those who are trying to make improvements to our football and country instead of leaving them out to dry by saying everything is shit and we can't do anything about it, we should't even be allowed to host Cambodia,Iraq (where suicide bomb is going off in central baghdad every other day), and hong kong LOL.
                  Ridiculous statements - please show respect for all our opponents - Iraq is not 'war torn' sad to say but they have better Sporting infrastructure than us go and see Karbala and Basra stadiums as just some examples with a management team that are able to attract world class kit brands such as Umbro. We are 3rd and in such a difficult position in this group we have to make do with a c-rated coach and a very limited staff pool unfortunately topped by a lack of resources. I do not think you understand how PEC was funded and the operation behind this centre (you could right a book). The azadi has 103822772 faults with a ticketing system that does not work nor controlled by any club or federation in ACL final 2018 they did a quick paint job and that was it unfortunately there has been no pressure to change any stadium towards modernisation. Lets not live behind a keyboard and kid ourself over 2 IG photos

Unfortunately we do not have ANY viable stadiums or facilities regardless if they are less nations or not this is something that we must change if we are to stand any chance of hosting

Comment

Ridiculous statements - please show respect for all our opponents - Iraq is not 'war torn' sad to say but they have better Sporting infrastructure than us go and see Karbala and Basra stadiums as just some examples with a management team that are able to attract world class kit brands such as Umbro. We are 3rd and in such a difficult position in this group we have to make do with a c-rated coach and a very limited staff pool unfortunately topped by a lack of resources. I do not think you understand how PEC was funded and the operation behind this centre (you could right a book). The azadi has 103822772 faults with a ticketing system that does not work nor controlled by any club or federation in ACL final 2018 they did a quick paint job and that was it unfortunately there has been no pressure to change any stadium towards modernisation. Lets not live behind a keyboard and kid ourself over 2 IG photos
                    Unfortunately we do not have ANY viable stadiums or facilities regardless if they are less nations or not this is something that we must change if we are to stand any chance of hosting
                    Iraq is war torn! They still have daily attacks from various militias, daesh, not to mention a US military force.

Their infrastructure is a few very good stadiums - with all sorts of maintenance and operations issues.

I'm not particularly upset about gates in Azadi right now, simply because we don't have any fans.

And for the first time in years we have a few a decent stadiums (at least in terms of playing surfaces)... Azadi, Foolad Arena, Imam Reza Stadium, Naghshe Jahan, Fooladshahr, Bonyan Diesel field....

I've been following Iranian football since 96... it is nowhere near perfect but this is the first time half the teams have a decent pitch to play on.

Comment

Also is the idiotic AFC insisting on ACL games also taking place at end of season?
                      How are ACL games, league games and WCQ games supposed to take place then?
                      This again seems to be tailored to East Asian teams and their weird rain season schedules.

Comment

Everyone here arguing about facilities and possibility of Tabriz hosting, and here I am worried about Tractor's fans showing up and roughing up the place and yelling slurs.

Comment

Give me a break. Iraq is not war torn? Do you live under a rock?
                          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...et-three-years....

^32 dead and 100+ injured from 2 suicide bombs in a central baghdad market 3 weeks ago. God knows what you would say if such an incident happened in Iran. Im sure you would advocate that we not even be allowed to host our own home games.

if iraq is such an attractive proposition for you then Im sure they will let you get VIP access to that famous basra stadium if you beg enough.

And I wasnt aware an umbro sponsorship is a qualification for hosting 5 games.

Comment

Lol! Iraq is still having weekly terror attacks and members here have the nerve to say they are in a better state to host matches.

Stadiums in Iran that are 100% capable of hosting:

Foolad Arena

AQR Masshad

Azadi

Sahand

naqshe jahan

foodlad shahr
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I don’t know if this has been posted, but an interesting quote from Wenger on CQ getting sir Alex fergusson to sign Ronaldo a week into his job at Man U before Arsenal could sign him. CQ always had a good eye for picking out talent in my opinion.

https://reddit.com/r/soccer/comments...joined_united/

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                I don’t know if this has been posted, but an interesting quote from Wenger on CQ getting sir Alex fergusson to sign Ronaldo a week into his job at Man U before Arsenal could sign him. CQ always had a good eye for picking out talent in my opinion.
                                https://reddit.com/r/soccer/comments...joined_united/
                                I can just imagine him smiling and pumping his fists when Mehdi scored against Juve. CQ is our football king forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X