This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Situation: work on Wed that could not be postponed/rescheduled during UCL match.

Options: Follow score live (without video/audio access) or avoid all online sports forum/news until I get home and watch the recording after the fact?
    It depends how hardcore of a fan you are. If this was team melli, I'd say watch the recording. But if I were you, I'd probably just follow the live score since it's just champions league

Comment

^Hardcore for TM and Mehdi...so I agree with watching the recording =)

Comment

^ That's the way to go, watch the recording my friend, otherwise distractions will impact the work and you will not really enjoy the match and you will end up being exhausted, a definite lose-lose.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Mehdi consoling Sergio after their loss and Sergio's PK miss

Comment

Conceição: what Pinto da Costa said and the words that summarize the mood of FC Porto

FC Porto coach talked about the referee and Francisco Conceição's debut, at the Press conference after the 2-2 draw with Boavista.

FC Porto's position on refereeing: "Our president spoke and was very clear. We want serenity, but we have to say enough to everything that has happened lately. There are three words that sum up our state of mind: unbelievers, because so many years ago that I play football, I’ve never seen how in these last games refereeing decisions have had such an influence on the results; frustrated, because our quality of play, not being very rich in Belém, if the refereeing was as it should have been, we were closer to winning with absolute certainty, in the other two games they saw what happened, it has to do with the quality of the game, especially in Braga, 11 against 11, very rich, very good, and sadness, associated with the last two words, of not get the results we deserved. "

Francisco Conceição: "From Francisco, this most emotional part is at home, when he is with me, here he is a player like the others, I treat him in exactly the same way. He takes some as hard as others take him, he takes a compliment when he has to take , a hug. Obviously he, an 18 year old boy, with the soul and passion he has, a tear fell on him, it is absolutely normal, we are all human. He also fell on me, if you want to tell him. "

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13350826.html

Comment

What did they see with VAR on that 3-2 goal?

Comment

Mehdi Taremi @ FC Porto | 2020-2021

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                areh...
                Fucking VAR ..![emoji2959]
                Fking over games & sucking the joy outa football since it’s goddamn inception..!

Ever since it fked outa that legit & fantastic Saeed’s WC goal, been wanting to be rid of that pos supposed technology..!
                I always thought that was a legit goal. If Spain or Portugal scored in the same situation against us, no way the goal would be disallowed. Most referee decisions don’t rule in our favor, just like Ronaldo’s elbow in Morteza’s face which was a 100% red.

Comment

VAR is a two way thing it could actually also benefit you in situations where you would lose the game. To see if VAR has been used more against Porto the data is available and can easily be ascertained.
                  IDK if anyone noticed, in one situation Taremi was chasing the defender and ball about 2/3 meter in front of him on the right flank, second half. I thought no way he won't reach the player and was holding my breath for a foul. He got to the defender and stretched like elastic got the ball off of his feet got up and whipped it up to the 18 yards. Amazing. I am sure his body stretches like elstic. Looks that way.
                  The Boavista team played 5 defenders and that was clear indication they were designating two defenders to man mark Taremi. Idk if anyone also noticed how Taremi was trying to drag the defenders away and open up space for Marega. Shame it was not Marega's night. But what a clinical finish by Taremi! Tight space, chested down the ball and bang into the goal.
                  Amazing stuff. But another so unlucky night for Porto. Let's hope the lady luck gets fed up of whoever she is flirting with and will come back soon.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    I always thought that was a legit goal. If Spain or Portugal scored in the same situation against us, no way the goal would be disallowed. Most referee decisions don’t rule in our favor, just like Ronaldo’s elbow in Morteza’s face which was a 100% red.
                    Anything to prove it was legit? Honestly asking because I remember it was rightfully disallowed for hand ball / offside.

Comment

Another observation: the two very close scoring chances Boavista striker had. Both of them with his leg/inside knee. it looked well drilled. I think this is very hard to defend. The ball is crossed inside the box at arms height so defenders would try to avoid the ball as it might hit their arms/hands and concede a penalty. it is too low for header and too high for feet. so thats when the leg/knee comes in only if you are expecting it and have practised it before. Very close to score 2 more goals were it not for the Marchasin's good reflexes.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

VAR is garbage and is really ruining football, they should abolish or remove it.

