This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Lol, mate when Azizi was doing the crap SC is doing he was considered a disgrace to Iranian football, but this cry baby does this at least 4 times this season and he's "passionate". Most "southern european" passionate managers don't even get 4 red cards in their careers, let alone in a single season.

It's obvious to almost every neutral and even most Porto fans how disgraceful the behaviour of their management is. Like you can root for Mehdi and also acknowledge the short-comings of Porto.

Either way, we're stuck cheering for this mental asylum of a football club as long as Mehdi is there. So it is, what it is I guess.
    I have grown this season to love the club & most all their fans in general ..!
    However your right about SC being too much a head-case, yet you oughta give it to him the fact that his passion for the club is infectious, especially so to his rather squad & the fact that he is getting ALot more than usual outa nearly every player in his playing squad ..!
    In fact, just purely looking @ the squad Buget & Overall Caliber, Porto has no business being in CL, much less getting within 1 goal of appearance in the CL semis, & in league they should easily be trailing the likes Benfica & here we are with only a few more matches remaining & they still have a chance of even winning the league, be it a slim chance after the recent round’s results..!

He certainly needs to tone it down a bit though, as his temper is also becoming a bit a liability for his team now & that will defeat the whole purpose of passion ..!
    There is a fine balancing act required to keep the passion as a helpful mean & hurtful one though ..! Sometimes he overplays it & ends up hurting his team in process but overall, His overall coaching performance has been rather successful and a positive one..!

Comment

Overall Portuguese are very passionate and emotional people (pretty much like ourselves and Italians) they can be very hot-blooded and temperamental. The funny thing is that we share a lot in common. Just to name a few passionate and emotional. Coaches: Carlos Queiroz, Tony Oliveira, José Mourinho, and of course Sérgio Conceiçao etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        I have grown this season to love the club & most all their fans in general ..!
        However your right about SC being too much a head-case, yet you oughta give it to him the fact that his passion for the club is infectious, especially so to his rather squad & the fact that he is getting ALot more than usual outa nearly every player in his playing squad ..!
        In fact, just purely looking @ the squad Buget & Overall Caliber, Porto has no business being in CL, much less getting within 1 goal of appearance in the CL semis, & in league they should easily be trailing the likes Benfica & here we are with only a few more matches remaining & they still have a chance of even winning the league, be it a slim chance after the recent round’s results..!

He certainly needs to tone it down a bit though, as his temper is also becoming a bit a liability for his team now & that will defeat the whole purpose of passion ..!
        There is a fine balancing act required to keep the passion as a helpful mean & hurtful one though ..! Sometimes he overplays it & ends up hurting his team in process but overall, His overall coaching performance has been rather successful and a positive one..!
        Yea even though I don't rate his offensive tactics much, he has definitely achieved something great this season in CL. My initial point was that for a neutrals and fans of other teams, Porto (as an organisation) makes very easy to hate/dislike them. They are basically Sergio Ramos/Luis Suarez of Portoguese football clubs

Comment

Mehdi has 19 goals and 13 assists in all comps this season. If he can finish up with 20 and 15 that’ll be a superb 1st season in Porto

Comment

Conceição may face a heavy suspension, depending on referee report.

The referee from Moreirense match is under personal police protection.

Conceição to Referee
            "You stole a championship from me"
            "You are a thief"
            "That was 2 PKs..."

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Conceição may face a heavy suspension, depending on referee report.
              The referee from Moreirense match is under personal police protection.
              Conceição to Referee
              "You stole a championship from me"
              "You are a thief"
              "That was 2 PKs..."

I don't care whether Ceicao reacts badly or whatever, but the game was whistled right from the beginning against Porto. The way Moreirense played was as if they had been given the green light to foul as much as they like and they did. There was two pk that should have been awarded and there was a goal disallowed for 10cm offside!! This is ridiculous. He is justified to be angry and justified to call the ref a thief who stole the chance of championship from Porto. They hate Porto?! fine but they can't do what they are doing right in front of the cameras.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

SC suspended for 21 days. Porto to appeal.

He'll miss 4 matches, including Benfica and has also been fined 10,000€.

Comment

The manager is really going out of his way to make Mehdi feel at home. Next step would be to change the name of the club to Shahid Da Silva or something. At this point only thing that differentiates liga nos from persian pro league are the commentators.

Comment

It was a stolen match that offside call was pathetic.
                    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

About every game iv seen with Porto this season, the refs been scandalous.. Asia Cup-referee-scandalous or worse!

I understand that he snapped when he understood that the title race is over.
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        About every game iv seen with Porto this season, the refs been scandalous.. Asia Cup-referee-scandalous or worse!
                        LOL, I often think of AFC TM matches when watching Porto, exactly because of questionable ref calls and the un-ending injury times...it's probably why I now love Porto so much, it reminds me of my PTSD with TM =)

Comment

Match info for tomorrow. Vitor Bruno (SC's assistant) will take over as head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post

It goes both ways though. His team has also benefited from questionable calls as well. Even in this last game there was scenario where the other should have penalty, but the ref played on.

They lost the title race because they don't have a consistent attacking gameplan, their players being selfish, giving away two points against weak teams, and poor finishing by their forwards to an extent. They did a lot of things right ( how they got far in the CL ), but they also have some fundamental flaws which prevented them from winning the title.

Comment

Masaleye Porto az didgaahe man in ast ke vaghti teamhaa MIKESHAN AGHAAB nemidone
                              che kaar kone taa khate defaaie harif raa beshkane.

Dar zemn rooznaameye O Jogo pishbini mikone ke emrooz Toni Martínez

be jaaye Marega dar khate hamle kenaare Taremi baazi kone.

ke vaghean hagheshe chon in chand hafteye akhir amalkarde khoobi daashte.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                It goes both ways though. His team has also benefited from questionable calls as well. Even in this last game there was scenario where the other should have penalty, but the ref played on.

They lost the title race becausethey don't have a consistent attacking gameplan, their players being selfish, giving away two points against weak teams, and poor finishing by their forwards to an extent. They did a lot of things right ( how they got far in the CL ), but they also have some fundamental flaws which prevented them from winning the title
                                I do agree with that to 100 %, but the refs has been really crazy in many games though..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X