This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
    IFF letting Branko coach our team in 2006 killed our chances of qualifying to the 2nd round and they are on the verge of making the same mistake again.
    Branko or not, any coach would have failed with such rift in the team, in addition to bunch of players that weren't good for wc level (mirzapoor, the left back..)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Branko or not, any coach would have failed with such rift in the team, in addition to bunch of players that weren't good for wc level (mirzapoor, the left back..)
      In the end it’s about maximizing your chances at the WC. Having this guy as our coach in WC, is not.
      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

In the end it’s about maximizing your chances at the WC. Having this guy as our coach in WC, is not.
        You think we will maximize our chances with Yahya?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          You think we will maximize our chances with Yahya?
          Compared to Skocic, yes.
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            So is that Taremi was doing?
            Skocic made a comments regarding Iranian footballers and Taremi expressed disagreement about that view.
            Is that messing with TM ?
            Taremi should not be doing that publicly, very well knowing it can create disunity and a media frenzy that Iranian media will eat up. Unless he is that dumb, he should know the consequences of such actions. He could've simply asked for a meeting with the coach and expressed his disagreements, not act like a spoiled brat and bash the coaching decisions out in the open.

Skokic had no choice here. Taremi brought this on himself and Skokic is in charge of the team and needs to make tough decisions like this. Taremi is a fantastic player but way too hotheaded and pooru.

Comment

Compared to Skocic, yes.
              Same shit different smell imo

Comment

Rahmati was to blame for our losses against Lebanon/Uzbekistan and putting our WCQ in jeopardy.

Taremi has been the star of our WCQ so far.

Rahmati played in local league and Taremi is probably Portos best player. Big difference IMO.
                Not really. So what you are saying is Skocic learned from CQs mistakes and didn't let Taremis theatrics get to the point of disruption resulting in a loss. Kudos Skocic cause you gave him more credit than I did. Rahmati in local leagues is irrelevant cause at that time he was Iran's best GK option. Taremi being great for Porto has nothing to do with his behavior in TM...Skocic and TM can afford to bench him to learn a valuable lesson on being a team player.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Also people defending Taremi are acting like a national team structure is some sort of democratic system where everyone gets input lol. That's not the case... one guy is hired and calls the shots and if they do a poor job, they get fired. But Skokic has gotten results. He's the manager for a reason and players aren't the ones who can publicly attack their coach no matter how good they are or undermine them. That's a mess waiting to happen for the team.

Comment

Skocic Gambit
                    \
                    A queen sacrifice is when you sacrifice your queen usually for a checkmating combination but sometimes it can be for positional compensation and long term advantages.

Unless he is as good as Alireza he will regret that.

Nov 5 , Alireza

\<br>

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Not really. So what you are saying is Skocic learned from CQs mistakes and didn't let Taremis theatrics get to the point of disruption resulting in a loss. Kudos Skocic cause you gave him more credit than I did. Rahmati in local leagues is irrelevant cause at that time he was Iran's best GK option. Taremi being great for Porto has nothing to do with his behavior in TM...Skocic and TM can afford to bench him to learn a valuable lesson on being a team player.

Lol, after those two losses he wasn’t. Rahmati quit TM, Taremi stood up to the coach talking shit. Rahmati was costing us WCQ and would most likely have been benched in the next game. Realising this, he thought he could play smart and quit TM, so people would beg him to come back.

In Mehdi case, he answered the coach, who tried to blame TM lack of tactics on the players. Skocic is an ungrateful dallal who lets his own personal agenda get in the way of TM success. Skocic has Mehdi to thank for saving his ass during many of WCQ games. Because tactically, we have been disastrous.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Lol, after those two losses he wasn’t. Rahmati quit TM, Taremi stood up to the coach talking shit. Rahmati was costing us WCQ and would most likely have been benched in the next game. Realising this, he thought he could play smart and quit TM, so people would beg him to come back.

In Mehdi case, he answered the coach, who tried to blame TM lack of tactics on the players. Skocic is an ungrateful dallal who lets his own personal agenda get in the way of TM success. Skocic has Mehdi to thank for saving his ass during many of WCQ games. Because tactically, we have been disastrous.
                        We have differing views. I saw Skocic comments as saying here is where we need to improve to be on par with the world's best. Remember his comments were translated and likely did not do well into Farsi...he identified areas his team needs to improve something you agree with. That's a sign of humility and a willingness to get this team to be better. Remember what he inherited and where he got this team to thus far...

Taremi like many other self serving egos took the comments personally and put himself above TM. Don't matter if you play for the Maldives or Brazil...doing that will result in the same thing if the coach has any football IQ.

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          We have differing views. I saw Skocic comments as saying here is where we need to improve to be on par with the world's best. Remember his comments were translated and likely did not do well into Farsi...he identified areas his team needs to improve something you agree with. That's a sign of humility and a willingness to get this team to be better. Remember what he inherited and where he got this team to thus far...

Taremi like many other self serving egos took the comments personally and put himself above TM. Don't matter if you play for the Maldives or Brazil...doing that will result in the same thing if the coach has any football IQ.

Agree to disagree. You put the blame on Mehdi, i put it on Skocic.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I would prefer Golmohammadi to this dallal( and this is coming from an Esteghlali) if we choose to go by a vatani coach.

This team is talented as hell and is practically already qualified for WC. Good coaches will be willing to lead us in WC for sure.
                            Issue is IFF spending money to get a good coach. With enough pressure from public they will do it, and i'm certain they can find a way around payment issue.
                            No they don’t. Good coaches don’t want to work in international football for the most part. Instead you get garbage like Advocaat, erikkson and the like coming in for a quick check and that’s all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              No they don’t. Good coaches don’t want to work in international football for the most part. Instead you get garbage like Advocaat, erikkson and the like coming in for a quick check and that’s all.
                              I’m 100% certain we can find a better option than a nobody with Malavan/Khoone be khoone/ Sanat Naft on his resume.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

It's exhausting for me as a fan just dealing with the Dragan/Taremi drama. Imagine what this is doing to TM's psyche and mental preparation before the WCQs. So disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X