This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    I agree with gheyrat (grit) yet defense was still problematic. They got lucky multiple times too. Of course, luck always plays role. Juve was also lucky multiple times and they had the ref's decisions on their side. I still think SC should work on defense, markups and so on, especially when you are playing with ten men. Right back allowed too many open receiving of the services and the Juve's third goal was a free header.
    Go Mehdi!
    at this point its obvious they have some players who are not at the CL level. Manafa is 1. Although he is way more assertive on offense than earlier in the season he is clueless defensively and always gets sucked in on those backpost crosses (very reminiscent of ramin actually). Unfortunately there is very little SC can do imo, there are no alternative options (the best one is super young and on loan at reading in the championship) so they just have to back manafa and hope he pulls thru/pepe covers his ass

I hope next szn to really sustain a deep CL run again AND reclaim league title they are able to invest in some upgrades in certain positions. A new starting RB, an alternative LB (although sanusi was good yesterday he is only senior LB in the squad), an additional CB, plus a CAM would go a long way to addressing some of the deficiencies. Good news is, the work of Mehdi and the entire squad, even the players visibly not at the level but still playing their balls off, will go a long way to allowing this to happen considering the 80 mil their CL performances have already brought in for the club this season

Comment

Sérgio Oliveira's message to Taremi: ″ We all suffer together ″

FC Porto midfielder commented on the publication of the Iranian striker, sent off in the Turin game against Juventus.

Mehdi Taremi could not contain her tears after the game between Juventus and FC Porto ended on Tuesday in Turin. The dragon striker was sent off after 54 minutes of play and, in the end, embraced Sérgio Conceição and several teammates, in a mixture of emotion and relief for seeing the qualification for the quarter-finals of the Champions League guaranteed. , despite the 3-2 defeat.

This Wednesday, via social media, Taremi left a note of thanks - "Thank God!" - and Sérgio Oliveira, one of the team captains of FC Porto, took the opportunity to stress the union of the group of players. "We all suffer together, always," wrote the Portuguese international in Mehdi's Instagram comment box.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13441060.html

Comment

Taremi once again deserved the preference of the coaches of Liga Nos

Mehdi Taremi, of FC Porto, is the Forward of the Month for Liga NOS in February, with 31% of the votes of the main coaches of the competition. The Iranian international is distinguished for the third consecutive month and surpassed the votes obtained by Piazón (Braga), who stood at 16%, and by Carlos Júnior. (Santa Clara), which collected 10% of the votes.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13441027.html

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
          One word to describe this Porto team:

GHEYRAT

That is all.

I have never felt like watching a team meli game until watching this porto team in the CL.

The passion, drive, and team spirit is incredible and the reason that a massively inferior team on paper was outclassing juve pre red card and managed to pull through to advance in spite of one
          With the main driving force in form of Captain Pepe! He's the definition of gheyrat in the European football 👍👊

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
          به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Taremi once again deserved the preference of the coaches of Liga Nos

Mehdi Taremi, of FC Porto, is the Forward of the Month for Liga NOS in February, with 31% of the votes of the main coaches of the competition. The Iranian international is distinguished for the third consecutive month and surpassed the votes obtained by Piazón (Braga), who stood at 16%, and by Carlos Júnior. (Santa Clara), which collected 10% of the votes.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13441027.html
            This is absolutely phenomenal. I don't think we have ever had this that at a credible European league an Iranian player accomplishes this honor three months in a row. Please note that the coaches are voting! Let's just cherish this moment regardless of what happened in the past and what future will bring.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Sérgio Oliveira's message to Taremi: ″ We all suffer together ″

FC Porto midfielder commented on the publication of the Iranian striker, sent off in the Turin game against Juventus.

Mehdi Taremi could not contain her tears after the game between Juventus and FC Porto ended on Tuesday in Turin. The dragon striker was sent off after 54 minutes of play and, in the end, embraced Sérgio Conceição and several teammates, in a mixture of emotion and relief for seeing the qualification for the quarter-finals of the Champions League guaranteed. , despite the 3-2 defeat.

This Wednesday, via social media, Taremi left a note of thanks - "Thank God!" - and Sérgio Oliveira, one of the team captains of FC Porto, took the opportunity to stress the union of the group of players. "We all suffer together, always," wrote the Portuguese international in Mehdi's Instagram comment box.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13441060.html
                https://youtu.be/zq_DE6dYsh0
                ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
                  I don't speak Portuguese, but I know what the announcer was saying! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Classy comments by oliveira....he was the first one I really noticed take to Mehdi on social media and always got the vibe that they were close. Good to see he is a great leader and friend who is worthy of the armband of the big club he represents. Also was very happy to see SC embrace Taremi that was very father-like/CQ-esque. As angry as I was/am with Mehdi I would have done the same thing in that situation especially knowing how emotional he is. That’s what makes SC a great coach, he knows each of his players well from what I can see.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

IDK that felt like one of the best games I've seen in years? Was it just cuz of Taremi? IDK
                      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                        IDK that felt like one of the best games I've seen in years? Was it just cuz of Taremi? IDK
                        And it was a character building game and experience. It is going to help the team during the next round having gone through this game. Damn, even when Mehdi messes up, he ends up helping the team!!!! Too bad two of their best players will miss the first leg.

Comment

What can we do to get more Iranians in Porto? This club has won me over big time. Would be a dream come true if SC went to a big Spanish or Italian club and took Mehdi with him and then CQ takes over Porto and brings 3-4 of his Irooni sons to the club
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

gholizadeh would be a great fit for Porto imo, and with corona likely leaving in the summer he would present a very affordable, still young with potentially high resale value, versatile, energetic option for that position.

On the left it seems they are replacing otavio with Pepe from Gremio.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                              It was an awesome match. The back and forth, give it everything mentality really made it an awesome match. Bummer that Mehdi got sent off, but who knows, if he stayed on maybe it would've been a snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                gholizadeh would be a great fit for Porto imo, and with corona likely leaving in the summer he would present a very affordable, still young with potentially high resale value, versatile, energetic option for that position.

On the left it seems they are replacing otavio with Pepe from Gremio.
                                Gholizadeh and Milad both would do great.

Comment

Working...
                                X