Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^mehdi owes him chelokabob for life after bailing his ass last night ..... !

Comment

Did mehdi just win back go back player of the month awards?! In the league

What does 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗰̧𝗮𝗱𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝗠𝗲̂𝘀! mean anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
        Did mehdi just win back go back player of the month awards?! In the league

What does 𝗔𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗰̧𝗮𝗱𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝗠𝗲̂𝘀! mean anyway?
        forward of the month

Comment

Mehdi was once again voted Player of the Month by the Liga NOS coaches.

https://twitter.com/ligaportugal/sta...53648037396480

Comment

Comment

Comment

Former coach Fabio Capello slammed Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo for ‘turning in the wall’ in the decisive moment of the ChampionsLeague exit against FCPorto.

'UNFORGIVABLE!': Cristiano Ronaldo slammed for his role in Porto's extra-time winner by Fabio Capello after being 'scared of the ball' and turning his back on Sergio Oliveira's free-kick as Juventus are sent crashing out

That was an unforgivable error,” Capello told Sky Sport Italia.

“In my day, you chose the players who went into the wall and they couldn’t be someone afraid of the ball.

“They were scared of the ball and jumped away from it, turning their backs. That’s unforgivable. You see only the youngest players actually stepped in and showed their face during the tough moments.

“In this team, there are some veterans who turn up when they win to take the credit, then are nowhere to be seen when they lose.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mpression=true
                https://www.football365.com/news/fab...juventus-error

Comment

Here is the highlights
                  https://youtu.be/byl05e80AP0
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    yea man, i regret not being able to finish watching and missing out on the most intense late hour or so..!!

not sure if anyone mentioned this but was anyone else besides me were highly disappointed and annoyed with Tecatito's (and as a result Manefa's) dog-shitt overall performance in yesterday's game..!? ffs how many fking times does this guy Chiesa has to run behind your line and beat your ass and score on you before you man the fk up and contain him..?? it aint like he is a slow nor incapable of doing so..!!
                    sure the obvious fall guy for that match may be Mehdi for the sudden rush of blood to head which ended with him getting red carded ...but before that incident he along with Marchesin were the standout Porto duo on the pitch and he did score early in last leg to set the tone for juve struggles in the last match and nearly scored last night before winning the All Important initial away goal/pk..!!
                    Don't worry, you saved a couple of years of your life span by not watching the whole match. Watching this match was as stressful as watching TM play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                      Peghaame hambastegie Sergio Oliveria baraye Taremi:

"Sofremos todos juntos" (hame ba ham miranjim).

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13441060.html

Damesh garm, neshoon mide ke hambastegi dar in team moheme.

Behtarin chizi ke alan mitone pish biyaad ine ke Mehid rooze yekshanbeh dar lig yek amalkarde khoobi daashte baashe.
                      Damesh garm, ba inke Porto por az bazikonhaye khore hast - hadde aghal dar in sharayet havaye hamdigar ra daran.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                        One word to describe this Porto team:

GHEYRAT

That is all.

I have never felt like watching a team meli game until watching this porto team in the CL.

The passion, drive, and team spirit is incredible and the reason that a massively inferior team on paper was outclassing juve pre red card and managed to pull through to advance in spite of one
                        I agree with gheyrat (grit) yet defense was still problematic. They got lucky multiple times too. Of course, luck always plays role. Juve was also lucky multiple times and they had the ref's decisions on their side. I still think SC should work on defense, markups and so on, especially when you are playing with ten men. Right back allowed too many open receiving of the services and the Juve's third goal was a free header.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          there is no argument for he didnt hear so we can stop talking about that one lol.

There was enough time for him to back out of the shot (I think he was trying to lob GK who was off his line) but i think he just had a momentary lapse in judgement, ok to admit, and went for it. Whether that was just trying to kill some time, be a bit sheytoon, or whatever the case is it was naive to do that.

But its really hard to not argue the harshness of the decision. Esp when you consider the fact alex sandro on a yellow card committed 2 separate fouls to stop counter attacks, both of which were given as fouls and were clear yellow card offenses that were being given all night (like taremi's first yellow, but worse because he was stopping counters, not going for ball to start them) that suddenly ref didnt give. Cuadrado had similar situation.

The way juve players surrounded ref like vultures also made up his mind.

He will learn a harsh lesson from tonight though about controlling everything mentally in big moments (which is why we want our players to be on this stage, so they learn and when they come to WC for TM we do not look like an amateur side for the first 30 mins bc everybody is shitting their pants!). He is naturally a very cool so its weird to see him do something like that.
                          This is an excellent post. We need more of this around here. It objectively covers multiple angles and brings up a great point about our players being in big games and learn how to react in big moments. If Mehdi had this kind of experience prior to 2018 WC, he probably would have scored last second against Portugal. That's water under the bridge yet it is very important and valid for future of Mehdi and all of our TM players/prospects.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                            I agree with gheyrat (grit) yet defense was still problematic. They got lucky multiple times too. Of course, luck always plays role. Juve was also lucky multiple times and they had the ref's decisions on their side. I still think SC should work on defense, markups and so on, especially when you are playing with ten men. Right back allowed too many open receiving of the services and the Juve's third goal was a free header.

Go Mehdi!
                            I agree with your comments about the defense, specially the right back having trouble. In addition to that their midfield need some attention too. The players are skilled, but there were multiple situations in the first half which if they had distributed the ball with less touch, they definitely could've made more of their counters. There were also some "selfish" shots taken by Corona, Oliveira and Otavio. Granted I know Oliveira saved Porto with his brace, but there were some situations which he could've passed it to Mehdi or Marega.

Comment

Best forward/striker in Liga NOS (February ediation)

Comment

Highlights

Comment

Working...
                                X