Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ On penalties called for Porto today: I urge a certain member of our forum to revisit the optometrist.

Go Medhi!

Comment

Wow! Mehdi should be MOTM. He was fantastic. Both penalties were granted resulting from his play or pass. The refereeing in Portugal is truly problmatic. Evalinson could have not humanly removed his hand out of the way even though he tried. The third goal was valid. Mehdi should have been allowed to take the second penalty. On to Juventus match. I am so excited and my level excitement will definitely impact my sleep the next few nights.
      Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        both pks looked like Pks.
        if you call those soft then not sure what nanu getting spinal cord lesion can be classified as (no pk given there)
        You are missing the point. I agreed that both looked like PK. I said so in the first 2 words. The point was that on the whole of the evidence, saying the officials are screwing FCP seems a bit too emotional.

But since my knowledge of football is not as strong as the average member here, if you are insisting that in this game the officials robbed FCP, then I will have to accept your judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          You are missing the point. I agreed that both looked like PK. I said so in the first 2 words. The point was that on the whole of the evidence, saying the officials are screwing FCP seems a bit too emotional.

But since my knowledge of football is not as strong as the average member here, if you are insisting that in this game the officials robbed FCP, then I will have to accept your judgement.
          i never said the officials robbed them in this game. Not sure where you got that from.

Said in general they were on receiving end of some truly horrible calls in past few weeks.

Comment

also I think porto could be better served by going with mid 3 moving forward...Not sure what you guys think but they look super stretched in so many games this year.

Now that marega is playing like shit (although still working hard) and evanilson although better in the box is not a complete package yet, it seems the trade off to play 4-4-2 is not worth it.

A midfield of Uribe Grujic and Sergio or Uribe Sergio Otavio could give them a lot more control and steady build plays, less turnovers and transitions. then a front three of Corona-Taremi-Diaz could do damage on offense.

Comment

The problem with the disallowed goal isn’t the VAR, it’s the stupid rule of the game. Intentional or not if the ball comes off the hand in the lead up to the goal then it has to be disallowed. Liverpool got done for it against Spurs and for that one they went all the way back to the halfway line when The ball came off Firmino’s hand.

Comment

I think VAR calls like this that are so close (3cm offside; brushing the long sleeve jersey of the arm, etc) can not be used to reverse a prior goal/decision, even with VAR review. It's just too close and leaves it up to the discretion of the ref. In cases like this, that even VAR can not definitively prove, they should just let stand the prior decision (goal awarded, etc). VAR has a LOT of issues, and many (including CQ and other prolific coaches) have criticized it. But it's what we have currently, and until FIFA decides to amend VAR rules, it will be a source of frustration for us all.

Comment

Robbed or not, they have only themselves to blame after being 0-2 down to a team who had only scored 17 goals in 18 games prior to today. Really sloppy first half that led to these goals.

I think it's safe to say that Sporting will win the league now. Let's just hope Porto can knock out Juve and get as far as possible in the CL.

Comment

Too sad.

1. My opinionis no player should take more than 1 penalty in a game, it was much easier from pressure point if someone else took the second penalty.
                    2.Marega reminds me of Ali Daei in his last years ... not my type of player, they should think if he is the right forward for Porto
                    3. The coach has some strange decisions choosing players, Otavio and Grujic should have started and Grujic should become a starter in my eyes

Overall what can i say, it was clearly a goal, no chance for anyone to move the hand, that was no handball and a clear goal ..... referees are strange in Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      What a shame , I loved that emotion between Conceicao and his son and then VAR ruined it.
                      areh...
                      Fucking VAR ..!🤬
                      Fking over games & sucking the joy outa football since it’s goddamn inception..!

Ever since it fked outa that legit & fantastic Saeed’s WC goal, been wanting to be rid of that pos supposed technology..!

Comment

Mia Culpa

Comment

Cracker of a game, Porto only have themselves to blame I mean a PK would’ve been the winner but it hit the post.

Comment

Comment

Higlights of the match.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Situation: work on Wed that could not be postponed/rescheduled during UCL match.

Options: Follow score live (without video/audio access) or avoid all online sports forum/news until I get home and watch the recording after the fact?

Comment

Working...
                                X