This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
    Kian jan I agree that we had a formation, but that's pretty much the extent to which we had tactics. In comparison to CQ this is a different world.

It's not that "he don't have nohfin'", he's appointed to be TM coach, which is arguably the biggest coaching position in Iranian football. Skocic's highest playing experience was at Las Palmas, and he only coached small Croatian teams + 2 middle eastern teams before somehow making it to Iran.
    Southgate played for Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, and Middlesborough, played for the English National team, coached Middlesborough, coached England's U21, and after 2-3 years of doing that was appointed England's national team coach. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Not to mention, I'd be perfectly happy if we'd chosen some unknown Iranian manager -- that way they'd at least get some international experience and could bring their learnings back to the country. They'd be better known on a global scale. It would do a lot for our football, not to mention they'd probably want less money too.

But getting a random foreigner, who's only merit is not being Iranian (because we are khareji-parast), with little credentials makes absolutely no sense.
    Shouldn't all this discussion about Skocic have occurred when he was appointed head coach a year or two ago. He is our coach now, he has gotten results and we don't have time to change him before the next round of qualifiers. So what is the point of bashing him? I love CQ and I think he is the best coach Iran has had and will ever have. But having said that, if I could choose any coach in the world for the next round of qualifiers, I would pick Skocic simply because there is no time to bring another coach that can implement his plans in this short amount of time.

Our next game is Sept 2nd. International break is after our players play their game on Sunday August 29th. They'll travel to Iran on Monday and report to camp on Tuesday. They will practice Tuesday and Wednesday and play against Syria on Thursday Sept. 2nd. If we bring another coach and we'd risk having Wilmots part II.

Lastly, I would not classify Skocic's game plan as bezan ziresh... And there is a time and place for bezan ziresh anyways, you can't always religiously built up from the back. Watching the Euros 2020, I saw a lot of bezan ziresh. His team selection was generally decent in my opinion and he made great adjustments during the game. What was it that you wanted to see from Skocic that you did not see which would have told you "wow, he has a strong technical game plan"?

Comment

IFF apparently has submitted new crest/logo to AFC for approval. To be unveiled end of this month. Don't hold your breath folks...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
        IFF apparently has submitted new crest/logo to AFC for approval. To be unveiled end of this month. Don't hold your breath folks...

Wow!! Any rumors of what it looks like? Source(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

Link/source?

Comment

All the energy you need for the start of your week

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
              Wow!! Any rumors of what it looks like? Source(s)?
              It's not a logo, it is a new slogan for the next world cup : "it's coming Qom"

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Link/source?
                It came up in my google feed and is on the front page of PL. Still wouldnt bank on it actually happening.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  I needed this today fucking brilliant dude
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

has any1 noticed the similarities between Tractor Logo and Tractor Beverage logo in USA?

Could it be owned by same company?

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                      has any1 noticed the similarities between Tractor Logo and Tractor Beverage logo in USA?

Could it be owned by same company?
                      I see very little similarities. Tbh how many different ways can you design a tractor? They haven't changed much since being invented.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        You are a god damn genius!

Comment

VAR working group met with Azizi Khadem president of IFF earlier today (Sunday). One positive aspect of this is Faghani's participation in this working group. See the report below. Azizi Khadem said that Faghani will continue to participate in this working group via video conferencing when he goes back to Australia. Faghani was invited back in Iran to referee the Perspolis-Esteghlal Hazfi Cup QF. Azizi Khadem invited him back to do that and now he is also a member of the VAR working group. Faghani emphasized that VAR implementation is a long term process and it requires infrastructure and training. The focus is to do Azadi first for the WC qualifying. IFF is making inquiries to 15 FIFA approved VAR providers. Azizi Khadem said that the main problem is not money but the sanctions. For the first time I see two women as members. I hope they do this right with effective project management.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8846/%D8%A8%...9%88%D9%87-var

Go TM!

Comment

^unless the VAR equipment can be purchased from a Russian or Chinese vendor, IFF will have trouble obtaining it. If they can’t get around the sanctions, it will be used against Iran to take away home matches. Faghani is exactly right.

Comment

According to IFF web site Skocic came back to Tehran yesterday morning (Sunday July 25, 2021) to start the planning for AFC Round 3 qualifiers. Well, I would have preferred that he and IFF had started the planning right after the draw on July 7. I miss CQ's sense of urgency. Let's see what they come up with. http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8918/%D8%A8%...B1%D8%A7%D9%86

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                According to IFF web site Skocic came back to Tehran yesterday morning (Sunday July 25, 2021) to start the planning for AFC Round 3 qualifiers. Well, I would have prepared that he and IFF had started the planning right after the draw on July 7. I miss CQ's sense of urgency. Let's see what they come up with. http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/8918/%D8%A8%...B1%D8%A7%D9%86
                                Go TM!
                                Not much they can do really. Maybe they can try to squeeze in a friendly on August 30th but not really worth it. Syria is basically Our friendly match.

Comment

Working...
                                X