Comment

Okay a couple of things about VAR for your consideration. I don't know if these apply for all leagues but it does in Netherlands so I assume it applies to other European leagues as well:

1. it's the ref's decision not the VAR. The Ref can always overrule the VAR if he wants (it rarely every happens but it happened a couple of time in Netherlands). So if the ref is biased then..

2. The Ref doesn't have to even listen to the VAR and go check the video. Again it doesn't happen oftern but in Netherlands it happens and once the ref was even wrong with his decision and admitted after the game that he should have gone and see the video as VAR was right (I don't know if it was a red card orange penalty anymore).

3. VAR has special software and additional cameras for offside calls which they can measure by cm. So the call by compute is always correct. You could argue that it goes against the FIFA principle that in case of doubt the attacking team shod get the benefit of doubt, which in case of offsides below 5 cm is definitely doubtful if it's not done by cameras and software.

4. People are always angry when the new technology or rule works against them and want it gone. But then when it works in their benefit they are.......The whole VAR thing is supposed to help the weaker/away playing teams to not be disadvantaged by the ref. So we technically should be pro it as Iran is usually not lucky with ref decisions, either by the Arabian FC refs, or playing against stronger teams outside of Asia. Our player usually also play in weaker teams (except bayern and FC Porto and zenit) so overall our players benefit.

5. The Dutch cup was played without the VAR this year and everyone, including the biggest anti-VAR people on TV, realized that it's better to have a VAR and be irritated by it once in a while than see huge ref mistakes and think that it was an intentional mistake

Comment

Even forgiving that most of these VAR officials are incompetent, the technology is not at the level of tennis where the margin for error is virtually non-existant. The point at which they freeze the frame for offside calls along with the stupid points at which they deem the line should be drawn from such as a person's sleeve/armpit hair make the margin of error too great to be deciding on calls of a few cm apart.

For red card and handball decisions which seem to now have a fair degree of subjectivity involved due to the crap rules of the sport, the camera angle and speed that is shown to the referee can paint a very different picture to reality and so, that decision as to which angle and speed to show these referees (who again, are largely idiots) easily leads to manipulation.

Both of the above are very worrying when bigger things are at risk than some Portuguese league match. Deciders of world cup qualifications involving confederations known for corruption such as, for example, CONCACAF or.......AFC are potentially opening themselves up for yet another avenue of corruption.

Either say that decisions have to be clear of a certain margin in order for VAR to overrule the in-game officials or don't use this crap system which drains the sport of all passion and fluidity and has us soon watching a fucking Budweiser advert in the World Cup final whilst we wait for the referee to decide if Allahyar's 30 yard 90th minute winner was offside or not because Mehdi's nose hair may have strayed offside and made an attempt for the ball.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Even forgiving that most of these VAR officials are incompetent, the technology is not at the level of tennis where the margin for error is virtually non-existant. The point at which they freeze the frame for offside calls along with the stupid points at which they deem the line should be drawn from such as a person's sleeve/armpit hair make the margin of error too great to be deciding on calls of a few cm apart.

For red card and handball decisions which seem to now have a fair degree of subjectivity involved due to the crap rules of the sport, the camera angle and speed that is shown to the referee can paint a very different picture to reality and so, that decision as to which angle and speed to show these referees (who again, are largely idiots) easily leads to manipulation.

Both of the above are very worrying when bigger things are at risk than some Portuguese league match. Deciders of world cup qualifications involving confederations known for corruption such as, for example, CONCACAF or.......AFC are potentially opening themselves up for yet another avenue of corruption.

Either say that decisions have to be clear of a certain margin in order for VAR to overrule the in-game officials or don't use this crap system which drains the sport of all passion and fluidity and has us soon watching a fucking Budweiser advert in the World Cup final whilst we wait for the referee to decide if Allahyar's 30 yard 90th minute winner was offside or not because Mehdi's nose hair may have strayed offside and made an attempt for the ball.
                                taymaz strikes again

Comment

Working...
                                X