This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    the thing is I really dont think beira is even bad with his feet!??!? Seriously, go look at spurs match and how well he did under pressure after first 10 mins.

Strangely his kicking from GOALKICKS randomly turned into mirzapour vs brugge. But that is certainly never a problem for him until now so I dont think it will be a big issue after a few games.
    I agree and think he just needs a run of games to settle down and get comfortable. I think it was just nerves, and it doesn't help when your coach is using you as a scapegoat.

Comment

Highlights! How is butez in the line up with that level of goal keeping. Watch minute 1:55 he passes the ball opponent !

Comment

Also found the Highlights of the previous game .

Minute 1:33 - Beiranvand was called a "mistake" for this by leko . But Butez pass to opponent in todays game is even worse. Lets see if Leko is gonna call Butez a mistake too !
        https://youtu.be/V4os2oiaD_4?t=94

Comment

Did Leko make any post match comments on Butez?
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Honestly, that tactic of playing with the GK on the ground that much is idiotic and just begging for a disastrous error.

There are probably a handful of GKs in the entire world that are that comfortable playing with their feet, and they sure as hell don't play for Royal Antwerp.

Comment

Guys I thought to share fan’s comments on Antwerp Facebook which is a more legitimate place to discuss football with supporters at a professional level than FIFA’s chatroom as there many teenagers in FIFA’s pages and many anti Beiranvand and trolls acting as an Antwerp fans. I can say almost 90% are questioning the coach about his preference of Butez over Beiranvand even before today’s loss.

This post was made after the game. Sorry for the bad translation. I thought ot would be iseful and interesting to you:

10:05 Royal Antwerp F.C. 10h · O ... Robert Mucha:

Hi Have some time now, so l'm emailing you this: 5 on 21,0 on 9... After the match against Zulte: - players don't want anymore - no disturbance on man in possession ball all over the field - all players, but all, realize that Ivan's tactics have been dismantled: high disturbance in the back of Haroun and Antwerp is stuck - Rafa off, I thought Benavente.. makes sense right... HE DOESN ' T LIKE IT. - 6 players, placed in the 2nd half on ' wrong ' place, not to their qualities, that's how you get loose sand... Players don't understand the coach's intentions on the property. Etc,etc... So also all confidence is gone

1 comment: equalizer should not be rejected. Dramatic mistake Butez at the goal: playing ball wrong, stayed on the line 3 times at goalf phase Sporty evaluation Leko holds on to 3-5-2. With that system, the wing players are important, both defensive (and opponent at the ball) and offensive (RAFC in the attack). That double task is not always done well.. (e.g. juklerod at the 1st goal of Brugge) tactical insight of both flank players sometimes leaves to be desired., at the wrong time ' going ' or sometimes ' defensive ' position Not filled out. Plus: I rewatched the match against Brugge to analyze Beyranvands keeping; He had more good intervention, besides the bad ones, than Butez in his last match (both matching critics...), he saved tough balls. Lastly: if you play with 3 defenders, the middle player is not allowed to leave that central position so often (to intercept...). For that, the defensive midfielder who has to cover the opening there is. When G élin moves over, takes position for the 2 flank defenders, you are in an extremely precarious situation (given his running speed, small shape (heads..) Then Dylan and Seck have to squeeze in from afar, plus that the wing players aren't always defensive at Antwerp to help. What did Brys and Clement do: poster 2 players between Haroun and Gelin.. this way you get 2 possibilities, either Gelin gets into trouble and gets out or those attackers walk to the flanks to walk free. With results. Thought for a while that Buta, Lamkel belong to the more talented players and are completely ignored (yes, Buta too: insert in hopeless situations..). There are reasonable few players who don't like Leko (sic): Mbenza etc. You play a few matches without a striker. He didn't have one: how do Ampomah and Mbenza feel about that announcement? (Ok, they haven't covered well yet or not played at all but still..) Lastly:

10:06 Royal Antwerp F.C. 10h · 8 ... Gheysens sr and Gheysens jr drank a glass on his appointment with Ivan.. Can't see Luciano. Home or sick? Luciano is an advocate for direct football quickly forward, always has been. The transfers this past transfer period (not all from Luciano, some from others in the club) as well as Leko's weak psychological skill, plus his inability to respond during the match (how defeated it was at 20 min on Sunday. Before the end? He didn't remember..) raise question marks. So, for now this is enough... You also have to call good friends to order in the context of return to protect themselves especially. Bobke mucha greetings
              sigpic
              SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
              IRAN
              - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

I have tried to read more into who Leko is and who this Butez is.

