This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serghe View Post
    I have a Porto home shirt with Mehdi #9 in size large if anyone is interested. Dm me. Wanted to see if anyone here wanted it before I stuck it on eBay.
    He gets sent off in 1 game and you sell his shirt?!? That's so harsh!

I'm only kidding 😂 I'd have bought it if I had the money, big man!

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
      He gets sent off in 1 game and you sell his shirt?!? That's so harsh!

I'm only kidding 😂 I'd have bought it if I had the money, big man!
      Lol, no I just ordered a medium cause large was too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
        Disagree! ... it won't be forgotten.

Are you telling me that you forgot how he got a red card for a careless act in the game against China only to miss the game against Japan. What about that comedy classic act of our defense line who stopped playing only to attach the referee in the game against Japan costing us the Asian championship that we really deserved. And what about Al-Kasir who made perspolise pay for his lack of brain. This is not some matter that can be forgotten soon ... our football culture needs to be changed. I have followed football everywhere and played with so many different nationalities, never seen the silly behavior of Iranian players anywhere.
        I don't recall Taremi getting a red card against China during AFC 2019... He had a yellow in the game against Vietnam in the group stage, then he got another one in the game against China. Rules stated that two yellow cards (doesn't have to be two yellows in back to back matches), results in the next game being suspended, and the yellow card count resets after the quarter finals. Dumb rule if you ask me. I understand if it was back to back games, but the game against Oman Taremi went without a yellow which was the match in between our last group match against Vietnam and the match against China.

We can argue the lack of focus/discipline of Iranian players all day long, but lets not forget some of the rules are just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          I don't recall Taremi getting a red card against China during AFC 2019... He had a yellow in the game against Vietnam in the group stage, then he got another one in the game against China. Rules stated that two yellow cards (doesn't have to be two yellows in back to back matches), results in the next game being suspended, and the yellow card count resets after the quarter finals. Dumb rule if you ask me. I understand if it was back to back games, but the game against Oman Taremi went without a yellow which was the match in between our last group match against Vietnam and the match against China.
          We can argue the lack of focus/discipline of Iranian players all day long, but lets not forget some of the rules are just dumb.
          Also, he literally slipped against China and got the second yellow - it was exceptionally harsh for someone to get a yellow for that.

Comment

Taremi never learns!

He is victim of the corrupt football culture in Iran where it is okay to behave and act in this manner.

He put the whole team at risk of bowing out with his selfishness. His teammates put on a heck of a display to make up for his stupidity.
            I agree to the jest of your point, however the incident imo was sparked more outa his Inexperience to cleverly deal with the level of Gamesmanships that often occurs at such vital junctures of a do or die tourneys than pure stupidity ..!!
            The level of gamesmanship between these two sides was especially thick and heavy considering such antics are especially engrained in football cultures of these two EU leagues.!!
            highlights the fact that there is a Fine Line between playing with high intensity (gheyrati)game and still staying mindful of the big picture of things..!!
            he must learn at a very least and not to succumb to the stress of the game situation and play into hand of the opposition mind games, if unable to exercise some some of his own gamesmanship antics in order to unnerve your opponent and/or get favorable calls from the ref..!
            in addition of putting his club in a major pickle and on verge of elimination from CL from that silly frustration kick, this was also a huge lost opportunity for him to experience first hand and learn the proper adaption (from his more Experienced teammates and opponents ..! ) to the gamesmanship skills required in order to be come out Victor from such high stress and profile matchups..!!

like you, im very fearful of similar sorta amateur meltdown end up costing us entry into WC22..!! especially so in the vital and high stress match-ups coming up vs Iraq and Bahrainis who are especially skilled in applying dirty ploys in order to psych our players into silly fouls and sent-offs and essentially turn our high intensity levels and gheyrati playing strengths against us and essentially mind-fk a superior footballing opponent outa the WCQ through self-destruction...!

Mehdi should certainly go back and watch the footage of the minutes he missed in Tuesday's game.... ..! (this was a fantastic example of gamesmanship in football..!) over and over again and learn from the professionals (Pepe, Tecatito, ronaldo, etc..!) how to manipulate the ref's decisions without pissing him off and how to take Momentum away from your opponent at vital junctures of the game and how to reduce pressures on your team with a clever dive/Grolling and other gamesmanship in order to slow their roll and to how to professionally psych and fk with your opponent's confidence levels and induce them into self-destructive behavior..!

Ps
            TM should hire me if they really want a genuine EXPERT in Gamesmanship field ...!! anyone who's ever played against me can certify to that Fact..!!

Comment

Further recognition from the FC Porto twitter page

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                I agree to the jest of your point, however the incident imo was sparked more outa his Inexperience to cleverly deal with the level of Gamesmanships that often occurs at such vital junctures of a do or die tourneys than pure stupidity ..!!
                The level of gamesmanship between these two sides was especially thick and heavy considering such antics are especially engrained in football cultures of these two EU leagues.!!
                highlights the fact that there is a Fine Line between playing with high intensity (gheyrati)game and still staying mindful of the big picture of things..!!
                he must learn at a very least and not to succumb to the stress of the game situation and play into hand of the opposition mind games, if unable to exercise some some of his own gamesmanship antics in order to unnerve your opponent and/or get favorable calls from the ref..!
                in addition of putting his club in a major pickle and on verge of elimination from CL from that silly frustration kick, this was also a huge lost opportunity for him to experience first hand and learn the proper adaption (from his more Experienced teammates and opponents ..! ) to the gamesmanship skills required in order to be come out Victor from such high stress and profile matchups..!!

like you, im very fearful of similar sorta amateur meltdown end up costing us entry into WC22..!! especially so in the vital and high stress match-ups coming up vs Iraq and Bahrainis who are especially skilled in applying dirty ploys in order to psych our players into silly fouls and sent-offs and essentially turn our high intensity levels and gheyrati playing strengths against us and essentially mind-fk a superior footballing opponent outa the WCQ through self-destruction...!

