X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC is planning for OT

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think SC is actually doing it wisely. They won't be playing attacking football at start. They will try to maintain the game and possibly score a goal in first half possibly by set peices . If they don't succeed they will go full attack mode with two strikers (mehdi and marega).

SC is trying not to concede in first half.

Mehdi will play in 2nd half . Don't worry guys he will get his goal.

Comment

What a disappointment. The front-line was pretty much toothless without Taremi, and now that he is eligible to play they bench him. Instead of coming out of the gates swinging, we get this line up. I guess SC forgot that they'll need to score 3 or more.

Comment

Sorry guys, it just doesn't make any sense unless something has happened with Mehdi and he is not fully available (like a knock during training that they have kept under the wrap). Otherwise, its completely illogical to not use one of your best scorers, scoring chance creators and defensive players as a sub when you start against one of the most solid defenses in EPL and down 2-0.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            One goal by Chelsea and Porto will need 4 goals!!!!!!! 3 goals will eliminate Porto. So SC is trying to not get scored on in the first half and hopefully, get a lucky goal. Then you have one half to have Taremi score a goal without conceding... They really put themselves in a hole by losing 2-0 at home on the first leg...
            Well put.

Chelsea under Tuchel is very stout defensively. "Scoring 3 goals" is much easier said than done. If SC goes all out attack, they'll be vulnerable to Chelsea's speedy counter attacks, and one Chelsea goal will mean the tie is over.

It seems like SC's tactic is to remain stout defensively and try to hit Chelsea on the counters. If/when time, he'll bring in Mehdi to put the nail in the coffin. It sucks that his tactic comes at the expense of our boy, but I see his mindset.

Comment

I think porto would need 3 goals (away rule) not 4 goals? wasn't the 1st game porto the host? and this game chelsea the host?
              so 3-3 would mean porto going thro? right?

or was chelsea the host in 1st leg?
              Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
              One goal by Chelsea and Porto will need 4 goals!!!!!!! 3 goals will eliminate Porto. So SC is trying to not get scored on in the first half and hopefully, get a lucky goal. Then you have one half to have Taremi score a goal without conceding... They really put themselves in a hole by losing 2-0 at home on the first leg...

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                I think 3 goals not 4 goals? wasn't the 1st game porto the host? and this game chelsea the host?

Porto was the host in first game.

Comment

Is it possible that Sergio just doesn’t trust him for a big game like this because of the red cards he got against Benfica and Juventus?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                    I think 3 goals not 4 goals? wasn't the 1st game porto the host? and this game chelsea the host?

Oh, my bad. You are correct. 3-1 and Chelsea gets eliminated. You just moved me to the camp of "what the hell is SC thinking"...

Comment

okay so in that case 3-3 would get porto to next round.
                      Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                      Porto was the host in first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                        Come on, you would NOT have benched you best offensive player when you desperately need a win with 2 goals. That's crazy.
                        He is clearly planning to park the bus and bringing in a fresh and hungry Taremi.
                        It's a mind game too. He knew Tuchel would go for counter attacks knowing Porto needs to score.
                        Would have loved to see Taremi start of course.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Whats the porto forums saying ??

Comment

He knows that I have to put my son to bed at about 8pm so he is giving me time to read a bed time story 😃

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              Is it possible that Sergio just doesn’t trust him for a big game like this because of the red cards he got against Benfica and Juventus?
                              I think it is the case. Like when beiro was dumped after his Glasgow blunder

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Well put.

Chelsea under Tuchel is very stout defensively. "Scoring 3 goals" is much easier said than done. If SC goes all out attack, they'll be vulnerable to Chelsea's speedy counter attacks, and one Chelsea goal will mean the tie is over.

It seems like SC's tactic is to remain stout defensively and try to hit Chelsea on the counters. If/when time, he'll bring in Mehdi to put the nail in the coffin. It sucks that his tactic comes at the expense of our boy, but I see his mindset.
                                Even if he wants to play with one forward, he should have chosen Mehdi. Marega did get his chance last game without any success.

Comment

Working...
                                X