Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt a player who has been playing at pro level for many years and has had many interviews would publicly say anything like this. If he has said it perhaps it has been taken out of context.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

TM-News-Vol. 6

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      It’s for something stupid but to me doesn’t need a disciplinary hearing. He swore at some esteghlal fans on video. That’s it.

Now look at what Dembele and Griezmann are in trouble for.
      I am sure there are a lot better examples at top level for our players and especially coaches to learn from. How our players and coaches react to ever decision referees make and their post game comments are just stupid and unprofessional.

After every game there are law suits and cursing and complaints about everything from the ministry of sport, referee, the pitch, the fan, you name it. We either have a bunch of “Naneh man qariban” idiots or this is by design. IMO, these infighting and side issues are designed or welcomed by IRI to keep the crowd preoccupied.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

I dont see it as being that problematic an interview. He was simply praising the discipline/unity of the team under Quieroz which nobody ever questioned was at an unprecedented level in our football history

The comments about Sardar are also fair he just calls him a world class player and says he can do better than Zenit. Taremi keeping it real with that one.

Comment

Boy's gone real high in my estimations for such spoken truths. Keeping shut and pretending what we have is anything close to CQ is an insult to the man who made him and this TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Boy's gone real high in my estimations for such spoken truths. Keeping shut and pretending what we have is anything close to CQ is an insult to the man who made him and this TM.
            i agree, cq literally MADE this mans career by essentially sending him to portugal

Comment

I totally get Mehdi's frustration.

Despite the locker-room hype videos with unnecessary loud music, It's visible from the matches that the players our not really in sync (at least not to the degree they were under CQ).
              Mehdi is going from training under a champions League level coaching, to training under a mid-PGPL coach. Some other players might be content with that. Clock-in, have a bit of fun with your friends, get some pictures for your insta before going back to Europe and having to preform at an Elite level, but apparently not Mehdi.

However, At this point, nothing can be done about the coaching. So no reason to bring up CQ or any other coach. Have to do with what you have and try your best to get some respectable results.

Comment

I believe CQ is a better coach too but you don’t go on tv and say something that basically humiliates the current manager. I’m specifically referring to the part where he agreed when the interviewer asked that some think these wins are more because of individual talent rather than managing.

Even if he believes that he needs to say it more diplomatically. We don’t need drama 2 months before qualifiers.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqbZfUngve4
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^Nice background. Just need to raise his laptop so it's more eye/chest level. Would be a strong 8 on Room Rater.

Comment

Not a difficult group for Iran: expert
                      Sports
                      July 4, 2021 - 16:39

TEHRAN - Football expert Asghar Maziar says that Iran football team have been put in a really good group in the 2022 World Cup qualification Round 3.

Iran are drawn alongside Korea Republic, the UAE, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon in Group A of the final phase of Asian zone qualifying. Group B consists of Japan, Australia, Saudi Arabia, China, Vietnam and Oman.

The AFC’s Technical Study Group member believes that Iran can qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

“In my opinion, South Korea are very strong in our group, while in Group B there are teams such as Japan, Australia, and Saudi Arabia. So, we can say that Iran have been drawn in the better group,” the current coach of Saipa football team told Tehran Times.

“Of course, teams such as Iraq and the UAE also finished their groups as the third team and can make problems for both Iran and Korea. Given the number of teams who can qualify for the World Cup, it’s undoubtedly an easier path for the Iranian national team to secure first or second place in the group. However, it is still fraught with danger, and the pressure will be on for the nation to reach their third consecutive World Cup,” he added.

He also talked about the Iranian football federation’s decision to keep Dragan Skocic as the head coach of the Iran national team.

“My personal opinion was that we could have brought a better coach in terms of the experiences and coaching career to replace Skocic for the next round of the World Cup qualifiers.

“Even though Iran got good results in the second round, the national team’s style of play and the tactical performance were not at a satisfying level. It seemed that Skocic couldn’t affect the team in terms of tactical issues, and the players achieved these results with their individual abilities and talents,” Maziar said.

“Skocic is a good coach, but for the World Cup, we need a more well-known and more experienced manager. However, now, we all will support Skocic and our national team to secure victories over rivals,” Maziar concluded.

Iran will start the 2022 World Cup qualification Round 3 with a match against Syria on Sept. 2.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/462...or-Iran-expert
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

To Skokics defence, i can say i believe that its hard to get the team drilled and fluid in a short term of time with limited camps and friendlies. I have a hard time believing that they could play better or get the defence bulletproof in that round. The team and staff performed well now its up to IFF to give them the chance to have the oppertunity to get it perfect.

thats why CQ was on their ass all the time, cuz eaven CQ needed them to have camps, and friendlies For now Skokic has done well with limited resurses. Sad that CQ is gone but Skocic is ok lets se how it goes after the first 3 games, then we can VAR the situation again
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Mehdi Taremi should know his place, he is a player and does not need to involve himself with the management or coaching. He only needs to do his part which is play football and do what he's good at.

Queiroz was 8 years in charge and Skocic ia just starting. As TM supporter i am already happy that they are not parking the bus. Playing with Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Ghaedi and Torabi at the same time at times is really nice and has so far brought good results.

Taremi's claim that talent and not coaching brought the good results is not only misplaced arrogance but also false. Where was their talent when they lost to Bahrain and Iraq under Wilmots? Let's not put unnecessary pressure on Skocic and let the man do his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                            To Skokics defence, i can say i believe that its hard to get the team drilled and fluid in a short term of time with limited camps and friendlies. I have a hard time believing that they could play better or get the defence bulletproof in that round. The team and staff performed well now its up to IFF to give them the chance to have the oppertunity to get it perfect.
                            thats why CQ was on their ass all the time, cuz eaven CQ needed them to have camps, and friendlies For now Skokic has done well with limited resurses. Sad that CQ is gone but Skocic is ok lets se how it goes after the first 3 games, then we can VAR the situation again
                            This is why the argument for "we need a world-class coach" is just not pragmatic or sufficient for our success. If we had Zidane or Renard as our coach tomorrow, what do you think they can do? Can they lift the sanctions so our team can pay for friendlies/travel/shoes/kits? Can they entice other teams to visit Iran for a friendly? Can they make IFF shell out more money for facilities, staff paychecks on time, etc? CQ did as much as he could (and thank god he did; we'll forever be grateful) and look where it got him: a disrespectful and unappreciative IFF that replaced him with Wiltits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                              Great podcast! love their work.

Comment

These arguments are all being used to pursue peoples own biases against Iranian or foreign coaches as well as IPL versus Euro players.

Theres no reason for constant Skocic and CQ comparisons and rivalry. They have no reason to compete vs each other and no beef between them.

Its still unprofessional comment by Taremi if true. I'm not of the camp that players need to be loyalist foot soldiers either. If MayeliChodan told Dejagah to bekesh ziresh I would expect him to raise his eyebrows. Insulting you head coach in front of the parasitic Iranian sports media is a no no

Comment

Working...
                                X