This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
    with the money we save from skokic's salary, lets pray iff makes up for it with adequate friendly matches against teams from africa or even europe. it would help us with our seeding, and expose our players to different play styles
    You know where the money goes 😂😂

Btw does anyone know what his salary is ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
      You know where the money goes 😂😂
      Btw does anyone know what his salary is ?
      https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:...688702841).jpg

edit: according to the net

SD 400,000
      PLDC - The contract's details of Dragan Skocic with Iran national football team have been disclosed. The 51-year-old Croat coach was appointed as Team Melli coach on Thursday. Tasnim news agency has reported that Skocic has penned a three-year contract and has agreed to earn an annual salary of USD 400,000.8 feb. 2020

https://www.google.com/search?q=drag...hrome&ie=UTF-8
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        I'd like to thank Dragan for making us dream once again. For that brief 2 week period, we all thought we might be getting back our king and being a proper team again.
        You should also thank him for helping keep our dream of making the world cup alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezzy View Post
          If we were to Qualify id be more optimistic with skocic then CQ at going pass the group stage
          Really? on what basis??
          Dont get me wrong all credits to Skocic for getting us out of the hell hole Wilmose left us last year.
          But you look at the evolution of our football in the last 8 years with CQ and how he transformed and gave the team a style and format of playing football.... Yes at times we where more defensive then we would have liked but we had to given the quality and experience we had.

Seeing how much more experienced this current squad has now, I have no doubt that with CQ we would have played more fluid football in WC 2022 and possibly making it to the 2 round.

Never the less I think for now Skocic and the management team are the best choice given how little time is left for the final qualify round and they should get us to the last world cup with 32 teams...

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
            You should also thank him for helping keep our dream of making the world cup alive.
            That too.

If there's one thing the Euros have shown, it's that international sides are all led by inferior managers these days who would struggle to find success at any respectable club so I don't think we're at any major disadvantage with Skocic. We simply gave up the chance to secure a big advantage.

Skocic's shown he's no Wiltits so big up Team Dragan and bring on the qualifiers.

Comment

Not the ideal scenario, but I hope the boys can get their shit together (especially defensively) and start playing better as a unit.

Would also like to see something besides the CBs and the DM booting the ball to the wide attacking players.

No more "we have no time to prep" excuses.

At this point we basically have no choice but to get behind the team and support them (including Skocic).

Comment

Well, stability always helps. I hope Skocic is already thinking big about friendlies. Uzbeks and Jordanians are good candidates since they are both out.

Latest FIFA schedule here (https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...qualifiers/afc <click on Round 3 and then expand each date>) has now confirmed the schedule that came from Varzesh3 ten days ago (see below). I think we should try and get a friendly vs Jordan for the first match vs Oman/Syria. We could also try Oman or Syria depending on who we get in the draw on Thursday. If I were Skocic, I would be pushing that IFF contact all these potential federations in preparation for all the below dates. We need to start the first match on September 2nd with power. Also, I would push Azizi Khadem to get VAR going in Azadi by September 2 or at least by October 12 vs the toughest opponent in our group Australia/South Korea.

1st Leg
                September 2: Iran vs Oman/Syria (pot 5)
                September 7: Iraq/China (pot 4) vs Iran
                October 7: Saudi Arabia/UAE (pot 3) vs Iran
                October 12: Iran vs Australia/South Korea (Pot 2)
                November 11: Vietnam/Lebanon (Pot 6) vs Iran

2nd Leg
                November 16: Oman/Syria vs Iran
                January 27: Iran vs Iraq/China
                Feb 1: Iran vs KSA/UAE
                March 24: Australia/South Korea vs Iran
                March 29: Iran vs Vietnam/Lebanon

Go TM!

Comment

I would also push for a Iran - Japan friendly since we cannot be grouped with them and it can be a good preparation game for S Korea or Australia.

Comment

^ Well said.

Go TM!

Comment

I think we should reach out to Japan for a friendly game, good to get ready for Korea.
                      Maybe a friendly with Scotland to get ready for Australia, and no comment about why, it just sounded good.

