Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got fleeced by AFC scheduling again only 2 home games in our first 6 games. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia and South Korea played 3 home games in their first 4 games so they can travel less, also for some reason other than Australia, China and Vietnam are also playing in UAE and Qatar! If it was Iran they would force us to travel to east Asia for all away games, Saudi bribery did its job again so they had to allow South Korea to do the same playing 4 of first 5 game at home!

Comment

It seems FIFA will let clubs to keep their players until one week before the WC start (lequipe)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        It seems FIFA will let clubs to keep their players until one week before the WC start (lequipe)
        The destruction of international football - step by step.

Comment

Is this 100% legit and confirmed??

If so, this would be insane. I just don't understand why fifa would be able to get away with this.

Comment

Actually I highly doubt this is true. How on earth can a national team have friendlies and properly prep for world cup with players arriving one week beforehand?

Comment

guess they should start developing some virtual reality shit for them to plug in the googles and join in training from all over the world.. just go to a free footballfield in st petersburg and put on the googles, and train with ghaedi in uae and skocic coaching from zagreb, ansarifard joins from greece and all are on the same field.. and i will hack that some day so I can fulfill my dream to have a practice session with team melli aswell so i can impress them to get a callup

gues thats the future of football according to fifa
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I see the VAR in Azadi a positive development. It meets the AFC and FIFA requirements and its a legitimate vendor/system. Watch the interview with the two Iranian referees who were using it offline below. It's always good to have more monitors yet as long as the system meets the requirements, it's a go. Like many of us here I am frustrated at the overall incompetence of IR and the fact that a country that could be an economic and industrial power house of Asia/world is ruled by a medieval system that is separated from its overwhelmingly young population by a gap wider and deeper than the Pacific ocean. We should have been one of the firsts to implement VAR. Still, I appreciate the new leadership at IFF that is pursuing this in a serious, professional and standard fashion with a working group that is making progress. We should have this system online for the remaining three home games of this WC qualification round. I think the elbow to Taremi in the first half of Korea match was harsh enough to be reviewed by VAR as a penalty and IR/IFF historical incompetence definitely hurt us.

Go TM!

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/239...8%A7%D8%AA-var

Comment

That is crazy.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad to say this but I think that this decision will benefit us. We won't get friendly matches and camps anyway, so it's good that other teams going into the WC unprepared as well lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      The destruction of international football - step by step.
                      wait. There's a nucear bomb on the way ... if wenger and co get their way (Cant believe hajsafi actually went along. Must have been blinded by wenger's name!)
                      Having the WC every 2 years!!!!!!
                      raising the number of WC teams was bad enough. Now this???

now THAT will kill off this sport altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                        wait. There's a nucear bomb on the way ... if wenger and co get their way (Cant believe hajsafi actually went along. Must have been blinded by wenger's name!)
                        Having the WC every 2 years!!!!!!
                        raising the number of WC teams was bad enough. Now this???
                        now THAT will kill off this sport altogether
                        Best thing that could happen for Iran though.

Dont know why a TM fan could be against a wc every 2 years. Are you ok to wait 4 years with 0 friendlies, 0 competitive games against top world teams (confederation cup doesn't exist anymore) only tokhmi games against iraq, syria and 2 or 3 games against SK/japan

Comment

^ I am ALL for the four year deal.
                          remember we have asia cups too.

And lets not forget how this will rob the precious novelty of the WC even further (increasing the numbers has already done it).
                          There is immense satisfaction for a nation to have qualified for the WC. the prestige, the bragging rights, the glory.
                          why?
                          BECAUSE it is a hard-fought, rare achievement.

(Imagine if gold became so cheap that you could buy it with the price of a loaf of bread. what would its possession value be then?)

==============

but besides the obvious, the danger of this is running players to the bone and overkill of football to the point that it WILL backfire on fans, players, clubs, nations, and football.

remember there are:
                          1- domestic league games
                          2- domestic cup games
                          3- Continental club championship games
                          4- Continental national games qualifiers
                          5- Continental national games
                          6- Olympics qualifiers
                          7- Olympics games (for those who qualify)
                          AND
                          8-WCQ's
                          .... ALL THAT, SHOVED INTO A ONE AND HALF YEAR PERIOD (even if you leave out the olympics out every other edition) !!!!

This is bordering on criminal torture and slavery

Then we have totally idiotic morons like the brits who add another set of cup games to it all.
                          And Europe not wanting to fall behind on the "moron-o-meter" have started this imbecilic "Euro nations whatever the f&%k" tournament too!
                          And the "Euro super-league" deal hasnt completely died yet!!!!

Comment

Could we have a separate thread for 2 year WC vs 4 year WC discussion? This is a TM news thread. I know that Hajsafi attended the online meeting with Wenger and that is TM news yet I think the overall discussion requires its own thread.

Go TM!

Comment

Best thing that could happen for Iran though.

Dont know why a TM fan could be against a wc every 2 years. Are you ok to wait 4 years with 0 friendlies, 0 competitive games against top world teams (confederation cup doesn't exist anymore) only tokhmi games against iraq, syria and 2 or 3 games against SK/japan
                              I know we need to have this conversation on a new thread for 2 year WC vs 4 year but I just wanted to say I agree with you 100% on the item you already have raised for us with are current international reputation and network it would be the best thing to be able to at least play decent teams outside Asia every 2 years. As much as I prefer to keep WC every 4 years with maximum 40 teams not 48 as proposed post 2022.

In a perfect would I would love to have a world league (instead of just European league, similar to volleyball world league) that team based on ranking get together and play and collect point that would remove friendlies completely and it would be a fair game for every country to be able to participate. you can have world league 1 with the top 20 teams (fifa ranking) then league 2 etc.

Comment

what worries me, is the usual IFF lack of planning and ability to execute. We have Asian Cup coming up right after the world cup in GHATAR and if we are aiming to put to end the drought, then this new head of the federation should be saying a few words about what heck is the plan and how is he ensuring Iran will bring back the silverware after so many decades.

Comment

Working...
                                X