X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn nice header

Comment

Comment

most probably Mehdi is in a toxic relationship again! He is not concentrated enough.

Comment

No other TM player has been such a magnet for PK draws. His timing, body positioning, and style are one of a kind.

Comment

It’s clear though that even is SC wants to start one of the reserve strikers, it would be Marega who is dropped first. We’ve seen that when he does a one striker formation he rates Mehdi higher.

Even if he misses these chances though his intangibles are one of a kind. Constantly making intelligent runs, constantly pressing and occupying the defense. There’s a reason it was him in front of the goal today and not marega on both those misses.

Comment

Lol I remember when he used to play in IPL he used to get penalties left and right. Then " 90 TV show " did an clip item on him and showed how he does it. After that the refs didn't give him any penalties, even if it was an actually legit one. They only way they gave it to him was if it was a clear and obvious one, otherwise the refs didn't give any penalties on him.

Originally posted by diz View Post
              No other TM player has been such a magnet for PK draws. His timing, body positioning, and style are one of a kind.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Lol I remember when he used to play in IPL he used to get penalties left and right. Then " 90 TV show " did an clip item on him and showed how he does it. After that the refs didn't give him any penalties, even if it was an actually legit one. They only way they gave it to him was if it was a clear and obvious one, otherwise the refs didn't give any penalties on him.
                He clearly sells it well, but the ones that are called PKs are legit. In Liga NOS at least, there are plenty of times he goes down (including in today's match) and doesn't get a foul/PK call. I believe his penalty today was even reviewed by VAR today before Sergio Olivera took it.

Comment

the Porto subreddit /r/fcporto is pretty active. Interesting to see their reactions after these past few weeks.

Comment

Yea his penalties are legit but he defo knows how to get a penalty. Like for example somtimes the contact might not be strong enough for him to go down but he does it so perfectly that even in VAR its a penalty. This is why I asked if there are any VAR's in our WCQ and sadly there isn't . I doubt the ref giving us any NON-OBVIOUS penatlties.
                    Originally posted by diz View Post
                    He clearly sells it well, but the ones that are called PKs are legit. In Liga NOS at least, there are plenty of times he goes down (including in today's match) and doesn't get a foul/PK call. I believe his penalty today was even reviewed by VAR today before Sergio Olivera took it.

Comment

Comment

missed the game .... any better highlight reels ?? didnt see much of the PK scene..?

the one header miss was'nt a big sitter per say.... when the cross is too low and more importantly is going away from him fast towards the goal its a lot harder than it may seem trying to connect with it and redirect it into goal..! i didnt see the other big miss folks talking about in this highlights ..

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          same think has happened to him pretty much in Liga Nos ...! he got a ignorant reputation as a Diver in this league because of his many, most all legitimately earned pks and now the refs dont even award him the clear fouls on him in the box any more, unless its way too blatant and obvious like the SC keeper taking him out today..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            missed the game .... any better highlight reels ?? didnt see much of the PK scene..?

the one header miss was'nt a big sitter per say.... when the cross is too low and more importantly is going away from him fast towards the goal its a lot harder than it may seem trying to connect with it and redirect it into goal..! i didnt see the other big miss folks talking about in this highlights ..
                            Here you go dadash. This one has Mehdi's best chance that he booted in the air. Perhaps, being around Hajsafi in the TM camp affected Mehdi

Go Mehdi!

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/230...%D8%B1%D8%A7-1

Comment

Yea i've seen that but sometimes it goes to VAR and he is awarded the penalty. I've seen it 2 times going to VAR.

I have feeling mehdi is in a new toxic relationship. He is just not concentrated enough.
                              Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              same think has happened to him pretty much in Liga Nos ...! he got a ignorant reputation as a Diver in this league because of his many, most all legitimately earned pks and now the refs dont even award him the clear fouls on him in the box any more, unless its way too blatant and obvious like the SC keeper taking him out today..!

Comment

The good thing is that since he has to miss the first Chelsea game, he is very likely to get 90 more minutes next weekend. He has to redeem himself there. Good game and he'll guarantee himself a start on the return leg of Chelsea. He also need to look less devested after he misses a scoring opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X