Mehdi should certainly go back and watch the footage of the minutes he missed in Tuesday's game.... ..! (this was a fantastic example of gamesmanship in football..!) over and over again and learn from the professionals (Pepe, Tecatito, ronaldo, etc..!) how to manipulate the ref's decisions without pissing him off and how to take Momentum away from your opponent at vital junctures of the game and how to reduce pressures on your team with a clever dive/Grolling and other gamesmanship in order to slow their roll and to how to professionally psych and fk with your opponent's confidence levels and induce them into self-destructive behavior..!

Ps
                TM should hire me if they really want a genuine EXPERT in Gamesmanship field ...!! anyone who's ever played against me can certify to that Fact..!!
                Couldn’t have said it any better....the problem is we have too many fans, players, coaches, etc. who don’t talk enough about or even acknowledge the existence of our biggest issue which is keeping our cool psychologically and refraining from the amateur/dumb nonsense we saw from Mehdi the other day. There was absolutely no reason or justification for him to boot that ball up CLEARLY after the whistle blew then there are ppl here coming and saying we’re crappy fans for calling it for what it is instead of not saying “it’s ok it’s our Mehdi he’s perfect and could do no wrong”......it’s pathetic. It’s the reason why we have meltdowns like we did in AC in 2015 and 2019 and ACL this past year and much more....the evidence is all there but some want to hide from it at all costs.

Also BL for TM for gamesmanship coach!
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Couldn’t have said it any better....the problem is we have too many fans, players, coaches, etc. who don’t talk enough about or even acknowledge the existence of our biggest issue which is keeping our cool psychologically and refraining from the amateur/dumb nonsense we saw from Mehdi the other day. There was absolutely no reason or justification for him to boot that ball up CLEARLY after the whistle blew then there are ppl here coming and saying we’re crappy fans for calling it for what it is instead of not saying “it’s ok it’s our Mehdi he’s perfect and could do no wrong”......it’s pathetic. It’s the reason why we have meltdowns like we did in AC in 2015 and 2019 and ACL this past year and much more....the evidence is all there but some want to hide from it at all costs.

Also BL for TM for gamesmanship coach!
                  I think the reason he got pissed off maybe that he could see himself scoring a certain goal or at the least a penalty. and tbh I think the ref fucked up when he called for a foul that wasn't a foul in any other situation.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

Ps
                    Great points bro. The only thing I would add is that Taremi is not completely clueless when it comes to gamesmanship. He has used it to get penalties more than anyone else at Liga Nos. He needs to bring those skills to all other aspects of his game. This is true in general about life. We find ourselves effective in certain areas and ineffective in others. Only if we learn how to bring the skills in areas where we are effective to the ones we are not.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      I think the reason he got pissed off maybe that he could see himself scoring a certain goal or at the least a penalty. and tbh I think the ref fucked up when he called for a foul that wasn't a foul in any other situation.
                      Agreed 100%
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Disagree! ... it won't be forgotten.

Are you telling me that you forgot how he got a red card for a careless act in the game against China only to miss the game against Japan. What about that comedy classic act of our defense line who stopped playing only to attach the referee in the game against Japan costing us the Asian championship that we really deserved. And what about Al-Kasir who made perspolise pay for his lack of brain. This is not some matter that can be forgotten soon ... our football culture needs to be changed. I have followed football everywhere and played with so many different nationalities, never seen the silly behavior of Iranian players anywhere.
                        Agha alaan lashgare PFDC mirizan root. Harfeto zood pas begir hahahahaha JK

Folks, we all love Taremi. I got one he currently is my favorite Iranian player, be it technically, level of strength, amazing positioning, scoring precision, aerial excellence, his great personality and composure both on and off pitch, and finally his interest in learning English and other foreign languages. But having said that all he needs to be smarter than this and control his emotions.

Also I have played football all my life and still do. Our people are the worse in terms of getting into verbal fights etc. In LA I played in leagues and often most of my teammates happened to be Iranians. Guess what our teams always and always were the loudest, most obnoxious with the highest tempers compared to all other teams. Suffice to say playing 6 vs 6 league, typically there were 4-5 matches being played simultaneously, yet you could only hear the Iranian team’s arguments and shoutings at one another or at the opponents.

Let’s be honest we are one hot-headed nation and very temperamental and sensitive. It’s part of the culture unfortunately. I gave up playing with my folks, simply because if the same reason. I just felt embarrassed every time we played.

Team honarmandane LA ro ham ke don’t even get me started with. Hanooz soote shoroo keshide nashode bazikona shoroo mikonan be daado dava and cussing. I kid you not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          O-Zone jan, fair enough, but lets bring up Zidane in 98 then. He wasn't a legend at that point yet (Despite being Zidane of course) and he missed a bunch of WC games because he got a dumb red card versus Saudi Arabia.
                          My point was that the very best of the best do these sorts of things. Its not just an Iranian thing.
                          Internationally maybe. But by 1998 Zidane had already won hardware in 6-7 competitions leading up to the WC win. No comparison in my books.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Internationally maybe. But by 1998 Zidane had already won hardware in 6-7 competitions leading up to the WC win. No comparison in my books.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            O-Zone, my point simply being players make mistakes and we mostly forgive them for it.
                            Iranian players are no better or worse for this.

Comment

Jamie Carragher who is not exactly one to shy away from singling out players makes a good point about the call:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxpSHofVjas

I would tend to agree with him. It's a balanced argument. Porto fans will forget, especially when Taremi scores that next big goal. The one thing you note watching the highlights is how many chances they stuffed up that Taremi could have put away.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X