Comment

We had reached our ceiling with Queiroz. After 8 years of being headcoach we suffered our biggest defeat in our history against Japan (during the world cup 2006 qualifiers TM had beaten Japan 2-1 with Ivankovic as our coach). Not to mention our defeat against Iraq a team we usually beat (even Afshin Qotbi managed to beat them with forwards such as Gholamreza Rezaei and Reza Norouzi during the AC 2011) and the fact that in two Asian Cups we crashed in the quarter finals and semi final. He also did good things such as qualify Iran to 2 world cups but any decent coach should be able to do that given the quality which we have.

Seeing that we have many quality forwards and attacking players in general it would be a waste to park the bus again and have poor Azmoun running around as our lone forward and then have some here criticize him for being ineffective. It's time to move on from the Queiroz era and play more daring and attacking football, even if it means risk losing. Skocic plays with creative midfielders, something which Queiroz often refused to do. Another thing that separates Dragan from Queiroz is the gameplan, Skocic adapts his strategy during the game if needed while Carlos kept to his ultra defensive style. In conclusion, Queiroz did good when he was HC but let's not exaggerate his accomplishments. Our main strength lies in our attack and Carlos is not the right man for the job. We need a coach that can utilize our strengths and hopefully Skocic is the right man for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                          Well, stability always helps. I hope Skocic is already thinking big about friendlies. Uzbeks and Jordanians are good candidates since they are both out.

Latest FIFA schedule here (https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...qualifiers/afc <click on Round 3 and then expand each date>) has now confirmed the schedule that came from Varzesh3 ten days ago (see below). I think we should try and get a friendly vs Jordan for the first match vs Oman/Syria. We could also try Oman or Syria depending on who we get in the draw on Thursday. If I were Skocic, I would be pushing that IFF contact all these potential federations in preparation for all the below dates. We need to start the first match on September 2nd with power. Also, I would push Azizi Khadem to get VAR going in Azadi by September 2 or at least by October 12 vs the toughest opponent in our group Australia/South Korea.

1st Leg
                          September 2: Iran vs Oman/Syria (pot 5)
                          September 7: Iraq/China (pot 4) vs Iran
                          October 7: Saudi Arabia/UAE (pot 3) vs Iran
                          October 12: Iran vs Australia/South Korea (Pot 2)
                          November 11: Vietnam/Lebanon (Pot 6) vs Iran

2nd Leg
                          November 16: Oman/Syria vs Iran
                          January 27: Iran vs Iraq/China
                          Feb 1: Iran vs KSA/UAE
                          March 24: Australia/South Korea vs Iran
                          March 29: Iran vs Vietnam/Lebanon

Go TM!
                          There are going to be centralised venues for 3rd round of qualification most likely. This is what the people in BigSoccer say according to the sources they looked at. For centralised venues, no country will host any match from its group for the sake of fairness.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/20...2102437/page-5

Comment

Friendly Ideas (Doable, within budget + coaching/political connections) :

Pool 1 : Croatia, Japan, Turkey.

Pool 2 : Georgia, Venezuela, Macedonia

Pool 3 : Armenia, Uzbekistan, Jordan, Qatar (if we dont get them in WCQ).

Comment

people here talking about getting friendlies with Japan and other top countries, but you know goddamn well that IFF end up getting us friendlies with palestine and afghanistan and some other sh*tty countries that end up getting canceled last minute

I'll be happy if IFF can get us 3 friendlies that won't get canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Friendly Ideas (Doable, within budget + coaching/political connections) :

Pool 1 : Croatia, Japan, Turkey.

Pool 2 : Georgia, Venezuela, Macedonia

Pool 3 : Armenia, Uzbekistan, Jordan, Qatar (if we dont get them in WCQ).
                                Good teams to play in a friendly….Uzbekistan we play a little too much though as it is. Also Qatar we won’t be playing Qatar in WCQs since they’re not in the competition at this point since they are the host for 2022
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X