This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    lol wtf kinda statue is that..? is he lending them a hand or something..?
    Ant = hand in dutch werp(or werpen) = throw
    It is a statue in antwerp

Comment

7.8 in WhoScored

Comment

antwerp fans take...

"RAFC conclusions in the #UEL
        - Beiranvand, always the first goalkeeper!
        - Ritchie is indispensable
        - Antwerp needs a good striker
        - Please never let Boya play a football match again, what a disaster"

Comment

What's the consensus? Do we think he took over and Butez will be the backup from now on?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            What's the consensus? Do we think he took over and Butez will be the backup from now on?
            its possible. We have to see what happens vs brugge this weekend. In event of beira not starting (still possible) I think he is now very close to xi. Butez was horrendous last week and if he ships a few more in weak fashion he will put nail in his own coffin. From what I saw of him recently it seems his confidence is getting lower, and probably very nervous from this beira display. He is not an experienced GK and still young, many years a number 2, so Im not sure how he will respond to this pressure, recent weak displays, but I doubt very well.

Comment

I'd like to see Butez given a fair run first before we jump to any conclusions.

Comment

Beiro just signed himself back into Dragan’s selection
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

"Antwerp could not stunt at Tottenham and lost 2-0. The Spurs thus took the group win away for The Great Old, which, however, could look back on a solid match. The debuting goalkeeper Beiranvand and captain Haroun were the stars.
                  Alireza Beiranvand 7
                  Nervous start. Showed his fine throw, but also his sharp interventions."

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20201210_97986540

-From main belgian sportspaper

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    Boot-Z, I say
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                      Beiro just signed himself back into Dragan’s selection
                      I know our WCQ campaign is in a hairy situation, but it's nice having two reliable GKs for once.

Comment

Great performance. Best player on the pitch beside lo celso.

Sure might have been better idea to punch that free kick away, but a lot of goalies wouldn't even get a hand on that ball to begin with.

We all know that Beiro is way above the league he plays in now, and hopefully more chances in EL gives him a chance to prove his worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          Huh? He’s played in like 20+ games this season how is that not a fair run? He’s nothing special, not a bad keeper but def not on Beiro’s level.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            Did you forget [\sarc]?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Huh? He’s played in like 20+ games this season how is that not a fair run? He’s nothing special, not a bad keeper but def not on Beiro’s level.
                              sarcasm lol

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                Ant = hand in dutch werp(or werpen) = throw
                                It is a statue in antwerp
                                That's really hillarious and a perfect allegory for a keeper known for his unusually long and precise throws.

(And I think I now get it: werp(en) = werFen in German. Antwerpen = Handwerfen in German. Hillarious!

I really hope Beiranvand will establish himself as the starting keeper and if so works out really well for Antwerp. And if so (I know multiple ifs) that this meme becomes legendary in the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X