It seems Butez was wanted by the top teams (Brugge, Anderlecht, Antwerp) in Belgium , so he is seen as a big talent (explains his 4 year deal also).
                Supporters were anxious to see either one (Beiranvand or Butez) ; one was a big talent wanted by big Belgium clubs, the other one was tipped being worldclass by Wilmots, stopped a Christiano penalty on a worldcup. But when Leko choose Butez and gave him a 10-15 game run, most of the supporters were behind him as nr1 keeper.
                Seeing Beiranvand against Tottenham gave them confidence that their nr 2 goalkeeper is at least as good as their nr 1, but because of his "onorthodox" type of play, technic, they had more confidence in Butez (i can understand that for a part, because from my point of view sometimes our goalies do use technique that looks like something that will end up becoming a goal instead of saving the situation. Although at the end it goes well it does look "unorthodox").

Leko already messed up his goalies @Brugge, which means he either don't know how to be(come) a people manager or he desires certain qualities from his goalies which is very hard to achieve (for the goalkeeper that is).
                He (Leko) was arrested during the whole investigation on transfers in which the Iranian Bayat played a (key?) rol. Instead of Bayat or any other person it was Leko who got his picture in every single newspaper (and online media). Leko served 1 night in jail. So maybe this made him hate Iranians? i'm just guessing here.

I also read the game thread of Antwerp - Brugge on their forum and to me it seems 50% of their supporters rates Butez higher but the other half rates Beiranvand higher.

At the end the stats of this two goalkeepers speaks for themselfs; IMHO Beiranvand is head and shoulder above this Butez guy. But his style of play, lack of playing time (lacking rhythm) and the simple fact Western Europeans or skeptical when it comes to Iranian football players , gives Butez the upperhand (for now).
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Can someone explain what their mean when they say Beiranvand is unorthodox?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                    It is a way to say that he doesn't have the technical basics of a GK, in a polite way

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      It is a way to say that he doesn't have the technical basics of a GK, in a polite way
                      Yeah, I know, but I don't really agree with that depiction of his play. The only thing unorthodox about him is his long throws, which obviously is an asset, not a liability.

Comment

Unorthodox does not mean negative it just mean unusual and not the way it is supposed to be or expected. As you said correctly the only thing unorthodox about Alireza's goal keeping is his long throws. Not many keepers have this extraordinary and extremely useful skill. The ex Antwerp keeper tried to defend him but he also made some stupid and derogatory comments about him by saying he has not had professional training which is bollocks. By this he was trying to mock our football which is one of the top 3 best in Asia with professional leagues.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          the thing is I really dont think beira is even bad with his feet!??!? Seriously, go look at spurs match and how well he did under pressure after first 10 mins.

Strangely his kicking from GOALKICKS randomly turned into mirzapour vs brugge. But that is certainly never a problem for him until now so I dont think it will be a big issue after a few games.
                          Agree, he's actually one of the GK in Iran who we always where confident in when it comes his "playing with feet"

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Highlights! How is butez in the line up with that level of goal keeping. Watch minute 1:55 he passes the ball opponent !
                            First of all, thanks Milad jan for the HD highlights.

Omg, this pass on 1:55 was 10 times more disaster than the one from Alireza last game. At least, Alirezas pass should not have been that crucial since it was far from the goal in the middle of the pitch. And for the Goal, this goal was worse that both goal Beira conceded. Look at his positioning.

Comment

Yeah, I know, but I don't really agree with that depiction of his play. The only thing unorthodox about him is his long throws, which obviously is an asset, not a liability.
                              Antwerp fans only saw this sample from him : good save and unusual long throw, but hasardous aerial exit and foot kicks

Comment

know i understand why are player go to Qatar League ,

Comment

Working...
                                X